A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 300,960
Currently Running With Scissors:
433 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anyone make julsey723's Anthropologie-Inspired Capelet in Homespun yarn?  (Read 523 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

woohag
« on: October 16, 2007 03:38:30 PM »

I have a gorgeous skein of LB Homespun in a deep grape color that I love, and I want to knit this capelet with it: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=62184.0

Did anyone in the KAL (or otherwise) knit that in Homespun? If so, please HELP me figure out gauge and sizing! THANKS!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: http://whittsknits.blogspot.com

I'm beyond your peripheral vision, so you might wanna turn your head.  ~Ani Difranco
elijor
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007 04:25:38 PM »

I haven't made it out of LB Homespun but I've made a couple so maybe I can help.

First thing is swatch to find out your gauge.

Then figure out how many stitches to cast on. The original had a 16" neckline (not actually the base of your neck but where you want the sweaters neckline to be.). So multiply your gauge X 16. You want to have an odd number of stitches so add or subtract accordingly (the odd number makes the ribbing on the neckband line up with the raglan increases).

When you get to the section where you place the markers to divide the fronts/sleeves/back you will divide your cast-on by 6 then make the following sections: front 1/6, sleeve 1/6, back 2/6 plus 1 stitch (that's where the odd stitch goes), sleeve 1/6, front 1/6.

After that you are just following the sleeve increase section until the sleeves fit you. Then continue until it is the length you want.

If that doesn't make sense find out your gauge and desired neck measurement and I or someone can help out again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
woohag
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007 04:28:46 PM »

WOWSA, thank you SO MUCH!  You are very clear but I should've mentioned that I am mathematically (and therefore, gauge-ly) handicapped. NO JOKE, it's such an issue with me to do the math. If you are still willing to help I would be so grateful...but right now, I'll knit a swatch of Homespun and get back to you. Yes?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: http://whittsknits.blogspot.com

I'm beyond your peripheral vision, so you might wanna turn your head.  ~Ani Difranco
soozeq
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007 08:32:03 PM »

That pattern should work out fine as the yarn's really a bulky weight and does best on size 11 or larger needles. You may not have to adjust the CO or pattern at all - just knit until it's big enough to the underarms.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007 08:41:37 AM »

HOmespun only has 57 yards(ish) in the skien so you may need a second skien just fyi.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
3 Ways to Wear Kimonos
Show Off Your Fall Style by Restoring Your Levis!
How to Get Fall Fashions for Less
Nicole Richie, Cody Simpson & Keke Palmer Show Us How To Accessorize
StyleList-TrendReport-092514.Mov
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...