A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,383
Currently Running With Scissors:
675 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Reader's Choice Best of Interweave Knits  (Read 2138 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

knittinfiasco
A child of God

YHWH is my Daddy!

View Profile WWW
« on: October 16, 2007 12:49:45 PM »

Top 5 patterns are now available for download!  They will be taken down May 14, 2008 (WED).

« Last Edit: April 14, 2008 01:19:24 PM by knittinfiasco - Reason: update! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Riki
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007 05:38:10 PM »

I saw this and was going to vote for one I really wanted to make - a knitalong was going for it but the magazine was no longer available, but I can't remember the exact name of the pattern and what issue is it from - if everyone on that knitalong would vote for it, I bet we could finally have the pattern! I think it is a sideways thing? Does anyone remember? **wish my rememberer was better**** Because I really wanted to make it.

OK, i went back to the KALs and found it - It is Sideways Spencer from Fall 04 ... I really want to make it so ... please vote for it!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007 05:43:17 PM by Riki - Reason: remembered!! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

knittinfiasco
A child of God

YHWH is my Daddy!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007 06:23:10 PM »

LOL, that was the first thing I voted for! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Riki
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007 09:46:41 PM »

LOL, that was the first thing I voted for! Smiley

AHhhhhh. thank you thank you! I noticed you were over on that KAL too, so I wondered if you might!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cranberry
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007 09:38:18 AM »

I voted for Norah Gaughn's Tweedy Aran Cardigan, Interweave Knits Winter 2001/2002. I couldn't find the original picture, because the magazine is out of print.  Roll Eyes So I've mugged some pictures online. I'm terribly sorry, ladies.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2007 09:40:48 AM by cranberry » THIS ROCKS   Logged
knittinfiasco
A child of God

YHWH is my Daddy!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2007 09:48:14 AM »

Ooh, that is vote-worthy! Smiley Anyone else with suggestions? I haven't seen too many projects from past IKs and will glad vote for more. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knit_north
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2007 09:50:27 AM »

oh must think .... i had kinda thought they might have had some suggestions for us!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cranberry
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2007 10:16:05 AM »

oh must think .... i had kinda thought they might have had some suggestions for us!

No, I don't think so. That's why they have the Best of Interweave Knits out. So, they are now giving us the opportunity to make our own votes, I reckon.

I truly think the best Interweave Patterns are those starting around 2000. Knitting patterns (in general) before 1999 were risible: drop shoulders, oversized tunics... yuck.

Oh, some more stuff.

Madli's Shawl Summer 2004 (can't remember the author)

and Brilliant Retro by T. Durham Winter 05

« Last Edit: October 17, 2007 10:59:50 AM by cranberry » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Riki
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2007 06:33:09 PM »

That's my problem too ... I just don't know the knitting patterns from before I started subscribing a couple years ago ... I had thought knitting had died because I could never find yarn stores OR knitting magazines anywhere (and didn't even KNOW about Michael's until my sister told me last year!) .. then stumbled on knitting in the Internet and WOW! WHAT JOY!!!!

So ... all those patterns mentioned are great, too, just wonderful. I wonder if we do a search of Craftster for IK pattern KALs if we'd find more? hmmmm there's something for me to do, today if I can stand putting my needles down ... (boss is gone and work is VERY light)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vickilicious
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2007 11:15:13 PM »

Yeah, I recognized this was a great opportunity but also realized that I don't know any patterns before the issues featured on the website... and I compulsively bought every issue back to the beginning of 2005 (a year before I started even thinking about knitting).

I wish they had photos from their back issues.

Maybe some more experienced IK knitters have some suggestions? (With photos?? Grin)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Top 100 Pokemon: Mew
Top 100 Pokemon: Mewtwo
Top 100 Pokemon: Rayquaza
Top 100 Pokemon: Tyranitar
Top 100 Pokemon: Zapdos
Latest Blog Articles
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...