A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,892
Currently Running With Scissors:
548 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pimples, zits, whiteheads, pus pockets...  (Read 12191 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lunacouer
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2005 03:12:12 PM »

Ok, I tried the Elmer's glue thing last night.  My Elmer's was too runny (and kinda stinky, can Elmer's go bad?), so I washed that off and tried Aleene's Original Tacky Glue.  All I can say is.....OWWWWW!  I managed to pull out every single facial hair that came in contact with the glue.  Then, there were all these 'holes' in the 'strip', were it looked like it didn't adhere to the blackheads, like they were too oily to stick too?  So, pulled out facial hair, didn't touch the blackheads.  Sigh, disappointing, and really painful.  So, I did a clay mask after that, to make sure that no glue was stuck down in my pores....can you imagine?

So, if you are really into pain, try Aleene's Tacky Glue.  Guaranteed to bring tears to your eyes.

Kristina
Who will be sticking to Pond's Pore Clearing Strips in the future.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Creative minds have always been known to survive any kind of bad training."
-Anna Freud
sacrdplce

Roadrunner ... the coyote's after you ...

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2005 05:55:40 PM »

Oh nooooo! That wasn't supposed to happen. I wouldn't have suggested something that I thought would cause someone else pain. I'm so sorry lunacouer. Embarrassed

I didn't have any pain when I did mine. I did it on my nose. Maybe the skin is tougher there?

Well, I'll go back to minding my own beauty business from now on.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

While we have the gift of life, it seems to me that the only tragedy is to allow part of us to die - whether it is our spirit, our creativity, or our glorious uniqueness.           Gilda Radner
stickysweetfun

only slightly faster than a one-legged armadillo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2005 06:25:40 PM »

You are not the only one. I am like, the cleanest person ever, and I like to pop zits. I think its cause you are getting something gross out of your body, or its like popping bubble wrap or something. I can't explain it. It is a girl thing, I know that, because my friends and I are always talking about it. Plus, every time any of our boyfriends get zits, we have to FIGHT to hold them down and pop their zits.

This totally made me laugh out loud.  I'm not the only one!  Grin  My BF succumbs willingly, however - his are because of nasty ingrown hairs. 

Lordy, it's a zit pickers dream.

I think this is the best hygiene-related phrase I've ever heard.   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blueskies
« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2005 06:48:40 PM »

Ok, I tried the Elmer's glue thing last night.  My Elmer's was too runny (and kinda stinky, can Elmer's go bad?), so I washed that off and tried Aleene's Original Tacky Glue.  All I can say is.....OWWWWW!  I managed to pull out every single facial hair that came in contact with the glue.  Then, there were all these 'holes' in the 'strip', were it looked like it didn't adhere to the blackheads, like they were too oily to stick too?  So, pulled out facial hair, didn't touch the blackheads.  Sigh, disappointing, and really painful.  So, I did a clay mask after that, to make sure that no glue was stuck down in my pores....can you imagine?

So, if you are really into pain, try Aleene's Tacky Glue.  Guaranteed to bring tears to your eyes.

Kristina
Who will be sticking to Pond's Pore Clearing Strips in the future.

Um...cheaper alternative to waxing?  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Fuck off with your sofa units and serine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may." -Tyler Durden(Fight Club)
blondie_2011_69
« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2005 02:33:57 PM »

OKAY I KNOW U HAVE PROBOBLY HEARD THIS BEFORE BUT SEE IM 12 AND I HAD NASTY ASS ZITS BUT I SWEAR ON PROACTIV THAT STUFF WORKS SO WELL......AND THE AWESOME THING IS MY MOM ONLY HAD TO PAY SHIPPING AND HANDLING.....THEY GAVE US IT FOR FREE TO SEE IF IT WORKS AND IT DOES.....I GOT IT ABOUT 2 WEEKS AGO AND IT WORKS LIKE A CHARM!!!!  HOPEFULLY THAT HELPED Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mayerlove
« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2005 06:53:05 PM »

i agree about proactive. i use it at night w/ cetaphil in the morning.

PROACTIVE ACTUALLY WORKS!!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
faux

My mama's a lama...

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2005 03:37:50 PM »

Can you use straight tea tree oil?  Just wondering if it needs to be mixed with something since some essential oils can be super harsh or harmfull if you put them straight on.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craft_t_chic
« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2005 07:26:04 PM »

I suppose it depends on your skin, bjut I always use straight tea tree oil. However, lately, I have been using moisturizer in the day because I think the tea tree is drying me out a bit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want your promo stickers...your fave local band, your etsy shop, your zine, a sticker you picked off a bar wall, or even bumper stickers! I'm covering a table & need stickers! PM me!

http://www.wists.com/craft_t_chic

Free gift with every purchase!
www.crafttchic.etsy .com
drawkcabssecnirp
« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2005 02:00:27 PM »

so I don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet.. I started to read, but now I want to post before I go out the door..

So do any of you know about vitamins/pills to take for better skin? Wholefoods just opened where I live (it's my new love) and it has so many vitamins/treatments/etc. and I didn't know if taking vitamins or pills would actually be a healthy thing to do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
batgirl
Global Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2005 02:29:46 PM »

I dab a bit of clay masque (Queen Helene Mint Julep is the most hardcore/cheap one I use but any CLAY mask seems to work. Look for clay or kaolin at the top of the ingredients) on the zit and leave it overnight. (like the toothpaste method) Usually dries them up in a day or so, maybe more for particularly icky ones. For prevention I'm a big fan of Philosophy "On a Clear Day" cream, it's very gentle! Also their "invisible makeup" seems to help control oil and add a protective layer to keep skin clear and oil free without drying.
Just my 2 cents (still fighting the occasional zit at 38...meh! Hoping the oil is preventing any incipient wrinklage!) Now if anyone has the puffy eye miracle I'd love to hear it! But I guess that's another thread, eh?
Puffily and zit-casionally yours,
Batgirl
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Story through a Portrait
How to Create an Abstract Background
How to Create Formal Symmetry
How to Tell a Story Through a Photograph
How to Use a Slow Shutter Speed to Create Leading Light
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...