A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,513
Currently Running With Scissors:
536 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Private Secret Santa Swap  (Read 3290 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

xmelinda
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2004 07:02:22 AM »

Hey, are those the lovely/creepy flowers from the embroidery craftalong un-swap??  That would be pretty funny, since my project for that craftalong was also for this swap  Cheesy

Okay, now, I really hate to post without pictures, but my husband left the camera over at the new house that we're still not moved into yet, and now we have a big ice storm so I don't know when I'll get over there to get it.  I will post pics eventually, but I don't want to not post about the awesome package I got yesterday from kendaljay.

I will admit I got kind of excited when I saw the return address said Irving, TX.  Oh boy, I know who this is from! thought I  Grin  And I have to say that pretty much everything in the box is something that I've been thinking "gee, I wish I had that, I should get around to making it someday..."

There is a lovely green-patterned polarfleece throw blanket -- the kind that is doubled up and tied at the edges.  I am always cold, and I keep stealing the polarfleece throw from my mom's house, and then she says, "have you seen my blanket" and I think "drat!" and have to take it back.  I love how this one is double-layered, it's SO SOFT.

Also, a polarfleece scarf which I thought was dark charcoal grey but which looks more like dark grey-blue when I got outside.  I put it on this morning to attempt to go to work, but my car is iced over and I can't get any of the doors open!  It's got little embroidery at the end in one of my all-time favorite color combinations, teal and lime green, so pretty on the dark color of the fleece.  Oh, and I have lime-green gloves, which I haven't been wearing because they didn't go with anything!

There is a cute tin that is spherical and looks like a Christmas ornament (pink, ooh la la!) and inside... Barbie shoe earrings, awesome!  TWO pairs of guitar-pick earrings, which if I remember correctly I shamelessly hint-hinted about in my questionnaire, one is hot pink (YEAH!) with I just noticed little turtles on them (I love turtles) and the other is more dangly and transparent yellow -- so cool!  And more earrings, made of *washers*, like from the hardware store.

Also inside are many magnets made of different interesting buttons!  Now, just the other day, I was sorting through some old magazines, and I started to tear out a page where they'd made magnets out of buttons, thinking it was a cute idea, and then I thought, "Oh, I'll never get around to making that"  Wink

Everything is fabulous -- thank you SO much, and I will post pics later when I can.

Melinda
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I live in that place between conception and execution" -- IQJones
hijole
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2004 08:39:02 AM »

Hey, are those the lovely/creepy flowers from the embroidery craftalong un-swap??  That would be pretty funny, since my project for that craftalong was also for this swap  Cheesy

Yeah, that's exactly what it is.  Roll Eyes   I was running short of time and figured I could meet two obligations at once this way. 

I took some pics of the finished projects before I sent them to dixie_terror, and I'll ask her if I can post them later if she doesn't have pics to post.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xmelinda
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2004 09:11:17 AM »

That's excellent, I love those flowers!  (and I don't think they're creepy, I think they're kinda "gypsy"!)

So, I made it to work today after pouring warm water on my car doors (yeesh) and I have found another use for my lovely scarf from kendaljay -- I forgot my sweater at home and I'm wearing short sleeves, so I'm wearing the scarf like a wrap/stole.  I fastened it in the front with a binder clip  Cheesy

Also, I took out my throw blanket again, and it's not green at all, but gorgeous shades of turquoisey-aqua.  Y'ever see those TV commercials where they say "it's not your..." and they're trying to tell you the lighting in your house is just bad?  Yeah, it's like that...  And I would SO rather be at home snuggled in my cozy blanket on this cold ice-storm day than here at work! 

Melinda
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dixie_terror
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2004 11:48:57 AM »

Toni---please post pics, i am COMPLETELY camera-less at the moment,not even a 35mm... Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

a few of my recent banners...<br />http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4287051709
hijole

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2004 02:15:36 PM »

Here's what 706Designs sent me.

There are handmade soaps, a beaded paintbrush, a mini scrapbook, earrings and magnets made of holiday erasers, and the world's most amazing bracelet.  I've worn the bracelet every day since it arrived!  Here's a closeup of the bracelet:

There were also some chocolate-covered espresso beans, but those disappeared before I could take the picture.

Thank you so much!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

hijole

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2004 02:26:13 PM »

Here's some of the stuff from dixie_terror's package.

The mermaid doll:

Part of the "survive Christmas with the relatives" kit:

And the baby zebra bag (with the original from the purse craftalong):
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xmelinda
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2004 07:06:51 AM »

OMG that bracelet is amazing  Shocked  Is that beads attached to chain or how is it made?

Melinda
THIS ROCKS   Logged

706Designs
"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong" -Joseph Chilton Pearce

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2004 09:13:01 PM »

OMG that bracelet is amazing  Shocked  Is that beads attached to chain or how is it made?

Melinda

The base is made by weaving seed beads together using the square stitch technique....after I make the base, I embellish it like crazy.  I have several bracelets like this on display/for sale at the gallery my work is at.  The bracelets are so much fun to make!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xmelinda
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2004 07:08:01 AM »

Wow, my hat's off to you!  I think that is beyond my beading skills...I don't know how to do any of those needle and thread techniques...maybe I'll learn someday...

Melinda
THIS ROCKS   Logged

706Designs
"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong" -Joseph Chilton Pearce

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2004 04:35:28 PM »

Melinda-  The needle and thread techniques are a lot easier than they look!  I urge you to give it a shot.  If you can knit, I'm sure you can learn how to do this (she says, as she naws on her fingernails, getting ready to knit for the first time in the craftalong).

Heres a pic of the fab scarf IQ sent me. 

I'll take pics of my stockings later, as they are still hanging up (sadly, my cat already took down my Christmas tree on Christmas day)

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Nancy Ohlin: What Are You Reading?
History in Five: Matthew Hart on the Evolution of Gold
Iscariot by Tosca Lee Trailer
Curl Up By The Fire With These Wonderful Holiday Books
Kirk Johnson: What Are You Reading?
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...