A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,381
Currently Running With Scissors:
621 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Private Secret Santa Swap  (Read 3153 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bkrenning4

"Dance like no one is watching..."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2004 06:51:38 PM »

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone! 

What a great bunch of swappers we are!  I want to thank dixie_terror for organizing this swap and for being my secret santa!  I got the best stuff!

A beautiful mermaid scarf that I wore all day Christmas eve!

A gorgeous embroidered pillow that reads "DO NOT DISTURB...MOMMY AT REST!"

And there is more!  Bath salts, bookmarks, eye mask!

THANK YOU! [/color]

THANK YOU! THANK YOU!  THANK YOU SO MUCH!
[/color]
« Last Edit: December 28, 2004 11:08:19 PM by bkrenning4 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
iqjones
Who's house? Run's house!

Trying to keep it gold...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2004 11:00:18 PM »

Finally remembered to actually POST picture-- for some reason, my computer completely refuses to post on its own...
 Here's a picture of the Pink Poodle Apron, Red & White Swirl fleece blanket (opposite side is white fleece), & the cushy cream fleece scarf with blue embroidery:

I took this before Christmas, which is good because my cousin Matt made off with the scarf-- he's a lot faster than I am Undecided He's bringing it to Italy with him. Big month for my stuff, my camera is in NYC, my scarf is going to Italy & London...
Thank you AlleyCat.RM!!!
ps, how did you make the scarf so plush? I'm hoping to make one for myself;)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All the goo we use, reviewed!
http://brainybeautys.blogspot.com
xmelinda
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2004 06:38:23 AM »

Ooh, that green scarf is LURVELY!!

I think alleycat.rm and kendaljay must have sat down one night and had a blanket-tying session, since that peppermint-looking blanket is just like the turquoisey one kendaljay sent me!  You'd think they were sisters or something  Wink  Oh, and I so enjoyed being toasty warm under my soft blanket last night while I vegged on the couch...

Since I'm STILL in the process of moving, I don't even know where our camera is [Oh, and when I asked hubby "where's the camera" he said, "You mean *my* camera?"  Sheesh!  Men!] but I'm going to at least try and lay the jewelry and magnets on the scanner at work tomorrow.  I feel bad when someone puts effort into making me such totally cool stuff and then I don't show it off for them.  Oh, the Barbie shoe earrings were all the rage with my co-workers yesterday  Grin

Melinda
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I live in that place between conception and execution" -- IQJones
kendaljay

Funny, she looks smaller from outside her head.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2004 06:41:05 PM »

okay........i'm finally posting!!  yep xmelinda, your blankie is the same. we did do them seperately though, i had a terrible time seeing as i'm left-handed and my scissors were dull and i was really slow....anyway enough pouting Cry  on to pressies!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

let me set the scene for you first:  it's christmas eve, i'm hanging out at my mom's apartment.  my dad calls me and says i got a package just delivered!  of course i say"bring it! bring it!" Grin  so he does, and it is hugemongous!  i'm getting all excited again just thinking about it! Cheesy  so i start to open it and let me tell you.......it was incredible.  can i be totally honest here?  of course i can, this is the super swappers!  okay here goes:
I
LOVED
IT!
[/font][/size][/color]

this was such an amazing and well-thought out gifty, seriously it was probably the best packie i've gotten in a swap!  now i know you all are dying to know who had me.......nah i wont tell you!  just kidding.  Wink  BkRenning4 aka Kristine sent my awesome package.  there were 10 (please tell me that's right, i cant remember) gifts total, and she took my answers to the questions and based each gifty on that.  now let me see if i can remember them all (not in any order):

*first was a very cool set of christmas cd's in a leopard case, which i loved!  it's so funny, cause i was thinking about buying the brian setzer cd like two weeks before.
*then i got two fleecey boa scarves, one cheetah (?) print and one leopard. so soft, i love that kind!

*then some cute dish towels

*and this cutey patootie snowman ivy bowl w/ a kitchy glittery blue collar Cheesy

*and this great ornament......did you seriously make that yourself? i am in awe  Shocked

*and two bracelets made of pink and blue "natural type" stones, they feel so good against my wrist! nice and cold and heavy. yeah i'm a freak

*several different pairs of earrings, but these were my favorites (and the others are at my moms still) Tongue

*then this incredible, truly incredible last gift: a scrapbook started JUST for me about Greece (because i said i always wanted to go there)  oh i loved this so so sooooooo much, you have no idea!  and these pics aren't that great, but you can see some of bkrenning's handywork.

and then, as if that weren't enough, she sent my sis alleycat something too!  let me tell you she was excited about that!  Cheesy  she made her a hanging mobile out of invisible wire and lots of georgemous sparkly shiny beeds......it'll go perfect in our craft room when we move.

okay i really hope i didn't forget anything (i'm sure i did though) but i'll post back later if i remember.  i just wanted to show off this super super super swapper gift from the most amazing swapper ever, bkrenning!  seriousley, thank you so much kristine!  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When you say words a lot they don't mean anything. Or maybe they don't mean anything anyway, and we just think they do.---Delirium

www.makeitcute.etsy .com
xmelinda
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2005 08:31:56 AM »

bkrenning always has such awe-inspiring mad skillz of paper crafting!!

Melinda
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I live in that place between conception and execution" -- IQJones
kendaljay

Funny, she looks smaller from outside her head.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2005 03:07:47 PM »

bkrenning always has such awe-inspiring mad skillz of paper crafting!!

i know!! makes me sick!  Wink  (just kidding)  does give me something to aspire to though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When you say words a lot they don't mean anything. Or maybe they don't mean anything anyway, and we just think they do.---Delirium

www.makeitcute.etsy .com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adjustment Brush in Lightroom
Exposure Blending Panoramic Photography
Do megapixels really matter on digital cameras?
How to Photograph Running Water
How to Photograph Landscapes
Latest Blog Articles
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...