A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,582
Currently Running With Scissors:
592 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My Kitchen Makeover AKA My Thrifted Kitchen  (Read 14009 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Moxie574
« on: October 23, 2007 12:09:18 PM »

Well I posted pictures last year of my livingroom makeover and this summer I layed a new floor in my kitchen, it was a pain but I love it .  So yesterday I picked up some fresh flowers and cleaned my kitchen for a tea party/stitch and bitch...everything looked pretty and bright and I used the last of my Mrs.Meyers honeysuckle so it smelled wonderful I just had to snap some pictures to share my new space.  It was done on a pretty tight budget, besides the new fridge most of the budget was spent on the floor.  I decorated with items from the thrift store and yardsales.  The colors were inspired by 2 cast iron sinks, last year I was at our local Habitat for Humanity and I spyed a pile of wooden crates.  In the crates were new vintage sinks.  I couldn;t decide between the hot pink or the sky blue some I splurged 20 bucks each and purchased them both.  A few months after I purchased them a good friend closed on her house , I was still debating which sink and what color floor when she let me know how much she love love loved the pink sink.  So i gave it to her as a house warming gift.  Which worked out since she had it installed and I found out they were undermounts *sigh* and I would have to rip out my lime countertops to install it.  Needless to say I held on to my sky blue sink for another day/project.  I am pretty happy with my mini remodel....

This is my kitchen before...

Pretty lack luster and basic...I hated the floor it showed every scrap and bit of dirt.

This is the after....

I hope you have enjoyed my make over, I have a tendency to clutter so I try an edit myself often.  I hope to post pictures of my craft room and retrofied patio soon.

EDIT*** Thanks so much for the responses!  The floor is Composite VInyl from Rave Collection in "Bikini Blue" and "Shocking" ...I spent forever ripping up the sheet vinyl and cutting the tiles to fit, it was a paint but so worth it.  I will try and snap a good picture of the blue sink to add, its a little hard to see in its crate.  Oh also the paint in the kitchen is Behr - Spring Meadow...
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011 06:10:08 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

All Vintage, All the time.
LeesaLove
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007 12:19:18 PM »

WOW!
   WOW!!That looks incredible!!
I LOVE the color, it really POPS!
I like how you added just a few of thew red tiles to floor ....
I love the silouette of the woman mopping...
I am SMITTEN with your KITCHEN!!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007 12:31:31 PM by LeesaLove » THIS ROCKS   Logged
zay73

kimchi and rice and everything nice

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007 12:22:31 PM »

May I ask what brand paint and paint color you used?  I want to do my kitchen in a lime green too and this is pretty darn close to what I want for my kitchen.  The colors for my kitchen will be lemon, lime, and orange. Smiley  Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, satan shudders & says...

"Oh no....she's awake!!"
MacesMeMe

My Bully the DoofyDoo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007 12:23:18 PM »

Holy cow that is awesome, never would of known it was the same kitchen!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my kids reupholstered recliner
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=314248.0
LindsayLuu
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007 12:30:54 PM »

your kitchen looks great!  AND, I love your vintage cookware in that cupboard.  Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

madscientist
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2007 12:31:47 PM »

I absolutely love what you have done to your kitchen.  Oh wow.  I love the bright colors.  I think a kitchen should be bright and cheerful and this is wonderful!  Did you just paint?? Or are there new tiles and cabinet doors?  
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tovi

spread kisses!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2007 12:46:17 PM »

so amazing!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sewing is the new shopping!
jen53207
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2007 12:50:26 PM »

Looks fantastic - please share what you did with the floor. I love the two colors you chose and the random tile pattern.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kiwi
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2007 12:59:11 PM »

THIS ROCKS!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mimichica
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2007 01:22:33 PM »

Waaaaaay cute!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Picking Out the Perfect Sunglasses
How to Find the Right Size Shoe For You
Zoe Saldana Bares Her Abs in a Crop Top and Goes Bold in Hot Pink
The 6 Shoes Every Woman Should Own
How to Pick Underwear For Your Body Type
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...