A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,712
Currently Running With Scissors:
602 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2007 Completed Costumes Scrapbook! (completed project pictures & links go here!)  (Read 69898 times)
Tags for this thread: halloween , halloween_costume , costume , costume_idea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2007 11:50:06 AM »

This year is going to be really exciting because we have the "Show Images Only" feature now...woohoo!

Here are our "scrapbooks" from...
2006 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=123346.0
2005 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=60346.0

Now, I want to see completed costumes for 2007!!

Please....
  • Post homemade creative costumes here, not store bought costumes.   Everyone knows what Hot Topic's costumes look like, we want to see YOURS!  Smiley
  • Feel free to start a thread ALL about your costume and come to this thread to post a photo or two and a link to your detailed thread.  I'd like this thread to be one long photo scrapbook!  (you won't get deleted for "double posting")
  • Post photos and brief descriptions here.  If you don't have a photo...this isn't the thread for your project.  Wink
  • If your costume was inspired by another custome, please post a link & give credit to that person/costume.
  • Post costumes YOU made or are going to wear THIS year, not costumes your brother's sister's doggie, Fluffy wore in 1993.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
apriljane
They named the dog Indiana!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007 11:07:02 AM »

I guess I'll go first? Or, well, my first batch. This year's been productive!

Winter 2007:
Girly Jedi Knight - a fun to wear original design..

Northern Renaissance gown with Guards and Wulsthaube/steichen

Indiana Jones-ette - original design. Crazy, heavy hair.

Pink Plaid/ParaKiss - original design

Spring 2007:
Myoubi (butterfly version) - Alichino

Seth/Augusta Vradica - Trinity Blood (artbook)

Pirate Elizabeth Swann - Pirates of the Carribbean

Captain Jack Sparrow - Pirates of the Carribbean

Black Edwardian and Floral Edwardian gowns and hats - original designs

Summer 2007:
Boushh Leia, bounty hunter disguise - Return of the Jedi

Masquerade Gown (hairpiece, cape, and accessories not pictured) - Marie Antoinette

Victim Bride (remake) and Carl Stargher - The Cell

Queen of Hearts - original design

I'll be back later to post the newest stuff, including Halloween costumes!
(sorry for the long length! I got alot more done this year that I thought!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For Sale - wigs, clothes, costumes, shoes, jewelry:
Online Yard Sale!

My Wists

My Costuming Site (under construction)
Princess_Bubblie
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007 05:03:42 PM »

I am dressing up as Snow White this year, here are a couple pictures of my costume.

Here's the link to the thread for more details:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=201918.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

[ B u b b l i e ]
htking
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007 03:58:18 PM »

My roommates and I are all dressing up as Harry Potter characters. I'm pretty psyched to be Hermione! Smiley

Anyhoo, I will just be wearing a gray skirt & white buttondown, but in true craftster style, I bought us solid color ties from Walmart and used masking tape to make my own striped Hogwarts ties!

Happy Halloween guys!!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007 07:19:18 PM by htking » THIS ROCKS   Logged

hello there! check me out, more to come: http://ihopesew.etsy.com
Schnoogles
Shazberry Schnoogles

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007 07:19:16 PM »

This year's costume was inspired by the So You Think You Can Dance Top 20 Group Dance 2006, choreographed by Wade Robinson to Roisin Murphy's Rama Lama Band Bang.

There are TONS of photos of the completed costume at the following link, plus a link to the video of the inspiration:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=204397.0

Happy Hallowe'en!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dom: "This guy was a nightmare to work with, the Balrog. He had a huge trailer, never came out, never bought a round when we went to the bar, do you remember?"

Billy: "Very rude."
risenicarus

A real man, with the chest hair to prove it.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2007 07:12:23 AM »

Here is my satyr costume.  I made the legs from fabric I got from hancocks, I bought ninja boots for the hooves and my horns came from party city, scarf was also made by yours truly.  I am not going to have kids because they will only disappoint me after creating this costume.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Banga
I'm made out of Laffy Taffy.

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2007 08:42:43 AM »

Here's the family and I in costume last night for a party!

The one that required the most crafting was our friend as Pocahantas. Lots of feathers, beads, shells and hot glue on thrifted boots, top, and skirt, plus armbands, hair twists and feathers, a bow and arrow, and a tomohawk.
I'm Miss Rhode Island 1985, but all I had to make was the sash, because I just had to wear this dress once I found it. It's autographedby Vanna White! All it needed was a zipper repair and a bit of pressing. Lots of hairspray, blue shadow and hot pink lipstick here. The shoes are thrifted, and everything else was either borrowed or something I had. The gloves are from my prom 1996, aack!

My sister and her husband are MJ and Lisa Marie with little Blanket dressed up for trick or treating. My sister put all of this together from thrifted and borrowed stuff, then bought wigs and makeup. We had a lot of fun making my brother in law into a whitish black man (esp. since my sis actually has vitiligo, the disease that made MJ lighten his skin). Blanket was the most expensive part! Again, not a ton of crafting, but they always have such funny costumes I had post them, too. Last year he was Aunt Jemima. I'm trying to get them to go as Bowie and Iman next year.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007 08:49:23 AM by Banga » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Place an etsy order, enter CRAFTSTEROCKS & user name at checkout for free shipping!  Etsy! ~
Flickr ~Wist ~ Blog
mandajane
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2007 09:59:45 AM »

Ok so this year I decided to be a peacock. I also decided to make my costume for the first time. This is my first wearable craft ever & i should mention that my sewing machine is broken so i had to HAND SEW every bit lol. *And sadly, I will NOT get to wear it because I have to work halloween!!!* Sad

I found this monstrously ugly 80s dress at a secondhand shop that was the perfect color and form. The back was longer than the front, so it could easily be converted to a tail. I bought it for 3 dollars!

It was originally probably a size 8 or so, (i am a size 20) and had ugly puffy sleeves and disgusting doily-like trim. I had an old blue pillowcase and other fabrics and bias tape, and this is what i came up with:

It's not a very literal looking peacock, its more of an interpretation.
BEFORE:

AFTER:

the tailfeathers:

I'm going to wear these hairfalls with it, they match the purple trim i put on the dress:
(i made them last year, theyre just an addition to my costume..i hope this doesnt violate any rules by posting these, if it does, please feel free to remove this part.)

Comments much appreciated!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
narcissaqtpie

I can't control the soul flowin' in me

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2007 10:14:53 AM »

Here are costumes me & my daughter wore this weekend. Hers is made from a McCalls pattern and mine a simplicity pattern.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elizabeth128
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2007 11:19:52 AM »

I'm being the Black Dahlia this year. I learned how to make realistic-looking cuts for it and everything! Here's my costume:

And here's my makeup close up. My roommates are Kat Von D and Derek Smalls from Spinal Tap.

...And here's some pictures of the rest of Tap, just for good measure.

Here's a different night with better makeup. I had a bunch of people look at me and be like, "Ew...that's disgusting." Which is a good thing, right?

But back to my costume, I made the dress from this pattern: http://www.voguepatterns.com/item/V2858.htm?tab=vintage_vogue&page=2 (Thank you Miss Violaceous!) and just used crappy black spray for my hair, which I'm a little disappointed about the outcome. I spent so much damn time drawing all of Kat Von D's tattoos on that I didn't have a lot of time to get my hair to work! Oh well, maybe next time. Anyways, happy Halloween!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007 10:40:31 AM by Elizabeth128 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Download Custom Brushes - Adobe Photoshop
How to Download Scratch
How to use Scratch Basic Interface
How to Create a Pong Game Part 1/2- Scratch
How to Use Sprite Sheets
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...