A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,551
Currently Running With Scissors:
355 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My sons Anakin #3 costume  (Read 1327 times)
Tags for this thread: star_wars  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Maimee
« on: October 19, 2007 07:43:05 AM »

My son said he really wanted to be Anakin from Star Wars #3. He brought me all his toys and had his dad show me pictures for reference. We saw a costume at Target for $60 and I just couldn't pay that. So here's what I came up with for him. It cost me a little less than $10 and took 4 hours from start to finish -- that included sketching a pattern and cutting everything out. My son is THRILLED. A glove and outer belt are in the works but not sure exactly how to do the belt at the moment.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Amy*Maimee

Archibald Five Blog
http://www.archibaldfive.com
hoboe

I'm cute and fluffy!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007 07:51:57 AM »

That looks better than most pre-made costumes I've seen.  You did a beautiful job.  Did you make the shoes too?  Are the shoe covers, or a full shoe?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alli_Lucy
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007 08:03:55 AM »

That is awesome!  So much better than a pre-made costume.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My craft blog: One Pearl Button

She blinded me with wisting
amc-

Sometimes, I colour outside the lines on purpose.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2007 05:24:03 PM »

That looks amazing. You have one very lucky son. My brothers being Darth Vader this year. I tried to get him to be Anakin because I could actually make that costume but he wanted to be Darth Vader. So he'll be wearing a $30 costume from Walmart.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm so crafty I make people. Lily-Ann was born February 23, 2012.
Baby #2 is due November 27, 2013.
Maimee
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2007 05:35:54 PM »

THANKS FOR GREAT FEEDBACK EVERYONE!!! He is SOOOO excited to wear it to school for his fall festival next week!! His buddy from next door was over when he was trying it on and he was just shocked that I made it and kept saying how awesome it was. Made my son feel very cool. He keeps telling people "she made it one 1 day" -- proof that it takes me way to long to finish projects for my boys I guess. LOL!!

That looks better than most pre-made costumes I've seen.  You did a beautiful job.  Did you make the shoes too?  Are the shoe covers, or a full shoe?

The "boots" are just covers. We have some other random costumes I purchased 90% off from previous Halloweens in our "imaginative play" box. (We have 3 boys who dont play dress-up cuz "dress-up" is for girls... so they have imaginative playtime. LOL). So I just used the idea of how those were made and sewed him some. They turned out better than I thought they would. :0)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Amy*Maimee

Archibald Five Blog
andreacs
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2007 08:09:44 AM »

Hey, my son is going to be "evil Anakin" (as he calls him) too!  Your costume looks great.  I've got to finish his pants then he'll be all set.  I was just going to use some leftover black pleather from last year's pirate costume to rig up the outer belt and if that doesn't work, I'm going to get a regular leather belt from the thrift store and just cut it down to size.  His little sister is going to be Princess Leia (his choice, she's still too young to care)!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Maimee
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2007 09:03:54 AM »

Hey, my son is going to be "evil Anakin" (as he calls him) too!  Your costume looks great.  I've got to finish his pants then he'll be all set.  I was just going to use some leftover black pleather from last year's pirate costume to rig up the outer belt and if that doesn't work, I'm going to get a regular leather belt from the thrift store and just cut it down to size.  His little sister is going to be Princess Leia (his choice, she's still too young to care)!

Too cool! We figured out the arm glove thing. Borrowed some women's black leather gloves from a relative and I am making a cuff for his arm that will go over the glove and will sew detailing onto it!!

My son wants his little brothers to be storm/clone troopers - Never can remember which are for the dark side. LOL My youngest was yoda 2 years ago. Made his costume, and crocheted him a hat with yoda ears. It was the cutest. :0)

Make sure you post pics of your kiddos! I know I'd like to see them all dressed up!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Amy*Maimee

Archibald Five Blog
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
7 Important Beauty Tips for Summer
Limited Edition: Modern Mermaid Unboxing!
Brazil Flag Nail Art Tutorial
Easy Makeup Tricks for Summer
Seven Days of Makeup Looks with Beauty Blogger Nicole Marie
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...