A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,597
Currently Running With Scissors:
759 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lose your vehicle NO MORE!  (Read 2969 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SusieSquare
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2007 03:02:16 PM »

I think this idea is HILARIOUS... and AWESOME!! I wish I went to more large events so I could make something like this and use it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shewolf
I call her Vera.

The hero of Canton

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2007 03:53:11 PM »

When we used the CB, my dad would toss one of his handkerchiefs under it to protect the paint.

Great idea, too. Since my antenna is no longer retracting, I think I'll make a flag for that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(\__/) This is Fat Bunny.
( o.o ) It has taken over, and eaten the unbelievers.
( > < ) Copy Bunny into your signature or be EATEN!

www.rattleheadgames .com - for all your gaming needs!

http://www.wists.com/shewolf I wish, I wish, with all my heart.... Smiley
kaylanmax
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2007 06:29:34 PM »

This is a great idea! My mother and I have an ongoing joke that she should put an ice fishing tip-up on the top of her car [oh my dog am I ever from Wisconsin or what?]. She's not preoccupied with beautiful babies, she's just got a terrible case of senioritis.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
purple-gurl
lil' dew...

Peace Out!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2007 06:59:15 PM »

such a cool idea.

btw ur kids r so cute Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is Ours to B spent, not to be SAVED!
bluwave06
Tutorial Contributor

Fifties Twist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2007 07:46:12 PM »

That is a Great Idea!!! We lose the car quite a bit, but that is why we try to park in the first spot or in the part where no one parks. But with my dad he will keep pressing the unlock button so we kno where it is. LOL.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sunray

Everyone's favorite generic superhero.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2007 07:53:11 PM »

My dad [yes, that's right, my dad] is slowly making his car into a pirate boat.

Yeah, this is the man who used to decide when I came home at night when I was in high school.

Anyway, the relevance of this is that I need to make him this, and stick a pirate flag on it.
Thank you for solving my problem.
How exactly is it done?

I mean, I realize just how stupid of a question this actually is.
Is it just magnets?
Won't it get stolen?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007 07:54:44 PM by Sunray » THIS ROCKS   Logged
ibimus
Soup Nazi

I'm crackers about cheese, Grommit!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2007 09:47:42 PM »

My dad, being the odd duck that he is, always wanted to tie a giant yellow balloon to the car so we'd find it.
My mom thought that was silly.

HA!!!

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.

www.livejournal.com/users/ibimus
www.myspace.com/ibimus
happyfrog
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2007 11:45:17 PM »

My dad [yes, that's right, my dad] is slowly making his car into a pirate boat.

Yeah, this is the man who used to decide when I came home at night when I was in high school.

Anyway, the relevance of this is that I need to make him this, and stick a pirate flag on it.
Thank you for solving my problem.
How exactly is it done?

I mean, I realize just how stupid of a question this actually is.
Is it just magnets?
Won't it get stolen?

To make it, just find some scrap wood in your wood pile.  then use the biggest board - i cut mine into a square.  then find a 2x4 and cut it down to about 4" long.  nail that into the board from the bottom of the square piece.

then i found super sized washers and some metal screws and mounted them in the 4 corners - because originally, i just stuck the magnets on and it stuck to the board (because of the washers) and then stuck to the roof of van, but then I found my glue gun, lol, and glued the magnets on.

I found a long yellow reflector stick thingy at lowe's in the mailbox/number reflector aisle and as I left lowe's, they have this bin of packaging materials to get your oversized parcels home.  Well, that's where I got the flag from, *grin*.  I simply used clear packaging tape and attached it to the yellow stick below the reflector built on it.

oh, yeah, drilled a hole in the 2x4 to hold the stick in place.

works well.  i recruited my dh to do all the drilling and nailing for me because well, he's the guy.  Smiley  Why should I do the actual work if he's wonderful and will happily do it for me?  *love eyes*

hth on how to do it.  I just thought it up one day and I LOVE it!!!  I use it quite often, actually, esp when we go somewhere we don't usually go.  I foresee a lot of usage this winter because everyone goes shopping in winter for holiday 'stuff' and it gets hard to find the vehicle.

as for stealing it, i haven't had that happen yet, but if it did, i'd just steal it back, as they'd probably be using it similarly.  it was mine first!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.answeredprayers.aboutmybaby.com
mommy to three amazing children on earth!  Smiley
skankamaggot
It seems that different people have an idea of what I am, and what I should be. And then there's me.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2007 02:11:40 AM »

I think this is a great idea (I have a small green car and lose it EVERYWHERE).  I would be careful about it scratching the paint, though.  I used to work for a pizza shop where we had to put those light-up signs on our cars (our OWN cars, not a company car), and some of them had magnet bars to attach to your roof.. after a year of delivering pizza my roof was completely beat up from attaching and taking it off.  I guess if you use it everywhere though, it wouldn't really be a problem if you don't remove it.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sunray

Everyone's favorite generic superhero.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2007 02:50:43 PM »

To make it, just find some scrap wood in your wood pile.  then use the biggest board - i cut mine into a square.  then find a 2x4 and cut it down to about 4" long.  nail that into the board from the bottom of the square piece.

then i found super sized washers and some metal screws and mounted them in the 4 corners - because originally, i just stuck the magnets on and it stuck to the board (because of the washers) and then stuck to the roof of van, but then I found my glue gun, lol, and glued the magnets on.

I found a long yellow reflector stick thingy at lowe's in the mailbox/number reflector aisle and as I left lowe's, they have this bin of packaging materials to get your oversized parcels home.  Well, that's where I got the flag from, *grin*.  I simply used clear packaging tape and attached it to the yellow stick below the reflector built on it.

oh, yeah, drilled a hole in the 2x4 to hold the stick in place.

works well.  i recruited my dh to do all the drilling and nailing for me because well, he's the guy.  Smiley  Why should I do the actual work if he's wonderful and will happily do it for me?  *love eyes*

hth on how to do it.  I just thought it up one day and I LOVE it!!!  I use it quite often, actually, esp when we go somewhere we don't usually go.  I foresee a lot of usage this winter because everyone goes shopping in winter for holiday 'stuff' and it gets hard to find the vehicle.

as for stealing it, i haven't had that happen yet, but if it did, i'd just steal it back, as they'd probably be using it similarly.  it was mine first!  Smiley

Thanks so much! I'm going to e-mail instructions and pictures to my mom haha.
I can't exactly do this in a dorm room but she's all super-handy and makes stuff all the time [like, re-doing furniture and stuff, she's really the dude o' the family].
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
DIY Gift Idea: How to Make Chic Friendship Bracelets
DIY Gift Idea: How to Customize Mugs
DIY Gift Idea: BFF Phone Cases
DIY Gift Idea: Glittery, Customized Candles
DIY Gift Idea: Fun Duct Tape Frame
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...