A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 296,384
Currently Running With Scissors:
674 Guests and 38 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "My Country Doesn't Have That" Round 9  (Read 10661 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

travelbug
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2007 06:37:05 AM »

Hi my name is Heather and Im a Canadian who is currently living in South Korea. I claim Daemonwildcat for Newspapers or magazines from other countries (no worries they won't be in English as I'm always on a search for elusive English magazines haha), favourite recipes of your culture/region and sweets, snacks or tea. This is my 2nd claim, 0 in transit, 0 received.

Id be happy to receive items from any country!

My wishlist:

-a beginners knitting book (with English instructions) that has pictures of the finished items. I would love to learn how to knit socks/mittens/slippers! Oh and some long knitting needles. Ive only seen circular ones here.
-Id like to learn how to do needle felting. Ive seen books here but they arent in English.
-fashion or celeb. magazines from your country. Some of my favourites are (Marie Claire, Cosmo, US weekly, Glamour, People) I'm sure that I'll be happy with whatever you send!
-candy or snacks from your country 
-fabric from your country
-anything else that you think I might like!
-stuff to decorate my bare apartment. Pillowcases, drying towels...basically think of anything that a person might have in their apartment and you can almost bet that I don't have it Smiley
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007 06:40:57 AM by travelbug » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dawn Octopus
I wish I had 8 tentacles.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2007 06:54:15 PM »

Hi, I am OctopusIncClothing, and I would like to claim Heather the travelbug for:

-fashion or celeb. magazines from your country
-candy or snacks from your country 
-fabric from your country

This is my first claim.
I am in the USA and I would like to receive from anywhere, but especially Asia.

My List:

Kawaii Stationery! I like the kind with the matching envelopes in any cutesy Sax-X type design (tissue-san,nyanko nyanko cat, tare panda, doraemon, etc.)

Kawaii stickers, like "sack o' stickers"

Anything with an octopus or squid on it

craft book (doesn't have to be in English, but should have clear pictures so I can get the idea)

any cutesy fabric

I thought I would add some stuff so it's easier to get a partner...

Scrapbook stuff not in English

Interesting shaped buttons

Really warm socks

I guess that's it. I have never been in this type of multiple partner swap before, so please let me know if I did something dumb.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2007 07:05:13 PM by octopusincclothing » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proud pre-adoptive Mother Smiley
purpleone
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2007 06:19:31 AM »

I claim octopusincclothing for an octopus/kawaii inspired package from England Wink My name's Bea and I'm in the UK, this is my first claim this round.

I'd like to receive from any country other than my own!

Wishes...

-Pocky

-US Magazines; 'Adorn', 'Threads', 'Readymade' or 'Craft'.

-Fabric with animals on (more realistic than cartoon/kiddish), I love busy prints like this http://www.prestoimages.net/store/graphics/1410_pd589912_1.jpg

-Inkjet printable things...
magnet sheets
shrinky dinks
printable fabric

-'Lucky charms' cereal

-'Mothers circus animal cookies'

-Hersheys 'smores' bars

-'Reese's Pieces' for my dad Smiley

-Glass etching paste

-Cork tiles

-*Long shot* Anyone live near the beach?... I have a thing about seals and sea lions and would love a set of photos (color or b&w) for my wall

Some of my dislikes: insects, dark chocolate, nuts, raisins, pink/orange/yellow, synthetic fibres, sequins, flashy jewellery, plastic.

Some likes: seals, bats and all small mammals, natural fibres, freshwater pearls, plaid/tartan.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Yarnisfun
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2007 03:38:15 PM »

Hi I'm Yarnisfun!  I claim purpleone for: Various snacks, magazine, and fabric. This is my second claim.

I'd love to receive from anywhere.

Here's some of the things I like:  yarn, craft magazines, tea, postage stamps, fabric, candy, any cool craft supplies, buttons, anything Asian, Christmas stuff (ornaments, decorations), cute local mascot stuff (examples: Hello Kitty, Moomins, Padington, Rupert, etc.)

I can't have any scented things (candles, perfumes, and lotions) due to allergies.

Just about anything would be great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dizzylizzy

dreamers have become an endangered species

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2007 05:35:52 AM »

someone has received! Check out the gallery!

gallery goodness!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kianee
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2007 05:50:41 AM »

I would like to claim Yarnisfun for a craft magazine, Christmas stuff, tea and some stamps. This is my first claim.

I'm kianee from Germany and I'd like to receive from anywhere, really.

Some of the things I like are craft magazines, craft supplies (I stencil, screenprint, sew a little, started embroidery), screenprinting paint (weird enough, I only have light blue at this point).

I also like crazy and odd thrift store finds, clothes I can stencil/screenprint on and/or recon, candy and fabric.

Anything else you come up with is also great! Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

kianee
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2007 07:46:30 AM »

Oh, I just noticed that Yarnisfun has been claimed by the other German in the swap before *waves to LizzyMcGuire*. I withdraw my claim, if you'd rather be claimed by someone from another country instead. Your choice Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarnisfun
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2007 10:34:59 AM »

Kianee: I really don't mind. It would be cool to get two packages from the same country. Go for it!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007 10:35:35 AM by Yarnisfun » THIS ROCKS   Logged
dizzylizzy

dreamers have become an endangered species

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2007 03:47:05 PM »

Haha, yarnisfun was claimed by both german participants, and here I am claiming both of the germans in turn!  Cheesy

I claim kianee for embroidery and stenciling supplies, and some candy (since halloween stuff is hugely discounted right now!  Wink)
This is my 2nd claim.

I don't really have any specific countries in mind, I'd be happy to receive from anywhere!     Grin

My Wishlist:
*Postcards- Especially featuring architecture. I find American stuff so bleh. I would love anything with European castles and churches, or Asian shrines, temples or gardens. Or even anything depicting the local lifestyle, like fishing or farming or anything.
*Old maps- I like to see how different civilizations evolved.
*Dolls in your country's traditional clothing.
*Vintage buttons or beads
*Yarn (I'm only really familiar with acrylic, but I'm eager to try something else like bamboo, silk, or alpaca...)
*Fabric with prints usually attributed to your culture
*Coffee or tea native to your area.
(~lilylola is sending me dolls, maps, and buttons, but I'd still be happy to receive the same kind of items from other countries!)

Asian specifics:
origami or washi paper thanks travelbug!
bento boxes and accessories thanks travelbug!
batik fabric
hand-fans
I've seen somewhere online that a Japanese company makes double ended crochet hooks, those would be way awesome too.   Cheesy
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007 03:56:10 PM by dizzylizzy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

gavagai
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2007 04:53:05 AM »

I claim dizzylizzy for postcards, fabric, yarn... and probably more stuff as well.  Grin

I live in Sweden and I would like stuff from anywhere really.  Smiley Some ideas/wishes below!

Top wish right now

Lightscribe cds/dvds for me to lightscribe on. Would love different colours! Can't get them here.  Cry

I am especially looking for crafting supplies of different kinds, among others these (that I can't get or have had trouble finding here)...

Silver or silver plated/gold plated wire, thinner than 0.4 mm (maybe someone can translate this into American standard?)

Joints for making dolls/teddybears, to fasten arms and legs to make them movable (preferably not too big)

Flat metal things with a loop (preferably silver/gold or silver/gold plated) to fasten on the back of for example a marble to make it into a pendant. Something like this: https://www.rings-things.com/cgi-bin/hazel/hazel.cgi?action=detail&item=49-455-3  Ideally either 10mm or 20mm square, but also interested in other sizes.

book with fun/cute Japanese sewing and/or crochet patterns

Chunky fun yarn (something that looks a bit different in one way or another).

Strange colour (other than white or transparent) shrinky dinks (I think there is a black kind); I would really prefer the "shrinky dink" brand!

Crafting/Sewing themed metal charms (like scissors or something, to be used for making jewelry).

Gold plated chain to make necklaces and other jewelry.

Silver plated finger rings with a large plate (1.5-2 cm?) with sides (will try to find a link to make it less confusing) for crafting jewelry.

Kit for making animals and other creatures/decoration from beads, things like these: http://www.beadjewelrymaking.com/browse_all.html but maybe not too complex ones to start with, since Im a beginner.

A kit for some kind of craft I haven't tried yet. Feel free to PM me about that.

Glass thingies, especially ones with holes in them:
http://www.wholesalersusainc.com/hand-glass-shapes-rectangles-holes-40pcs-p-1325.html
Other glass shapes on the same site are also as interesting, and coloured square marbles also... Just different shaped glass thingies to put pictures behind really... and/or coloured ones for rings:
http://www.plainmabel.com/ckshop.php?item=1168&ret=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.plainmabel.com%2Fckshop.php%3Fpage%3D1%26category%3D4
(I already have enough of the "normal" round transparent ones (that you can buy in flower shops (at least here) though.)

Snap buttons of good quality, preferably bigger and/or ones that you "punch" on (rather than sew or fold those little metal clips thingies) (plastic and/or metal)

Magnetic snaps for making bags.

Handles for making bags

Crochet books or magazines with fun new projects (not to traditional stuff). I like "Crochet today". I only have the september-october 2007 issue so far. Please ask me before you send a crochet book, since I have a few (not many) already and might have the one you want to send.

Craft books/magazines in general with fun new projects (not too traditional stuff) (in English or German or with easy-to-follow pictures (well, Swedish is good as well  Cheesy)

And of course anything from my evergrowing wist.
http://www.wists.com/gavagai

Please no food/candy!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007 04:59:05 AM by gavagai » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Still wishing for a Tunisian crochet kit. Would be happy to personal swap for one. I have fabrics and all sorts of stuff to swap for.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
David Grann Reveals His Previous Occupation
Kathy Charles Talks About John Belushi Is Dead
Lynda LaPlante Talks About Silent Scream
Judith Viorst Talks About Unexpectedly Eighty
Bernie and Chet Fetch a Thief Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...