A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,794
Currently Running With Scissors:
733 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Need Help With Advent Calender  (Read 1244 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

missmeganmisery

Painted Flowers Have No Scent

View Profile WWW
« on: October 17, 2007 11:48:27 PM »

So today i casually brought up to my 7 yr old sister whether she thought it'd be better to get a little present every day in december or just one present on christmas. she obviously said a little present every day. SOOOO... i have decided to craft her an advent calender.
however im not so sure about what to fill it with. The calender is going to be for ALL 31 days of december not just up until christmas day. i know im going to make her some clay ornaments. decorate some gloves for her. stencil her a hannah montannah shirt. but other than that im not really sure on things to craft.

ANY IDEAS?

if it helps....
shes 7 going on 17.
loves makeup.
hannah montannah
the naked brothers band
highschool musical
soccer
basketball
and crafty things
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Megan Misery
I do personal swaps. =]

My Wists:
http://www.wists.com/missmeganmisery
tiffaknee

My kitten, Mr. Meowgi!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007 06:59:42 AM »

I'm doing the same thing for my sister! She's a little bit older (like 20) but some of the things I think could work for your sister too. I'm planing on putting a lot of ornaments and some candy in there, but also marble magnets, bobby pins decorated with polymer food minis, a few polymer clay bracelets, a fabric headband found here: http://www.heatherbaileydesign.com/Headband.html, and some other things I haven't come up with yet. I know your sister is younger than mine, but hopefully some of these can help! Let us know what you decide! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
EliGeoSavMar

Vintage movie star icon. HOW ORIGINAL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007 07:23:26 AM »

Hm, one thing you could make her is like, little notebooks with pictures of The Naked Brothers Band or highschool musical on them. And make them look really professional and base the theme inside on the cover topic (like write the lyrics of a song from the band/movie on top of the page.
Wish I could give more suggestions, but I'm in a hurry. Good luck Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You're no rock and roll fun
eatmoreplants

AppleAndTree.Etsy.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007 07:44:14 PM »

OMG! I totally forgot about those things! I am going to make one this year now too!!! How are you going to make the actual calender??

I like the band notebook idea. maybe you could decoupage pictures on a three rings binder and make a little pencil case to go inside of it for another day. a pencil case would be easy to make and could be neat with the right fabric!!!

I hope you post pics when you finish!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Apple & Tree
appleandtree.etsy.c om

Apple and Tree believes in the philosophy of re-using before recycling. We make one of a kind pieces using salvaged items as base material and offer authentic vintage fashions.
Jarheadwed

I was a classy bride

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007 10:37:23 AM »

for under a dollar every drugstore sells bon-bon makeup, its a kid-friendly cheap make-up, like lip gloss and mini bottle of nail polish. Maybe a bottle cap magnet with a photo of the two of you in it?

I wanted to make an advent calendar for my 9 and 7 year old brothers back home. I just need to figure out how to make the calendar on the cheap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
missmeganmisery

Painted Flowers Have No Scent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2007 01:18:33 PM »

so many good ideas! The calender itself is being made from styrefome stuff usually used for planting and then cardboard on the back with scrapbook paper covering each little slot. I will post up some pics of what i have done so far tonight. For the items that are too big to actually put in the calendar i will be hiding the item around the house and making it like a scavenger hunt with the first clue in the calendar! Im really excited to get it all together and start crafting the goodies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Megan Misery
I do personal swaps. =]

My Wists:
http://www.wists.com/missmeganmisery
Caine
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2007 02:44:32 PM »

I LOVE the scavenger hunt/map idea for bigger presents!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
brookem
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2007 09:57:26 PM »

grosgrain ribbon belts- they roll up small, you can make several in different colours and all you need is appoximately a yard of one inch ribbon and two D rings
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ZED'S DEAD BABY
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Assemble a Scrapbook
How to Make a Haunted House
How to Make a Pinata
How to Make Bunny Ears
How to Choose the Right Needles for a Knitting Project
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...