A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,542
Currently Running With Scissors:
540 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sick of me yet? :D Animal sketches  (Read 3645 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

loveandasandwich
Chelsea Bloxsom

chikki chikki cha wikki wah wah

View Profile WWW
« on: October 22, 2007 10:03:15 PM »

There's an insane amount of amazing animal artists on this part of the forum.  -coughcoughacidtrix- -coughericavcough-
Here are my not-as-awesome-but-I'm-still-trying animal sketches.
These range from close to a year ago... to ... um.. couple weeks ago.

the scans are pretty filthy, sorry, but i hope you like 'em!

Cowbabe hahah

Two bear cubs with wayfarers. Grin

Me as a panda, the boyfriend as a grizzly.  This is still probably one of my favorite drawings ever.  It's on my wall at home.

Kittie practice.

National geographic funnn

I fuckin love kittens, can you tell?

Unfinished. Sad

more animal book practice.  still can't grasp drawing fur quite yet.

hip hop anonymous

I love you too, panda.

I love bears, too.

shitty shit shit shit. break sketch.  i don't really know what a mongoose looks like.

This is the last thing I've drawn in like... almost a month.  That wasn't idea doodles or something for class.  My time's being refocused into sewing for the time being. Smiley

« Last Edit: October 22, 2007 10:24:30 PM by loveandasandwich » THIS ROCKS   Logged

RondaS
Greetings and Merry Meet!

I am better, but still easily tired...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007 10:59:07 PM »

I think you are doing a great job on some of these - you can tell that you like bears and cats, as they are by far the best of this lot!  Grin

but the people protraits in the other thread are definitely your strong suit by far 

Ronda
THIS ROCKS   Logged

feel I've been sick forever - still tired and RUNNING LATE!!!

WARNING: MAGNETS, EVEN SMALL ONES, CAN INTERFERE WITH OR DAMAGE COMPUTERS AND ELECTRONICS LIKE CELL PHONES, AND ERASE DATA CODES ON CREDIT CARDS!

Give me a bag of tumbled stones and I will play for hours! Wink

Brightest Blessings!
loveandasandwich
Chelsea Bloxsom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007 11:30:42 PM »

I think you are doing a great job on some of these - you can tell that you like bears and cats, as they are by far the best of this lot!  Grin

but the people protraits in the other thread are definitely your strong suit by far 

Ronda

yeah, they definitely are, but i just love animals so much more than people, hahah, its so upsetting.  just gotta practice more!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

getmehaha

smile and be happy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007 11:42:04 PM »

wow these are so cool lol... do you draw live animal?
and i like the hip hop hippo lol..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vintageburlesque

If I stop sewing I will cease to live.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007 12:15:26 AM »

You are very good.  All I can draw - and just about at that - are human body parts (I study biology).  Your kitten looks so real I could reach out and touch it.  Excellent work and I'm very impressed with your talent - wish I could draw more but I guess that would mean applying myself which I can do  Grin.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When I make a mess something good always comes from it.
loveandasandwich
Chelsea Bloxsom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2007 01:09:20 AM »

getmehaha,  the only animal i've drawn live was my cat, & i've been drawing her since i was like... 12, hahah.  everything else is from my animal books/national geographics. Smiley

vintageburlesque,  it's definitely worth the hardwork!  i didn't stop drawing anytime i had freetime over the summer, & it paid off. Smiley  i just took out lots of books from the library, & replaced my tv & internet habits with drawing & painting habits instead.  much more productive, haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

puppybreath

everything we do, is just everything we've done

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2007 06:50:57 AM »

i like your sketches. and your sense of humor. keep it up, they look great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RondaS
Greetings and Merry Meet!

I am better, but still easily tired...

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2007 07:03:03 AM »

yeah, they definitely are, but i just love animals so much more than people, hahah, its so upsetting.  just gotta practice more!

I think that animals are definitely different than people, in both the structure of the body and the head, but if you do baby animals you will be able to draw on your portrait skills more and that may help you to develop and expand your skills

many baby animals have more of an anthropomorphic look to their faces than adult animals, it has been theorized that humans actually never leave the "baby" phase of development as far as physical traits of faces go, so we are perpetually stuck with "baby" faces

don't know if I explained that well at all or not - it is a genetics thing

Ronda
THIS ROCKS   Logged

feel I've been sick forever - still tired and RUNNING LATE!!!

WARNING: MAGNETS, EVEN SMALL ONES, CAN INTERFERE WITH OR DAMAGE COMPUTERS AND ELECTRONICS LIKE CELL PHONES, AND ERASE DATA CODES ON CREDIT CARDS!

Give me a bag of tumbled stones and I will play for hours! Wink

Brightest Blessings!
Silvana

Leaving the world more beautiful than I found it.

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2007 08:34:15 AM »

I think this little girl is perfect.  I have a hard time with children.

PS I love that your write little notes in your sketch books like I do. Arch in Helsinki is brilliant.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007 01:04:41 PM by batgirl - Reason: to remove img in quote » THIS ROCKS   Logged

invisable620
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2007 08:39:39 AM »

I absolutely LOVE your hippo!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elisehawaii
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2007 09:41:32 AM »

i love the eyes on the animals you do that very well.
i see emotion or kindness in them.
you art work is very good but the eye are what really pulled me in.
I'm going to say that you are multi talented.
keep it up
i love to see every ones work
aloha

THIS ROCKS   Logged
acidtrix
hell yeah

To the Bat Tank!

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2007 10:35:56 AM »

wow, you've got a lot of talent! i love the kittens and the giraffes. the last bird too... gorgeous. and you're crazy, you do fur very nicely! ^_^
i don't know what it is about unfinished scetches, but i love the look of them.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007 10:38:31 AM by acidtrix » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check me out at www.acidtrix.com
loveandasandwich
Chelsea Bloxsom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2007 10:49:46 AM »

Silvana, you should see my idea book hahaha.  filled! notes, doodles & nonsense.  It's hard to understand, unless you're me.

elisehawaii, i think the most important thing in drawing any person/animal is their eyes.  if you don't capture them right, it throws everything off.  It's basically my main focus in everything I draw, everything comes secondary to the eyes. Smiley

acidtrix, i could definitely do better though!  i wish to draw fur as beautifully as you.  I think that most of the time, I may lack the patience though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

heeheeitsme463
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2007 12:03:14 PM »

I love the giraffes! even though it is unfinished, it looks awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pigs are friends, not food.
poerava
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2007 12:05:06 PM »

Me too, the giraffes are my fave.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/Poerava
Please consider being a bone marrow/stem cell donor, you could help save a life. http://www.marrow.org/HELP/Join_the_Donor_Registry/index.html
I have vintage sewing pattern in various sizes available for trade. Also a vintage knitting booklet available. pm if intereste
SoonFamo-Artiste
Addict To Crafts.

I am crafty obsess.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2007 01:36:24 PM »

I like this and your human faces you did.  You done an amazing job.  Makes me want to carry my sketch book around again and get back in drawing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cigarettesandvalentines
Red ships of Spain!

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2007 04:07:34 PM »

i love "mongoose v. cobra"

great work
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Someone has to go back and get a shitload of dimes."

Personal Swaps? Love 'em! Drop me a PM

etsy! http://www.etsy.com/shop/historystuffed

http://hamiltonsstupidhat.blogspot.com/
loveandasandwich
Chelsea Bloxsom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2007 04:31:19 PM »

I like this and your human faces you did.  You done an amazing job.  Makes me want to carry my sketch book around again and get back in drawing.

do it. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

OnePinkHippo
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2007 07:07:05 PM »

The pandas are cute, but my favorite is the hippo.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jessimocha
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2007 07:37:36 PM »

i love your drawings of everything! i really think i'm actually going to learn from your example. the replacing internet habits with drawing and painting and other crafty efforts is what i've been trying to do lately. and craftster is both a blessing and a terribly addictive drug in that respect.

so you are amazing, is what i'm saying. i've been drawing since i could hold a pencil but i'm a bit more cartoony than realistic. time to practice, though!

mostly i'm writing because i'm going crazy trying to figure out what "hip hop anonymous" is from because i have certainly heard/said that before.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

we will arise from the bunkers,
by land, by sea, by dirigible
we'll leave our tracks untraceable now

[and] hear all the bombs fade away...
andy8715
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2007 07:59:59 PM »

Cowbabe for the win.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest.com/andy8715
loveandasandwich
Chelsea Bloxsom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2007 08:19:29 PM »

i love your drawings of everything! i really think i'm actually going to learn from your example. the replacing internet habits with drawing and painting and other crafty efforts is what i've been trying to do lately. and craftster is both a blessing and a terribly addictive drug in that respect.

so you are amazing, is what i'm saying. i've been drawing since i could hold a pencil but i'm a bit more cartoony than realistic. time to practice, though!

mostly i'm writing because i'm going crazy trying to figure out what "hip hop anonymous" is from because i have certainly heard/said that before.

Well, even so, making anything real good even cartoony, you have to have a good grasp on anatomy/proportions & such, so you can figure out how to twist it & cute it up so its cartoony but still looks good.

& its from big daddy!  hip... hip hop... hip hop anonymous... damn you gave him all the easy ones!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

windswept
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2007 10:03:18 PM »

Eef, who are you kidding? Those are INCREDIBLE. I especially love the cats and the panda bears--too cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ironik
Peace, Love and Freedom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2007 06:18:06 AM »

wow. these are just great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

k-roc
yarnophile

likes stuff

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2007 07:55:53 AM »

I especially love your hip-hop-opatumus. I'm a Rhyme-nocerous myself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I "Wist" you'd stalk me...
http://www.wists.com/ScarlettBegonia

If you're gonna dine with them cannibals, well sooner or later darling you're going to get eaten.
vintageburlesque

If I stop sewing I will cease to live.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2007 08:17:26 AM »

[quote author=loveandasandwich
vintageburlesque,  it's definitely worth the hardwork!  i didn't stop drawing anytime i had freetime over the summer, & it paid off. Smiley  i just took out lots of books from the library, & replaced my tv & internet habits with drawing & painting habits instead.  much more productive, haha
[/quote]

Funny you should say that because when my ex moved out in June he took the t.v. set with him because it was his and I didn't replace it (we have to pay for a t.v. licence in the UK and it just isn't worth it).  However - I still have computer and internet access but since the t.v. has gone I have done more sewing and other craft work than I did before.  I had no idea how much t.v. rotted my 'Crafting Lifestyle'  Cheesy.  Now I feel more happier and more crafting productive.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When I make a mess something good always comes from it.
toesocksrock

They want you to take the rolls!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2007 01:56:46 PM »

hip hop anonymous

Love the Big Daddy reference! Smiley You are an amazing artist. Wow wow wow. I love the kitties especially, though I've seen your other work, and you do great portraits.

xoxo
Maggi
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shes_cleva
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2007 03:55:58 PM »

your work is gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loveandasandwich
Chelsea Bloxsom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2007 04:31:27 PM »

[quote author=loveandasandwich

Funny you should say that because when my ex moved out in June he took the t.v. set with him because it was his and I didn't replace it (we have to pay for a t.v. licence in the UK and it just isn't worth it).  However - I still have computer and internet access but since the t.v. has gone I have done more sewing and other craft work than I did before.  I had no idea how much t.v. rotted my 'Crafting Lifestyle'  Cheesy.  Now I feel more happier and more crafting productive.
[/quote]

Tv makes your brain go musshhhhh.  I watched some movie on tv the other day, & found myself getting so mad at commercials.  I hadn't watched TV in so long I forgot what they were like hahah.

Everyone else, thanks so much!!! Cheesy Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MorgieMooka
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2007 07:49:12 AM »

These are all really nice sketches. You seem to like animals a lot. My favourites are the first kitten, the last picture of the bird and the portrait of the little girl. Gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spurtiic
Jennorific

I made BEST OF 2007 for my frozen bird nest pic!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2007 02:18:17 PM »

I'm in my first ever college drawing class and I'm 28!  Charcoal is what I'm learning now and I love it! Have you tried it?? I think it would be much easier to create fur using charcoal!  Anyway, I love your sketches. They're beautiful!  I esp love the last one of the birds.  Very awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life isn't complete 'til you crochet a uterus for a friend.  Just make sure your fallopian tubes point down and not up! No one needs to lose an eye this way! Wink

I love personal swaps for small stuff (including Hershey Kisses!)! PM me for happy fun rockin' good times!
polk_rock_funkin_it

punk rock edge with folk art sensibility. awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2007 09:12:56 PM »

wowwwee. I collect bird books, and i recognize that last picture of the little (flycatchers?) I think? and you need to finish it. That's looking awesome...like a photograph.
 If you like both animals and drawing, consider studying both art and biology and maybe look into illustrating field guides and textbooks and such. I know that's something I have considered.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

EMMA
wtpdesigns
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2007 06:06:07 AM »

& its from big daddy!  hip... hip hop... hip hop anonymous... damn you gave him all the easy ones!
lol i rarely ever get any movie references since i rarely see any "new" or newer movies... but i snorted when i read the caption for that pic, cuz i finally got one! ha... your drawings are fab... you should keep at it, when you become rich and famous they'll all be worth loads of money lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I've got drinks piling up on my desk and a stack of pills I haven't even opened yet!"
"We're not gonna hide who we are, ok? I mean, we date, we're straight, get used to it."
http://www.myspace.com/wtpdesigns
loveandasandwich
Chelsea Bloxsom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2007 07:51:39 AM »

spurtiic: ah man, I am the biggest slob on the planet.  Me & charcoal just don't get along.  I took a four hour drawing class last year & basically all we used was charcoal.  By the end of the class, every time, I had charcoal all over my pants, & somehow on my face, hahah.  I prefer nice clean pencils.  some softer pencils like 6B's & things are as close as I'll get to charcoal now haha.

polk_rock_funkin_it:  there's a lot of things I want to do before I die.  I could add that to my list. I have so many animals books, that would be a lot of fun to do.

wtpdesigns: hahaha, aww thanks!  my boyfriend's the rich & famous one.  I don't actually think anything I'd want to do when I'm out of college would involve actual drawing a lot.  I don't think I like it enough.  I love to sew & make things, clothes & plushies & whatnot, i think that's more where I'm geared towards.  I do want to write & illustrate my own childrens books, but that wouldn't be... someone telling me what to draw, that would be complete me freedom. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wtpdesigns
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2007 09:33:16 PM »

wtpdesigns: hahaha, aww thanks!  my boyfriend's the rich & famous one.  I don't actually think anything I'd want to do when I'm out of college would involve actual drawing a lot.  I don't think I like it enough.  I love to sew & make things, clothes & plushies & whatnot, i think that's more where I'm geared towards.  I do want to write & illustrate my own childrens books, but that wouldn't be... someone telling me what to draw, that would be complete me freedom. Smiley

i can sympathize actually... i'm best at making jewelry but my passion is sewing and everything related to sewing, i'm pretty good at that too... so i guess sometimes what you're the best at isn't exactly what you eventually want to do... just do me and the world a favor, you don't hafta make it your job, but never stop drawing, you have a gift! just draw for yourself and those you love... and good luck in whatever it is you want to do! the level of talent on this site never ceases to amaze me, lol crafty girls/boys rock lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I've got drinks piling up on my desk and a stack of pills I haven't even opened yet!"
"We're not gonna hide who we are, ok? I mean, we date, we're straight, get used to it."
http://www.myspace.com/wtpdesigns
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Symbolic Meanings of Chinese Knotting
Wood Carving with Eric Saperstein
Meet Basket Maker Mary May
How to Weave Baskets with Mary May
Meet Ceramic Artist John Cheer
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...