A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 300,948
Currently Running With Scissors:
738 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2007 Completed Costumes Scrapbook! (completed project pictures & links go here!)  (Read 74458 times)
Tags for this thread: halloween , halloween_costume , costume , costume_idea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cornie

I sound my barbaric yawp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: November 02, 2007 06:49:15 PM »

i was a ladybug

i bought the chemise but made my wings and antennae. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*-.,.-*-.,.-**-.,.-  *-.,.-**-.,.-
art/projects
*-.,.-*-.,.-**-.,.-  *-.,.-**-.,.-
rhoticity
« Reply #91 on: November 02, 2007 09:28:02 PM »

Those Devo costumes are awesomeeee! I tried so hard to get some friends to do that video.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Look, I've shrunk it! BY THE MAGIC OF XEROGRAPHY." -my sociolinguistics professor

wisty.
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 02, 2007 09:28:57 PM »

Wow, guys!  Grrrrreat scrapbook for us!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pheather

I am full of p and v....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #93 on: November 02, 2007 10:39:56 PM »

Great segue Sweets,

I sewed my daughter's costume this year (I didn't get to dress up because I had to drive 3 1/2 hours away for a work conference).  Here are the pictures (she helped a little too, She was obsessed with the sewing machine).  We made the tiger print pieces (shirt, tail and hat) the rest is ready made (mainly because my sewing abilities are very limited with my machine as well as how cold it is here on Halloween every year).
A couple different action shots:

And She wanted to show you her tail

Thanks for looking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MaeKitty
« Reply #94 on: November 03, 2007 09:27:23 AM »

Hi all! Hope this doesn't offend anyone!

Every year, there is an event here in Ottawa at a local bar called "The Witches Gathering". I've been attending for 5 years now. Last year, my buddy Tyler informed me that he and our friend Sandy were going to go as Orgazmo and Choda Boy from the comedy movie, Orgazmo (http://imdb.com/title/tt0124819/). As the time approached, Sandy asked my help in putting together his costume.

We bought an old Superman pattern off of e-bay and were dismayed to discover it was ripped and incomplete. So, using Sandy as my model, and one of his old t-shirts, I designed my own top half to his spandex unitard, Sandy made the fiberglass Orgazmarater, and did half the sewing himself. I also helped Tyler with his Choda Boy costume, though he did the majority of the work.

Now, to share our combined efforts. They ended up winning Crowd Favourite btw Smiley

That's me in the middle Cheesy

They won!!

FYI, the Orgazmarator had flashing lights too. Sandy wired and fabricated the whole thing Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FruityLoops
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

... and that's why I don't like cricket

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: November 03, 2007 11:33:27 AM »

I was a zombifyed evil doll type thing at my friends Halloween party on Wednesday.  The skirt I made using some cool orange and black check knitted material, the t-shirt is bought but I cut it up and fake bloodied it a bit and attached giant purple doll-like buttons (and wore another top under so it wasn't indecent).  The jewellery and rose were bought, and the wig I made from purple, pink and black yarn attached to pantyhose.  I got lots of comments on the wig tho I wasn't totally happy with it and I did mault a bit!

This is the link to my post with a closer-up pic in:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=205782.msg2197517#msg2197517

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss_Scarlett
Strange but not a Stranger

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 03, 2007 12:19:55 PM »

I've wanted to do this one for AGES.

I give you...Mary Poppins!

The man friend decided at the last minute he wanted to be the Orange Ghost from PacMan (Otoboke)...so I whiped this up for him also.

Us together:

I was so very sad to discover that the 'cotton' skirt I had in my costume collection was, in fact, partly synthetic and did not take the Navy dye and I would have liked...but I think it turned out quite well just the same.

Thanks for looking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
soteralu
« Reply #97 on: November 03, 2007 12:47:15 PM »

A week later I'm finally recovered enough to find and post pictures of my finished costume.  My band's theme this year was Rockabilly Circus, and to that end, I need to create a costume that looked both circus-y and pin-uppy.  I based the bodice on old Emma Domb prom dresses, added some satin Harlequin diamonds, made a huge poofy tutu, and wore stripey stockings.  I was pleased with the outcome.  See for yourself!

First, the top of my head:

My first fascinator!  The most fun thing to make.

Now, the costume before shaking it made all the sequins fall off the diamonds:

A good idea of the overall size of it, and a gratuitous pic of my bass that I blinged:

I don't have any good shots of the petal detail on the top of the bust, or of the tulle ruffle under the shelf of it, but nobody got that close all night.  By the end, there was a trail of blue and pink sequins where I had walked, and I had lost two of the leaves off the hat.  Those are sure signs of a successful evening!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sweet_Sylvia
« Reply #98 on: November 03, 2007 01:27:16 PM »

Me and a bunch of friends of mine decided to go with a theme this year, I hope you all like.

The only costumes I didn't make were Mario's and Bowser's.

I was princess Peach, My hubby was Luigi, my darling daughter was princess Daisy, My sister was Yoshi and one of my very good friends was Toad.

We had a TON of fun that night!

Thank you Mario, but our princess is in another castle.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PinkDaisy
« Reply #99 on: November 03, 2007 03:10:50 PM »

Aaaahhhhh! My nephews and I went as Super Mario characters, too! I was Yoshi, and they were Mario and Luigi. I made my costume out of scrubs and some felt. I put together my Nephew's costumes.

Super Mario rocks. Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Jewelry/Plus Size Clothing Etsy:  http://etsy.com/shop/alibuttonsdesigns

My fatshion blog: http://alibuttons.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Chocolate-Peanut Butter Pudding
Tips for Making Lemon Meringue Pie
How to Make Coca-Cola Frosting
Coca-Cola Cake Recipe
How to Make Coconut Cream Pie
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...