OK. This is my tutorial to creating zombie make-up and wounds.
I hope it's helpful to anyone who is being a zombie for Halloween.
-Grease paint: blue, red, white, green, yellow, brown.
-Little bits of toilet paper
What I used:
STAGE ONE ZOMBIE: This is a zombie who has just been turned and the body is beginning to die.
1. pale yellow and white all over the face.
2. red and a little brown around the eyes and underneath cheek bones.
STAGE TWO ZOMBIE: This zombie has eaten a few brains.
1. even paler. more greens and yellows all over the face.
2. add some blues and darken the reds around the eyes. we're going for a bruised look.
STAGE THREE ZOMBIE: Decaying and probably pretty bloody.
1. whitish skin, probably a few veins showing through.
2. even more bruising and purple-y reds in sunken areas.
3. would probably have blood all over the face.
1. make the skin look irritated first. a little bit of red smudged should do fine.
2. put some liquid latex down with a q-tip. make it look like some of the skin is coming up. roll up some toilet paper and make ridges where you want the wound to be. fill it in with toilet paper and liquid latex.
3. cover with browns, dark dark reds, and light reds.
4. add more color. I added a little black.
5. add fake blood.
and some more.
this is the look we're going for... as if you just put your arm up to block, and got bit. you poor unfortunate soul.
Hope this was helpful!