A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,557
Currently Running With Scissors:
633 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: We Love Our Blythes/Pullips Round 6 - Gallery!  (Read 4983 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Shelichan

Fashion designer for hire in NYC!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2007 06:32:49 PM »

So cute!!! Cheesy

Here is what Lothruin sent me! Sadly there was no daylight today to  take pictures with... woke up and it was snowing!!! So these were what I could get. Again, thank you SO much!!!

Everything came wrapped so nicely in that quilt with tags and labels and a card and omg! Theres arm warmers, leg warmers, hat, sweater, dress,  and the quilt! The quilt is soooo nice~ Its backed with a red fabric. Cheesy And the hat is AMAZING with the huge pom-pom! It fits her great!!!!

The dress fits PERFECT. Seriously, it is an amazing fit! Fits her better than any other dress she has!!! And the print goes with Nemo's hair so nice! For someone who said they cant sew very well you amazed me - its REALLY gorgeous and the work quality is amazing!

Look at the tiny thumb holes! Omg I cant believe you knit that... it doesnt even feel like yarn. They are SO soft I want me sized ones!

The sweater fits great! Its a bit tight, but if I tried I could button it! I just dont have the lighting or patience to do it. I can believe you knit a sweater so small with such tiny buttons and button holes... omg... its AMAZING and Nemo and I LOVE the color of it!

Nemo and I thank you!!! Everything was SO amazing!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Childrenswear & womenswear designer for hire in NYC!
Lothruin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2007 08:29:18 PM »

Eee!  I'm so glad you like everything, and Nemo looks SOOO cute!  I have to admit I was trying to make a nekomimi outfit, but the tail failed me and I couldn't figure out if I should make a hat with ears or try to make a headband.  But that's where the arm and legwarmer idea came from, and that piece of vintage fabric the dress is made from matched the purple so perfectly I couldn't resist the combo.  I wish I'd had some orange ribbon for the legwarmers, instead of the pink, but since Nemo is so fond of wild color combos, I figured it would all work.  The sweater was made of some beautiful yarn mill-ends I picked up on my last trip to Montana, that I bought especially for dolly sweaters, and then this swap came along, and I crossed my fingers and hoped Nemo liked blue.  Tip for the buttons: if you choose to close it (and incidentally, if you flip it around and button it up the back, it's a boatneck pull-over!) you can use a toothpick to help find the button through the buttonhole and guide it in.  It's a bit tricky, but I really prefer the look of real working buttons over snaps, so that's what I do.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
carrieme
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2007 06:24:27 AM »

Everything is fabulous!!  I love the beads on the sweater for buttons, I would never have thought of that! I am always amazed at craftsters who can knit beautiful items that small, too scary for me to even attempt  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy shop   http://www.carrieme.etsy.com
Wist:  http://www.wists.com/verycarrie
Visit my blog http://sewverycarrie.blogspot.com
pm me if you want to swap!
lulubean
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2007 11:06:28 AM »

Here's a quick picture of what I received from KittyVegas.

She made Yoshi 3 skirts (black knit with white heart lace, tulle with roses and lined with black, and purple with blue and green dots), a black kitty hat and awesome black and white striped leg warmers.  Thank you again KittyVegas, Yoshi just loves her new clothes and she thinks they go great with her new purple hair.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sheriffkarli
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2007 01:04:53 PM »

Yay, finally a picture!

The dress and hat match Papin's hair and style perfectly! The pants on Lilith are a little short, but fit as capris perfectly! And the striped top is just too cute for words! Thanks again csi!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my crafting blog and tutorials at www.madebykarli.com
Ilovemystarbursts
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2007 07:03:22 PM »

Everyone's stuff looks so great! I love the little sweater Lothruin made, I wish i could do that. Papin's hat is adorable! Star217 finally got her package because USPS is a pain in the butt, I was so afraid that it was lost.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
OlalalaurenO

Mommy's little helper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2007 07:33:44 PM »

Yay, finally a picture!

The dress and hat match Papin's hair and style perfectly! The pants on Lilith are a little short, but fit as capris perfectly! And the striped top is just too cute for words! Thanks again csi!

OH NO! they're short! They were huge on my Blythe so I figured they would fit! I'm going to make you another pair....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*Lauren*~

My Etsy!
http://theCraftyPrincess.etsy.com
Personal swaps are fun. We should try one.
sheriffkarli
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2007 05:29:03 AM »

Don't you dare make another pair, i LOVE them! Also, they are not short on Papin!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my crafting blog and tutorials at www.madebykarli.com
Lothruin

I eat seakittens.

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2007 01:41:53 PM »

Just wanted everyone to know I found some dolly-sized Hello Kitty barrettes and hair clippies in the dollar spot at Target.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lothruin

I eat seakittens.

« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2007 03:20:40 PM »

I received from Shelichan today, and let me just say that her package is beautiful and wonderful and I love every single little bit of it right down to the tiny stickers in the note she sent.  The light was terrible this evening, so I wasn't able to take pics, but I'll be taking some tomorrow!  I'm so excited!  Thanks so much, Shelichan!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
An Interview with Anne Watts
Erin Downing Talks About Kiss it
Hyper-Chondriac Book Trailer
Carol Higgins Clark Talks About Wrecked
Kate Feiffer Talks About The Wild, Wild Inside
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...