A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 300,958
Currently Running With Scissors:
784 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craft Show Pearls of Wisdom...  (Read 33313 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cindyloves2
« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2011 03:07:19 PM »

I am new to this site & I am already blessed by some pearls of wisdom! I've been doing bazaars for 4+ yrs & finally made a profit last fall when I started making ceramic Christmas trees that light up...you know what I mean!!! hahaha

I won't go on but the newest "pearl" here I learned was to give out free candy to kids. Of course I will be depleted in the first few hours as the bazaars I go to have lots of kids!! hahaha

What I may be able to add is; since I am a ovarian cancer survivor I sometimes give out those "jelly" bracelets as people go by, whether they buy something or not!
 If I think of anything else I'll post again!

THANKS so much to everyone for your posts!!

Cindy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TreasuredPerfections
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2013 05:42:13 PM »

thank you for all your pearls. We are going to our first flea market next month, and we'll be doing fairs in the fall. One I've always used where there may not be a bathroom near is a kids training potty (& a bucket with a lid for disposing) in the back (of the suv is often closer & cleaner then the port-a-pottys for my kids and I've used it in an emergency too). I have 5 kids, two of which will be with us during the craft fairs or flea markets. I also make lists of everything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NaturallyAlternative
Making natural gifts for everyday life

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2013 03:06:31 PM »

Love all the "pearls"! Someone had mentioned about making sure your display is interesting and has different levels. I wanted to elaborate on that. I'm really on a budget so I'm always trying to find ways to save money. What I found had worked was to go to thrift stores and look at everything with a creative eye on how you can use it for a display. I went to a Habitat for Humanity store and got some light bulb covers (the fancy ones they use on ceiling fans) and I also got a chandelier base. I took the chandelier base apart and used bowls to display small things. One lady liked it so much she asked to take a picture of it. I also bought a tomato cage to use for hanging things. I spent less than $10 for all that. I plan to add stuff to it to make it prettier (I ran out of time before) but it's much better than some of the display things I've found for sale for muuuuch more. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
A Chat with the Best Selling Author Preeti Shenoy
How to Teach Toddlers to Trust Themselves
Author T.C. Boyle Has No Regrets
J.A. Jance Celebrates Her 50th Book
Moving Target by J.A. Jance
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...