A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,681
Currently Running With Scissors:
448 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pimples, zits, whiteheads, pus pockets...  (Read 12799 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craft_t_chic
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2005 09:56:42 AM »

I tried that generic form of Proactive too...it didn't work for me either....I think it just dried out my skin whichmade it worse. I quit before i could see if anything good would come of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want your promo stickers...your fave local band, your etsy shop, your zine, a sticker you picked off a bar wall, or even bumper stickers! I'm covering a table & need stickers! PM me!

http://www.wists.com/craft_t_chic

Free gift with every purchase!
www.crafttchic.etsy .com
Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2005 10:00:57 AM »

Just toothpaste for me - and grin and bear it!
I get spots at 31, that's just mean surely?! Ph x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sacrdplce

Roadrunner ... the coyote's after you ...

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2005 07:55:42 AM »

I get spots at 31, that's just mean surely?! Ph x

I get pimples still at 35. Pimples and wrinkles should not be allowed to coexist. That's just wrong!

And my aunt still gets pimples at 51--not as many as she would without her Proactiv, of course. Bad skin must run in my family and I happend to inherit it.

Ok, here's a weird confession. I read on the Internet that you can put non-toxic liquid glue on your blackheads, let it dry, and pull it off like a Biore pore strip. I actually tried it and it works. Smelled kind of gluey though since it was on my nose. (I did this after my husband went to bed, or I would probably hear about it for years.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

While we have the gift of life, it seems to me that the only tragedy is to allow part of us to die - whether it is our spirit, our creativity, or our glorious uniqueness.           Gilda Radner
craft_t_chic
« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2005 10:05:13 AM »

glue, like elmer's? weird...yet it makes sense!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want your promo stickers...your fave local band, your etsy shop, your zine, a sticker you picked off a bar wall, or even bumper stickers! I'm covering a table & need stickers! PM me!

www.crafttchic.etsy .com
sacrdplce

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2005 10:21:59 AM »

It was either Elmer's or Aleene's Original Tacky Glue. Those are the only two I had on hand. Both are non-toxic. It peeled off in one satisfying strip too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

While we have the gift of life, it seems to me that the only tragedy is to allow part of us to die - whether it is our spirit, our creativity, or our glorious uniqueness.           Gilda Radner
craft_t_chic
« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2005 11:10:35 AM »

That really is kinda satisfying when things peel off on one try!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.crafttchic.etsy .com
blueskies
« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2005 08:25:10 PM »

There was actually a thread on here about using some elmers glue as homemade pore strips, but it didn't work for me. I felt really silly smearing glue on my nose, and although peeling it off was satisfying as sunburns are fun to peel, nothing came out on it. *Shrug* Maybe my blackheads are just stubborn and refuse to come out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Fuck off with your sofa units and serine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may." -Tyler Durden(Fight Club)
jettetheimpala
« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2005 06:26:40 AM »

There was actually a thread on here about using some elmers glue as homemade pore strips, but it didn't work for me. I felt really silly smearing glue on my nose, and although peeling it off was satisfying as sunburns are fun to peel, nothing came out on it. *Shrug* Maybe my blackheads are just stubborn and refuse to come out.

Were your blackheads doing that delightful thing where they stick out a little, so it's almost like your nose is 'fuzzy'? I have a sneaking suspicion the sticky-outy ones are the type those pore strips are meant to take out.

But I'm totally trying the PVA glue thing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the little fish have fun in the sea... http://www.quicklittlesplinter.com
sacrdplce

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2005 08:24:39 AM »

That really is kinda satisfying when things peel off on one try!
I agree!

Were your blackheads doing that delightful thing where they stick out a little, so it's almost like your nose is 'fuzzy'?

Yep, the clogged pore forrest, I know it well--unfortunately. My boyfriend (now husband) complimented me once on my "freckles". I almost died... An upside to having this oily skin is my mom who is 57 looks like she's in her late 40s.

Down to business ... I do recommend steaming first to open up your pores. I think that helps prime those suckers for removal. Remember to wait for the glue to dry completely before removing. Then, lift an edge and pull slowly. Voila!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rumrasin033003
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2005 02:55:53 PM »

a tiny dab of toothpaste (not the gel kind) left on overnight should help to dry it out, just remember to wash it off in the morning...

I was just about to say toothpaste. This one seems to work for me, but I feel bad for my husband, when he has to sleep next to a wife with  a big dab toothpaste on her nose.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Callie Khouri: Oscar-Winning Writer & Creator of "Nashville"
Callie Khouri: Being a Female Director
Callie Khouri: A Director She Could Trust
Callie Khouri: Female Characters Vs. Role Models
Callie Khouri: Finding Her Bearings
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...