A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 298,747
Currently Running With Scissors:
470 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Stuffed piggie revisited - the tute  (Read 13823 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ewushka

Remember: Artistic is close to autistic.

View Profile WWW
« on: December 20, 2004 02:20:37 PM »

Remember my piggie?

Well here's that tute you've been naggin' me about Smiley
Feel free to interprete it as you wish. My sewing english isn't as good as it should be.

Use fleece or jersey for the body, nose, backside of ears and tail, and a woven cottonfabric for inside ears and belly.

1. Draw your pattern. The pattern should contain 1 body&head-part, 1 belly-part, 2 different nose-parts  1 tail-part and finally 1 ear-part.
My body-part measures 11" width, and 5" hight, and the belly-part 8" width and 1" hight. Try to figure the rest out as you go. If you need to ask about anything Please, feel free! You're welcome.

2. Pin your needle to fabric and mark where to cut. " outside pattern should do it.

3. Cut out. When cutting out, You should now have 2 bodyparts (fleece), 1, bellypart (cotton), 4 ear-parts (2 fleece and 2 cotton), 2 different nose-parts (fleece), and 1 tail-part (fleece)

4. The triangular part is going to be your tail. Fold it and sew with a close zig-zag (as close as you can) and while you're sewing, draw it slightely to make it a happy tail. It will curl up by itself.

5. Put the tail (with pointy part pointing inwards) and pin it between the 2 bodyparts. Sew the bodypart from marking to marking leaving 2" open for stuffing.

6. Sew bodypart and bellypart together.

7. Turn everything inside out and stuff as hard as you can (or want) with stuffing of your liking. I used a syntethic polyester, but wool shoud be equally good. You can actually shape your pig with the filling. If you want more cheeks or whatever, just put a little mor stuffing where you want it.
Sew the hole by hand and you'll see how it disappears in front of your very eyes Smiley

8. Sew the rectangular nose-part onto the circular nosepart as a "wall" and then close at the end.

9. Sew the ears and turn them inside out. Make a crease in the middle, fold in the margins (That HAS to be the incorrect word but I hope you know what I mean) and sew them onto the head where you see fit.

10.Now comes the more artistic part. With black cotton broidery-thread, make your face.
Don't forget to make nostrils on the nose.

11. Sew on the nose (I use a furniture-needle)

TADA!

You can alter this pattern forever. It will make a beuatiful cow, or dog, or bear, or cat, or whatever your sick imagination can think of Smiley Simply alter the ears, nose and tail.

Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others." (Groucho Marx)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jespersson
Crafty_Girl25
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2004 11:12:52 AM »

Thank you so much for the tute! I can't beleive no one replied to this one yet! I'll be the first! I love that piggy - you should make friends for the piggy!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
heroinechic
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2004 11:36:56 AM »

you know, the basic shape would make an adorable squishy turtle.  just put less stuffing in the tummy to make it flatter.  obviously the snout would not be needed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ewushka

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2004 03:48:22 PM »

As I said. You can alter this pattern infinitely.
I'll probably make more animals when christmas is over, but right now, the pig is the one and only Smiley

These animals make great christmaspresents by the way Wink

Merry Christmas everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others." (Groucho Marx)

CrazyFool
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2005 01:59:51 PM »

Im going to go try my hand at your adorable little piggy. Ill be giving it as a gift to my best friend in the whole wide world, who is expecting a baby girl any day now. I bought some fuzzy pink fabric to make her a blankie out of and of course I always buy waaaay to much, And remembered your piggie, I thought it would be nice to send down with her blankie. And a way to use up the extra fabric that I dont think ill be using for anything else. Thank you for this awesome idea. Crafty Girls Amaze Me! Ill post the pictures to show you how it came out if you'd like  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Well...Damn The Man!!!
ewushka

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2005 02:56:40 PM »

I'm looking forward to see them.

Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fluffysam
i love whales.

sewing, sewing, sewing some more

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2005 08:27:33 AM »

Yay! I can't wait to make one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

- Sam

Fluffyland - A shop filled with handmade cuteness! Whales, Narwhals, Wrist Wallets, and more!
http://www.fluffyland.com

Fluffyland Craft & Sewing Blog
Photos & Tutorials & Haiku!
http://www.fluffyland.com/blog
losabia
Asian Cajun crafter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2006 08:35:44 PM »

I just found this one (late to the party), but I want to make him from your pattern. You're so nice to post this tute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: I knew that!
jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! jat42171@yahoo.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2006 09:02:57 PM »

yes I was  one  nagging for the tut  glad I  finally  found it  I will post when I  can make one.
and thank you very  much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
katie74
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2006 03:35:13 AM »

So cute. Thanks for the tutorial - definitely on my list to try!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...