A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 308,219
Currently Running With Scissors:
397 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Okay, so I'm down to 3...  (Read 877 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cfbandit

Rock on with your bad self, Penny!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: October 22, 2007 11:37:48 AM »

So I'm doing well this year. I had 5, but after searching the "brain blockage" board here, I'm down to 3. Can you guys help me out a bit here?

Dad - owns his own tanning salon and works for the TSA. And that's all he does now, so I'm kind of stuck. I'm thinking some kind of organizer or case for files, maybe?

BFF - she works in a yarn store and loves to knit (in fact, she taught me). she's also hugely into pop punk and emo music.

Sister-in-law - is a nanny, 3 years younger than I am, loves 24 and Kiefer Sutherland, and...that's all I know about her.

(The two I eliminated are the brother - who's totally getting beer cozies ha ha - he'll love that and the grandpa - who I've got to look into more but is getting some kind of gardening gift.)

Thanks for any ideas, guys!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog: http://craftingyoohooville.blogspot.com
My Wist: http://www.wists.com/cfbandit

Ravelry: cfbandit

Member of the Al-ette Fan Club
ninjanator
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007 05:28:19 PM »

wow the dad is a toughie...hmmm, food? does he like homemade fudge, or brownies?

BFF - find a book of punk knits? with good yarn for one of the knits? Nice jewellery would be good too Smiley like shrinky dink pendants of her favorite bands, etc.

Sister-in-law - screen print a t-shirt for her? with the words "Damn it Chloe!" or something to do with 24...maybe k.Sutherland's face or something Tongue um as well, you can give her a relaxation kit for when she's not dealing with kids Smiley as they can be very very tiring sometimes (and i only have one kid brother)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

when I'm wearing my crafty pants: etsy
...when I'm a pack rat: blog
...and when I feel like sharing: tutorials
cinnamon teal
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007 02:04:45 PM »

hmmm... not sure for Dad and SIL, but for your BFF, you could make her some stitch markers and sew a knitting bag for her
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BoxOfRocks
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007 07:15:00 PM »

Your Dad--A back cushion that he can use at work?  Does he man the front desk at the tanning salon?  At the TSA job, is it at an office or in an airport?  If he sits at a desk or on one of those chairs at the security checkpoint, a cushion could ease the strain.

BFF--Hmm, I suggest going away from knitting for this one, since it's her job.  She could make any knit project herself or get supplies from her inventory.  How about coasters with pics of her favorite bands, their logos, etc. on them?  I just read yesterday about someone who got a bunch of low-priced bathroom tiles, covered them with photos, then coated them with waterproof sealant.  If you do a search here, I'm sure you'll find it.

Sister-in-law - screen print a t-shirt for her? with the words "Damn it Chloe!" or something to do with 24...maybe k.Sutherland's face or something  um as well, you can give her a relaxation kit for when she's not dealing with kids

Those are good ideas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cfbandit

Rock on with your bad self, Penny!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007 03:00:21 PM »

Your Dad--A back cushion that he can use at work?  Does he man the front desk at the tanning salon?  At the TSA job, is it at an office or in an airport?  If he sits at a desk or on one of those chairs at the security checkpoint, a cushion could ease the strain.

BFF--Hmm, I suggest going away from knitting for this one, since it's her job.  She could make any knit project herself or get supplies from her inventory.  How about coasters with pics of her favorite bands, their logos, etc. on them?  I just read yesterday about someone who got a bunch of low-priced bathroom tiles, covered them with photos, then coated them with waterproof sealant.  If you do a search here, I'm sure you'll find it.

Sister-in-law - screen print a t-shirt for her? with the words "Damn it Chloe!" or something to do with 24...maybe k.Sutherland's face or something  um as well, you can give her a relaxation kit for when she's not dealing with kids

Those are good ideas.

That's a good idea for my BFF - I'll have to check out that idea since we have a nice builders salvage place around my house.

The T-shirt idea is a good one. After I mentioned it as an idea, my DH said that I'd have to make two - one for his sister and one for his best friend who also LOVES 24.

I'm going to have to check into a cushion idea. I know he just got moved into supervising, so he may be doing desk work now.

Thanks guys!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog: http://craftingyoohooville.blogspot.com
My Wist: http://www.wists.com/cfbandit

Ravelry: cfbandit

Member of the Al-ette Fan Club
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Lemon Cornmeal Waffles
Whooops!
@Home This Weekend: Curtains!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...