A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,750
Currently Running With Scissors:
596 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2007 Completed Costumes Scrapbook! (completed project pictures & links go here!)  (Read 69928 times)
Tags for this thread: halloween , halloween_costume , costume , costume_idea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rhino
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2007 07:15:02 PM »

well i scrapped the white witch and finished up the spun wool dread wig i added dried crawfish, HUGE catfish skull and misc tail bones, chicken bone, misc computer and phone wires, human hair (from a wig), beer bottle cap, skull bone beads, artificial flowers, clam shells, costume jewelry basically just like my monster vomit scarves.
went to the costume contest last night as Jane Sparrow (Jack Sparrows long lost insane sister) was in the top 15 out of 417 woohoo) painted my face up with el cheap white costume make up in a tube and powdered my skin with cocoa powder Smiley not sure if the wig counts as a sew along but oh my goodness it was a whole lot of threading through the cap.  heavy? indeed it was dangerous too i truly feel for the other dancers i whiplashed with the catfish skull Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Art is why I get up in the morning; my definition ends there. You know it doesn't seem fair, that I'm living for something I can't even define. And there you are right there, in the mean time."
Out of Habit (Ani Difranco)
http://www.rhino.etsy.com
solarkitee
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2007 08:14:48 PM »

I made my own giant Hello Kitty head!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
jessimocha
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2007 09:20:50 PM »

this is me and my partner as our cats moxley and squiggle Cheesy

i made both our costumes (mostly)

details and many more pictures:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=205097.msg2189196;topicseen#msg2189196
THIS ROCKS   Logged

we will arise from the bunkers,
by land, by sea, by dirigible
we'll leave our tracks untraceable now

[and] hear all the bombs fade away...
Pilgrimpriest
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2007 09:32:42 PM »

Rachel Morgan from For a Few Demons More by Kim Harrison.

More pics and info at http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=205098.0.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
OhSweetNuthin
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2007 10:17:05 PM »

I made my own giant Hello Kitty head!

Holy crap that is seriously awesome.

Everyone has such great costumes this year!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2007 02:22:43 AM »

*o* <---reserving a spot for my completely homemade (no patterns even!!) double group costumes (+plus one lonely old man)

loving the scrapbook so far...

all my pics will come after halloween, but i will post them here...

its Lily Moon's very first Halloween, and she is gonna be SUPER SCHWEET...hehe

here are two in progress pix from tonight, i took them for a friend who wanted to see what i was up too...there are basically the same, but you can see the skirt (no pattern, made of gold brocade) and the shirt (no pattern again, made of fleece) and i didnt even measure to make em...lol...i just started cutting...cos i am just that kinda crafter....hack away and hope it works....

10 pts for anyone who can guess what i am going as...

you will be able to tell when i have my makeup and such on...

here are my contributions for the scrapbook (later on im gonna make a thread dedicated to the whole thing, cos im super proud of what me and my sister made)

Princess Peach, Mario, and Toad (the inspiration for the group, it was her very first EVER halloween, and she loved it!)

this one, i only made the Cowardly Lion costume, but the whole reason i dressed up was because my best friend (dorothy) wanted me to...i made it in literally 2 days

and here my brothers costume, it was made quickly, and he ended up not even going out, which really bummed me out, but he was supposed to be the Emerald City

halloween was super awesome, we went trick-or-treating and had a blast (made a new friend) and Lily got LOADS of candy... Grin

« Last Edit: April 17, 2009 08:44:59 AM by MissDisney » THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
6in1
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2007 04:49:54 AM »

Golden anniversary Minnie?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2007 04:56:05 AM »

I know, but I feel like I would be cheating because I read it elsewhere. Cheesy

Can't wait to see your makeup & such.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
asocialcelebrity
Kitschy Crafter

"DiY, My Darling"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2007 07:55:02 AM »

I am going as a Pacific Northwest Native American this year and my husband is going as a Mayan (he made his own costume, too, but he's not finished with it yet!). Here's mine!
I made it loosely based off a sloper. sleeves, bottom, neckline, and back are my own design.
The dress is made of microfiber suedecloth, vintage leather pieces, fringe, a decorative trim belt, strips of vintage raccoon fur, and some leather horses my mother cut out as appliques.
The moccasins I did not make, luckily. They are gorgeous and are/were my mother's.
Headband is made of two strips of rawhide, vintage raccoon fur, and red/white plumes.
Earrings are handmade feather ones (like the ones I sell).
The collar was a complete bitch to make. All the strands are glass beads (hand-beaded) on leather with fur, fringe, and pheasant feathers.
I also made a bow and arrow (out of dowels, feathers, bone, rawhide, and waxed linen) and a shawl (blizzard fleece with a decorative trim) - shawl is in chair. I still may do beads around the top of the collar. I'm not sure yet.
It isn't perfect, but over all I am pleased with it. It is the first costume I have ever made and the first time I have dressed up (in an actual costume and not weird stuff like I always wear) since I was little.
Sorry I don't have a photo of the back yet. If I get to it tonight, I'll post one up.
Everyone's costumes look so good! I am so jealous! You gals (and guys) are so talented!
HAPPY HALLOWEEEEN!!!

xoxo
taylor

THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3 + crinoline, xoxo
ashley_mae
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2007 08:16:45 AM »

I'm going as  buttered toast. Carbs are super evil to me so my costume is a scary one this year.

]

I went to visit some of the girls at work :o)

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Essence Gives Four Service Women Military Makeovers
How to Wear Pink Makeup
Mally Roncal Makeup Backstage at the Tracy Reese NYFW Fall Show
How to Hide Gray Hairs
How to Fix a Fake-Looking Self-Tan
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...