A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,468
Currently Running With Scissors:
484 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2007 Completed Costumes Scrapbook! (completed project pictures & links go here!)  (Read 70796 times)
Tags for this thread: halloween , halloween_costume , costume , costume_idea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Emmers
« Reply #80 on: November 01, 2007 09:34:00 PM »

^
I love how your wings and costume turned out. You look wonderful. =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rafalkner
« Reply #81 on: November 01, 2007 10:18:36 PM »

I was the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil.  Doesn't that fruit look tempting?

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Heinoushayley
« Reply #82 on: November 02, 2007 01:13:22 AM »

Mary Kathrine Gallager!

Wow! Superstar is the best!! x hehee
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007 01:14:54 AM by Heinoushayley » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Muria
« Reply #83 on: November 02, 2007 09:24:12 AM »

Here are my trick or treaters:

The pumpkin costume was made by my mom (for my nephew a few years ago actually: it's nice to recycle, especially since that's what DS really wanted to be), and I made the red eyed tree frog costume for my two year old.  There are orange feet for it as well, but I was worried that he would trip over them, so unless he decides to use them as slippers, they were pretty much a wasted effort.  Any time someone asked him what he was, he said, "I a tree frog!  Ribbit ribbit!"  Smiley
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007 09:24:51 AM by Muria - Reason: mysteriously missing punctuation » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
ALL the boards craftalong: 11/40
Beginning wister
Will personal swap for coins from 1944
katiebread
« Reply #84 on: November 02, 2007 12:24:13 PM »

CUTE!  Rock on, little tree frog man.  Rock the amphibian pride.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cheebs

Too busy wisting to be resting...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #85 on: November 02, 2007 02:23:33 PM »

My Little Red outfit
All handmade based on a Simplicity pattern that I've had for a long time, it has Little red and a french maid on the cover.

My boyfriend's costume. 
He made the head himself based on an online tutorial by a furry.  He bought the Bear in the Big Blue House costume from ebay and just refashioned the body for his idea.
He's suppose to be a Teddy from a video game, but I can't remember which.

Here's a more frontal view of my bf's costume.
Those were our friends Shawn and Alex.  They are in a band and were doing DEVO at a Halloween party the next day but wanted to show off their great costumes that night.

Hope you enjoy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

insomniel
« Reply #86 on: November 02, 2007 02:28:58 PM »

Doctor Girlfriend/Jackie Kennedy costume, made out of T-shirts and handsewn because I didn't have my sewing machine with me. The hat was just made out of cardboard and tape and covered with fabric, I think it was my favorite part. No one recognized me but everyone thought it looked nice. From a distance. In the dark, hah hah...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SilentMynerva
Crafty Goddess!

The Silent Roman Goddess of Wisdom!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #87 on: November 02, 2007 03:21:40 PM »

I was Hermione Granger... I put together the outfit from different things I had... i.e. a skirt from Wal-mart, borrowed a vest from a friend, etc... made the robe.... it's shiny black with lining in the hood and sleeves for the Gryffindor-ness...

This is my boyfriend... I made his whole Jedi outfit... that you can see took me forever... got it from a Simplicity pattern.... he was happy with it...

here we are together...
We went to a halloween party... everyone liked our costumes...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

jmesdiylounge
That girl is crafty like ice is cold! ~Beastie Boys

Sew it up!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: November 02, 2007 03:46:44 PM »

I decided last Halloween that I was going to go all out and make a real costume.

My cousin-BFF's family goes to Mickey's Halloween Treat at Disney's California Adventure every year. And every year the family has a new theme. We picked Wizard of Oz this year. All the costumes were made using the Wizard of Oz branded patterns from Simplicity.

So I got to make my own Wicked Witch/Elphaba Costume.
But after sewing a bridesmaids dress this summer, I nixed the dress and wore a black dress that I had. The corset/belt and hat were not as fancy in the pattern but I can never leave things alone!

I love Wicked, so I would say that my costume is more Elphie then 'Wicked Witch'. It was so fun to dress up. It was also fun to drive to the park and have people stare!

Make up!

I used this really gross green cream as a base, but it sucked. Thank goodness I bought every kind of green make up that I could find!

The final makeup was crushed green eyeshadow and green eye liner.

The Hat

I made this hat using the Wizard of Oz pattern from Simplicity. Then since I wanted to be cool, I added a lot of decorations!

The whole gang

As you can see the Tin Man is trying to wack me. Dorthy was born to be a model. The Scarecrow is super cute. The Cowardly Lion didn't want to wear his costume, but a bribe of $20, a new toy, a day of of school (which he was going to have anyway!), and a Pepsi sealed the deal!

Thanks for looking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My shop Boatload of Craft is here!!
Boatload of Craft - My Shop/MySpace/Flickr
eye_on_sparrow
« Reply #89 on: November 02, 2007 05:23:14 PM »

This is my daughter and her college roomate in the costumes I made for them.  They are Wilma Flintstone and Betty Rubble.  Aren't they cute.  My daughter made the rocks out of sculpty.http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s219/eye_on_sparrow/HPIM0174.jpg[/img]]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hong String Project 2
White Cube_cotton String_350 X 350 X 350(Cm)_2000.Wmv
Body World Exhibition
Makerbot-Made 3D Zoetrope and 3D Sculptures
Creating the Vica Illusion Sculpture on the Makerbot
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...