A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 298,688
Currently Running With Scissors:
496 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2007 Completed Costumes Scrapbook! (completed project pictures & links go here!)  (Read 72990 times)
Tags for this thread: halloween , halloween_costume , costume , costume_idea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

**mandie**
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2007 01:05:39 PM »

So, I have a friend at work who enjoys craftster with me but hasn't yet become a member.. but she was so proud of her costume this year that I really wanted to post it for her.  Sorry if this is against the rules..?  Her name is Carole.  you should see this thing in person.  There's a button on top and a hole for her headphones.  When we walked around the office she had her speakers hooked up to her IPOD so she played music too!! haha!  what a great costume.. anywho.. here it is!   

THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2007 02:12:38 PM »

Golden anniversary Minnie?
lmao, NO, BUT that would be awesome...im adding it to my collection of ideas (my man would SOOOO be mickey for me....lol)

and Sweets...i DID mention it on another threead didnt i....ahh....the secrests out...well my bff will be here any minute and the rest of the costume will be done and in place....i cant wait...i wore it for awhile last night, its super comfy

and my fave costume fo far:

the native american onces, they are the best....but im partial, my grandma had alot of native american artifacts in her house, and claimed to be native american for 40 years, so when i see it, i get all warm and fuzzy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
ollieorange
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2007 06:13:26 PM »

Hulk Hogan vs. Zombie Dr. With a special appearance by Joey Ramone:

I sewed and altered my costume(zombie) and did my makeup I'm eating a babydoll that I altered to be edible. Joey is my husband, Hulk is my friend KT
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Emmers
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2007 07:24:28 PM »

I couldn't think of a costume until last night so this morning I decided to quickly craft one for school. Thus, the "Newspaper Fairy" was born (as dubbed by my friend), and I created a very eco friendly outfit. Now, I don't have wings, but that's because us newspaper fairies deliver on bicycles. =)

You can also see the close up of my hat in my profile picture.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rhoticity
« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2007 10:27:25 PM »

I'm the wall keyboard from Journey's Separate Ways music video! My house dressed up as 80s music videos this year. My best friend was the keyboardist, but I don't have a picture of us together, so here's a YouTube screenshot for the under-pop-culture-informed.

I just wore my scrubs from work underneath, they are the same color as the wall in the video! My keyboard is tape, cardboard and construction paper and a lot of love.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Look, I've shrunk it! BY THE MAGIC OF XEROGRAPHY." -my sociolinguistics professor

wisty.
plumpossum
« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2007 02:43:57 AM »

Here's my little skeleton- all it is is black sweatpants (impossible to find for a 2 year old!) and turtleneck, painted with white fabric paint, which my husband then went over another layer in glow in the dark paint.  I think the make-up was actually the hardest part, two year olds aren't big on having their face done.  And he still has black eyebrows today  Cheesy

I figured I should keep the red eye in the photos, makes him look spookier.

I'm not sure why the photos keep coming out with halos, but wanted to throw in here that our cat dressed as a party animal:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

zombiecazz
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2007 03:38:35 AM »

This is my DD in her Grim reaper outfit. This is the third time this outfit has been used. Originally made it for DS and then DD has worn it twice.
She won first Prize for it at brownies

I cought a black coat and a silver skirt from a charity shop and then chopped up the skirt and sewed each strip onto the black coat. Very effective

THIS ROCKS   Logged

opie57
« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2007 06:55:31 AM »

Wow, amboo213, that is a great costume, and your daughter is adorable!

All these costumes are great!  Gives me lots of ideas for next year. Smiley
I love the little girl as a TMNT, we actually had a little girl come trick or treating as a turtle too.  I'm so glad some things from the 80s are coming back. (but some of it can just stay there too.) Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mynameis_jinx
« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2007 07:27:16 AM »

I was a jester.

I made everything but the tights and long-sleeved shirt, and I managed to finish the whole thing in less than a day and a half.  Whew!

Here's the Craftster thread about it, and you can find lots more pictures and details on my blog.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AndreaLynn
« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2007 07:41:56 AM »

OK Here's the big one, weeks of planning ---

Mystique from X-Men

Click on the thumbnail to see the full size picture...Don't want to get anyone at work unintentionally in trouble!

I made the scales/latex arm/thigh/shorts/stick-on bra ahead of time, and then used liquid latex paint for the body. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Audio Speakers Installed in Hollowed Tree Trunks
Upside Down Fan Built Using a Helicopter
The Freedom Tower Rises: Rebuilding 1 World Trade Center
The Bay Bridge LED Project
Tapping the Crowd to Design a New Kind of Retirement Home
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...