A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,598
Currently Running With Scissors:
739 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: knitting needle and crochet hook roll-a-long (with tutorials)  (Read 14741 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2007 06:05:26 PM »

Thank you so much for starting this! And, a double thank you for posting links to tutorials!!

I had bought the Stitch N' Bitch book for the needle roll pattern because I had planned to make one for my SIL for Christmas. Then, I was going to give her the needle roll and the book. But, when I saw her knitting this weekend, she was using circular needles, and I didn't think to ask if she used straight needles. So, since I know she uses circulars, I'm going to make her one of those instead. So, in the next couple of weeks, I'll be posting a completed needle roll! Wink

And, all of the ones that you folks have completed so far are lovely and inspiring! Maybe when I'm done with my SIL's, I'll make myself a crochet hook roll...much needed it is!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
annamhudson
Love, Laugh, Live, Craft!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2007 08:45:53 PM »

They are all so pretty! WHat a nice job you did on them! I like the colors! I especially like the first color!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
**mandie**
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2007 09:18:10 AM »

ok.. I've been working on mine.  I should take some in progress pics... I want to embroider something on the outside.. so that is slowing me down.. I cut one of the pockets a little bit too small length wise but I guess that just means I need to sew bigger seams all the way around..?  I am really nervous about measuring and sewing the individual pockets because no matter how hard I try.. nothing I sew comes out straight!!  haha.. oh well.  Hopefully I will have it done soon!  CrochetAdikt you have put me to shame with 3 rolls!! sheesh! They are all wonderful  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CrochetAdikt

splish splash i was takin a bath

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2007 11:24:52 AM »

thank you for all the compliments and comments on my needle rolls and your welcome craftADDchick for posting the tutes. and yep mandie, if one of ur pockets is too small just do a bigger seam on the sides and it should be fine. no one will ever be able to tell the difference. i also made matching crochet hook books and i THINK i have a pic or two of them but i'm not entirely sure...some i forgot to take pics of b/f i wrapped them. oops! if i do have them, i'll post them soon. oh, and i made matching totes but totally forgot to take pics of those. Sad oh well. good luck with your needle rolls!

ok.. I've been working on mine.  I should take some in progress pics... I want to embroider something on the outside.. so that is slowing me down.. I cut one of the pockets a little bit too small length wise but I guess that just means I need to sew bigger seams all the way around..?  I am really nervous about measuring and sewing the individual pockets because no matter how hard I try.. nothing I sew comes out straight!!  haha.. oh well.  Hopefully I will have it done soon!  CrochetAdikt you have put me to shame with 3 rolls!! sheesh! They are all wonderful  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jrain
« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2007 05:15:56 PM »

Argh, it was so long ago since I signed up for this, I can't believe I haven't done it yet! Sad I do have the fabric and a reasonable idea of how I'm going to make my crochet hook case. My excuse is that I've been very busy this past month or so, but I believe I now have a date with my sewing machine this weekend. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

annamhudson
Love, Laugh, Live, Craft!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2007 08:54:58 PM »

That is ok we don't have deadlines! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #56 on: December 26, 2007 09:51:13 AM »

Well, it was down to the wire on this one! I finished it up, wrapped it and headed out for Christmas Eve. My SIL brought her knitting and an extra set of circular needles, so she was able to see how it worked right away. The needles in the packages fit in the lower set of pockets, but for the higher ones, they'll need to be taken out of the packages...

I used this tutorial listed in the first post: http://www.jenminnis.com/artblog/?p=152

I modified it a bit because I didn't want to quilt it or put on a bias binding. I also stitched everything to the inner panel first because I didn't want the stitch lines to show on the outside. And, instead of snaps, I used ribbon ties.

And, if you think the black fabric looks wonky, that's because it is! My machine decided it hated that fabric and would not stitch well on it at all. I had to use it, however, because I ran out of the music notes fabric (I only had a fat quarter) and finally used up the last big pieces of the red fabric. Of course, I used up the red fabric at an inopportune moment and had to use the hated black fabric to make up the last two pocket rows...

But, the rest of it came out great, I think! But, I'll let you decide... Wink

And now, I think I need to make a crochet hook roll for myself!

« Last Edit: April 25, 2010 01:35:07 PM by craftADDchick » THIS ROCKS   Logged

bruisedpeach22

But why is all the rum gone??

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #57 on: December 26, 2007 10:45:36 AM »

That looks great! Cute fabric Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

url]
Wist
blomsterböna
« Reply #58 on: December 26, 2007 12:55:46 PM »

It's lovely. Especially the ribbons. Well done! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #59 on: December 26, 2007 01:18:30 PM »

That looks great! Cute fabric Smiley
Thanks, my SIL is a musician as well as a knitter Smiley

It's lovely. Especially the ribbons. Well done! Smiley

Thanks! I love how the ribbons turned out, too! And, I hate sewing on snaps Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Give Your Wardrobe a Summer Makeover for Less
How to Get a Stylish Festival Wardrobe
How to Pack For a Weekend Beach Trip
Wacoal Bra Ad Gets A Guy Into A Push-Up Bra
How To Get The Stella McCartney Dress Look For Less
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...