A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 301,968
Currently Running With Scissors:
559 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Costume help of course.  (Read 663 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

angeleyes410
« on: October 16, 2007 09:37:58 PM »

So my baby is going to be a lamb, because, well my name is Mary, and Mary had a little lamb is TOO good a play on words to pass up. So I decided I would half assedly dress as a shepardess..or MARY...so I got some pink gingham fabric, cheap, and some eyelet lace trim type stuff and I'm going to whip up a poorly crafted I'm sure, long skirt...just need suggestions/help on the top (something grade school simple, I'm pretty brand new to sewing!) ..and does anyone know how I can MAKE a sheppards crook, because I can't find one ANYWHERE!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

blondigirl
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007 10:19:30 PM »

Brand new to sewing too, so can't really help you with the shirt except to maybe find a cheap pink or white one and add lace.  Or even make an easy tube top and use the lace a sleeves maybe?

But for the crook/staff, I know they have then at both of the party/costume stores in my town for like, $6 i think.  Otherwise you could use PVC pipe.  One long piece cut to size, and elbow piece, and then a short piece, maybe another elbow.  Can't quite remember what it looks like so...

I think there is another post on here somewhere about making one... maybe out of...oh goodness... mind blank here.  The stuff where you use newspaper and glue...like pinatas...  i can't believe I can't remember the name.... But, yeah, try doing a search for it.

Hope this helps! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
blondigirl
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007 10:20:28 PM »

Paper mache!!! hah.  knew I'd remember as soon as i posted.  I kept thinking macrame and couldn't get past it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
New York Fashion Week Detail Cam: Shoes - Spring 2014
H&M Fashion Haul
How to Get the Selena Gomez Look
Four Fun Looks for Fall
FIRST LOOK: Carolina Herrera - NYFW Spring 2014
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: TVP Chik'n Nuggets
@Home This Weekend: Colorful Garden Chairs
Craftster Quickies: How to Make Palette Coasters

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...