A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,694
Currently Running With Scissors:
568 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: One - Two Skein Brainstorm  (Read 1607 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

artcat81

No Power in the 'Verse can stop me

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2007 12:01:22 PM »

my little knitted firefly spaceship used a little less than one skein of yarn.

Ooh!  Do you have a pattern for that?  I'm making my husband a Jayne hat and I'd love to give him his own ship to go with it.

I took notes, but I'm trying to decipher just what I meant when I wrote it, I'm still fairly new to knitting and just starting to be able to read patterns.  As soon as I have it figured out the pattern will be posted (or at least the notes if I get frustrated and just scan by hadnwriting in)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down"   - Malcolm Reynolds- Firefly
"Normal is a failure of Potential" - Eli Stone
kelliz
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2007 12:20:03 PM »

You guys are the best!  What wonderful ideas.  I think I'll have to get that Stitch Diva pattern.  I also was thinking I need to get the adorable little critters from Crafy Alien, you know those?  They are soooooo cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Zero Cool
"The two patterns, art and craft, were welded together."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2007 12:27:08 PM »

I totally agree, those crafty alien toys are the cutest. I love the little fox but have never knitted a toy before so I may start off with one of the kits if I can find time in my knitting schedule...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kelliz
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2007 12:39:15 PM »

I have wanted those Crafty Alien patterns for such a long timed!  But I would just make them because they are cute.  Once made they would collect dust.  My son has no interest in stuffed animals.  Maybe I can collect them and I'll have a nice gift for the next person to have a baby! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
3-Quarters
It's safe to say I'm never bored.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2007 12:56:12 PM »

If any of the colors look nice together (or even not) in similar weights, you may work up enough yardage to make a striped or crazy fair-isle sweater. That's my grand plan for all the odds and ends I bought back when I thought 200 yards would get me somewhere...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

She builds her own satellite
From an old rusted chair
crumpet79

Never quite sure what I'm going to make next...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2007 03:54:55 PM »

There's always scarflets and mittens.  I tend to have the same problem sometimes, but have found enough to make short-sleeved shrugs with lacy patterns before.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mmdm
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2007 12:04:23 PM »

Here's one I'm about to start, if you have 2 skeins of some sport weight.
http://knitpicks.com/Hat+Trick_PD50528220.html
The pattern is downloadable for $1.29 and I have 2 balls of some really inexpensive cashmere blend coming from Elann.com.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

trinashere
nerd and a half.

(witty comment goes here)

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2007 12:10:50 PM »

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=132687.0

Here's a link to another discussion about the things you can make with very little yarn. I'm not sure if there's anything in there that hasn't already been said, but it's wotth a look.

And how about coffee cup sleeves? They're fun, great for gifts (Christmas is coming) and use far less that a whole skein.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The art of losing isn't hard to master; so many things seem filled with the intent to be lost that their loss is no disaster. ~ Elizabeth Bishop
catontheroof
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2007 10:21:13 AM »

Ooh this has always been my problem! Where I live it's a bit difficult to find good yarns. Most there would be limited choices and price a little over my college student budget lol so my stash is basically full of one or two odd balls of yarn.

I make a lot of cozies (I think any little electronic device in my home gets one lol-cellphone, my Creative Zen, MP3 players, CD players, flashdiscs, you name it... hmm probably I should make one for flashlights and computer mouses too lol), cute toys (oh I LOVE toys!), arm warmers, eye mask (trouble sleeping in even the slightest light), small purses (coin purses, make up, pencil case, glasses case, etc), and belts.
I think stripes is a good idea. VERY good idea.

Oh and I'm planning on knitting a book cover. I love making my own journals and blank books, so... I think it'd make an interesting cover Grin

How about coasters? Bath puffs? Felted bowl? Jewelry? Mouse pillow thingy (thought I saw a pattern somewhere...)?
Even maybe a little pillow for sleeping in (boring) classes? lol I feel like I'm going to receive evil looks from some teachers here Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Integrate Lightroom 2 with Photoshop.
How to Use Keywords in Lightroom 2
Portrait Retouching with Photoshop Elements - Sample Clip 3
Portrait Retouching with Photoshop Elements - Sample Clip 2
Lightroom 2 Quick Tip
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup
@Home This Weekend: Bee Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...