A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,579
Currently Running With Scissors:
492 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: *Updated with Tut* My Little Piggie Pirate  (Read 16689 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , pig , pirate , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Megs
« on: October 14, 2007 07:36:32 PM »

When I asked my 4yr little girl what she wanted to be for Halloween she replied "a piggie pirate" (it was something she saw on Dora the Explorer show) after telling me for a hour what she wanted, I set to work and this is what i came up with.

Here is just the hat, the eye patch can be lifted up so she can see out of both eyes. The skull is from www.http.com//yeenmachine.blogspot.com/
She even has a little piggie tail.

Pirate Piggy Mask
Copyright October 17, 2007
By Tina Spears

This Pattern Has Not Been Tested
J hook
Ww yarn: Black and Pink yarn
Mask is done in a round using a dc
Mask (hat):
  Starting with black
Ch 3, work 10 dc in second ch from hk, join with sl st to first dc (or if using magic ring make 10 dc )                                                                                                                                               
Rnd 2:  Ch 3, work 1 dc in joining st, work 2 dc in each dc around, Join to beg st with sl st                 
Rnd 3:  Ch 3, work 1 dc in joining st (2 dc in next dc, 1 dc in next dc) repeat around. Join to beg st with sl st                                                                                                           
Rnd 4:  Ch 3, work 1 dc in joining st  and in the next dc, (2 dc in next dc, 1 dc in next 2 dc) repeat around, Join to beg st with sl st                                                                                   
Rnd 5:  Ch 3, work 1 dc in joining st and in the next 2 dc, (2 dc in next dc, 1 dc in next 3 dc) Repeat around, join to beg st with sl st      
Rnd 6:  Ch 3, work 1 dc in joining st and in the next 3 dc, (2 dc in next dc, 1 dc in next 4 dc) Repeat around, join to beg st with sl st                                                                                   
Rnd 7-9: Ch 3, work 1 dc in joining st and each dc around. Change color to pink at last dc on Round 9. (note: you can also finish off and with pink join with a sl st)                                 
Rnd 10-12:  With pink yarn continue to dc in each dc around, joining to beg with sl st. Place hat on head and mark out were you want the eyes to go.
Rnd 13:  work dc in each dc around till you get to your first eye marker, then chain how ever many you have between the marker. (with my little one I had 6 st between each eye marker, 3 st between the 2 eyes) add dc in each dc between the eyes, then chain how ever many you have between the other eye markers. Continue working dc in the rest of dc, joining to beg dc
Rnd 14:  work a dc in each dc around till you reach the eyes put a dc in each ch of  the first eye then work sc in each dc in the space between the eyes. Then put a dc in each ch of second eye and each dc around. Join to beg dc
Rnd 15:  work a dc in each dc and a sc in each sc around. Join and fasten off
Pig Nose:
Rnd 1:Ch 6, work 2 sc in 2 ch from hk, work 1 sc in next 3 ch, work 4 sc in last ch, continue working on other side of  ch, work sc in the bottom 3 sc, 2 sc in last sc, Join to beg sc, ch 1
Rnd 2:Sc in each sc around, join to beg sc, ch 1
Rnd 3:Sc in the back loops of each sc around, join to beg sc, ch 1
Rnd 4-5: Sc in both loops in each sc around, join to beg sc, at end of rnd 5 fasten off leaving long tail to sew to mask.
    With black yarn make 2 knots on each end of nose
    Sew the nose to the rnd 15 of mask between the two eye holes
Eye Patch:
Ch 70 or as many needed to fit around hat, join to make a big ring. Ch 1 and turn
Row 1: work 11 (or how ever many needed to cover eye) sc in chain, ch 1 turn
Row 2: work 11 (or how ever many you work in row 1) sc across, ch 1 turn
Row 3-7: dec, sc to last to sc then dc again, ch 1 turn, work a sc all around the U/V shape. Fasten off leaving a tail to sew to mask
 Place eye patch on mask covering one eye. Sew the top of the patch to the mask just above the eye. Put a stitch to tack the strap of eye patch in the back of mask making it stay in place.
Ears: (make 2)
Rnd 1: ch 3, work 6 dc in third ch from hk (or using magic ring work 6 dc into ring), join to beg dc
Rnd 2: ch 3, (dc in the first dc, 2 dc in next dc) repeat around
Rnd 3: ch 3, (dc in first 2 dc, 2 dc in next dc) repeat around
Rnd 4: ch 3, 2 dcs in first dc, 2 dc dec in next 4 dcs, (1 dc in next dc, 2 dcs in next dc) repeat, join to beg dc
Rnd 5: ch 3, dc in first dc, 2 dc dec in next 4 dcs, 1 dc in the rest of dc around, Join to beg dc. Fasten off leaving a long tail for sewing to mask. Sew each ear to side of mask between rnd 5-8
Tie:
Ch  81 
work  1 sc in first 5 chs, work  5 hdc in next 5 chs, work 60 dc in next  chs, work 5 hdc in next 5 chs, work 5 sc in last 5 chs, fasten off and weave in ends. Tie in the middle to form a knot then attach to back of hat
Tail:
Ch how ever long your want your tail to be then sl st in each ch.
Notes:
If eyes wont stay open, take a pipe cleaner or some wire and in the inside of mask sew them to the eye making it say open, make sure to put a lot of stitches at the ends of wire to prevent them from sticking in the side of eyes.Add eyebrowns to your mask to give it some character, just use black yarn and embroider a line above the eyes

« Last Edit: June 23, 2008 06:07:55 PM by Megs » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Aelita

Yes I am Goth.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007 07:40:04 PM »

That is AWESOME!! I like that for myself. You did a great job on it. The link doesn't work that you gave for the skull. I took the http:// off and just typed in yeenmachine.blogspot.com and it worked.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007 09:55:37 PM by Aelita » THIS ROCKS   Logged

There will always be people who say mean words  because you are different, and sometimes their minds cannot be changed. There are many more people who do not judge others based on how they look or where they are from. THOSE are the people whose WORDS truly matter.

http://li-lis-page.blogspot.com
waterious
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007 07:47:19 PM »

Oh my - me thinks that piggie pirate hat is the bees knees!!  That is so cute, I can't stop smiling!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eatyerhartout
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007 07:57:50 PM »

Aw! That's adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I like to do personal swaps now and again.

I knit, crochet, and make stitch markers.

Just pm me if you wanna swap. Smiley
Scatter Kincaid
Keeping It Crafty Since 1983

One Girl. One Obsession. Many Crafts.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007 08:07:16 PM »

Oh wow!  That is so great!  Long live Captain Piggy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftewoman
Tutorial Contributor

Busy sculpting...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007 09:04:52 PM »

Amazing you are a genius! And it will keep her head warm too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

little*devil
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

protect me from what i want

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2007 09:19:57 PM »

Oh my goodness, this is too cute!  I wish I could talk my little one out of being a princess AGAIN!  I was looking forward to making a new costume!  Beautiful work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eye.heart.art

big, fat AND delicious!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2007 09:51:33 PM »

This is the coolest thing I have seen ever!!! My girlfriend is begging me to make her one too.  You are super awesome!!  Do you know where to find a pirate pig?  In the Barrrrrrrrn!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Help me get naked in Greece! LunaGrrrl.Etsy.com
metalpunkmonster
obsessive crocheter

Mmmmm... Yarn...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2007 11:26:59 PM »

that's so adorable!!!  you did a great job!  your daughter is so cute in her piggy pirate costume!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I make crafts and people. Also crafts for said people.
PinkWinterGirl
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2007 04:56:34 AM »

Amazing you are a genius! And it will keep her head warm too!

I was going to say... If you live up north, it solves that problem of being too cold for trick or treating!

Awesome project... I bet your daughter will be the best-costumed kid in her class!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Faux Boheme Productions - My filmmaking portfolio

Dr. Hedd and the Grim Reaper - The production site for my junior thesis film.

Dr. Hedd and the Grim Reaper - Official blog
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Basic Chicken Marinade
How to Cut Apart a Full Chicken
Chicken Meal Recipes
How to Make a Pork Roast
How to Make Stuffed Pork Chops
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...