A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 301,498
Currently Running With Scissors:
495 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: knitting needle and crochet hook roll-a-long (with tutorials)  (Read 17001 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CrochetAdikt

splish splash i was takin a bath

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2007 08:51:04 AM »

yay! i'm so excited we have more people now! yep thats basically what you do. you can take pics of ur fabric and your progress and post em or just post a finished project whichever you prefer. i will probably only post finished ones b/c i'm doing 3 needle rolls and 4 crochet hook rolls so thats a lot of pictures!! and each one has diff fabric and i just don't wanna do all the work of taking pics and posting. i'd rather just make it! Smiley

I wanna play!  I've made needle rolls before but none were as pretty as the one recently posted by ViciousEdge on the Purses/Handbags board.  It rocks!

I've never done a craftalong before.  Do we each just do our own thing and post during the process and show pics once we're finished?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

annamhudson
Love, Laugh, Live, Craft!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2007 08:06:14 PM »

I am going to make one for a swap. I have a question Huh i want to make one with more than one pocket. Do I sew the bottom one first and then the next and sew on? and when I do that does it affect the other pockets? I am so confussed and I haven't found one with the best pic tut. I check all of them out too! Thank for any help!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bruisedpeach22

But why is all the rum gone??

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2007 08:29:40 PM »

I believe you sew both at once. That's what I'm doing for mine, it has 2 pockets too
THIS ROCKS   Logged

url]
Wist
annamhudson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2007 08:32:37 PM »

Well this one I saw has different sized pockets. So I think I figured it out. You do the bottom layer in the 1 inch intervels, then the next layer you can do what ever like 2 inch. So you skip every other line. and the next layer can be 3 inches and you sew every three. Do the bottom one will have 3 layers of sewing. I hope this right. THis is what I am going to do!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bruisedpeach22

But why is all the rum gone??

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2007 08:35:58 PM »

I have no idea how to do different sized slots but your way sounds good. Don't forget to post pics in here Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

url]
Wist
CrochetAdikt

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2007 10:57:01 PM »

i just did mine tonight and i loosely followed the needle roll to end all needle rolls. i have 3 pockets on mine they're layered so a bit of each one sticks out and this is what i did...i figured out how wide of pockets i wanted on the bottom first then the second and then i did one inch pockets all across the top pocket. i did one inch increments for my lines. the tute said to letter the lines a-o i drew on the fabric (w/ removable ink of course!) so i folded back the two lower pockets and sewed lines a,c,e, and g only on the top pocket. then i flipped the second pocket back up and sewed lines i,k,l and n from the top of the top pocket to the bottom of pocket #2. then i flipped up the third pocket and sewed from the tippy top of the first pocket to the bottom of the roll lines b,d,f,h,j,m, and o. if you draw out what i said on paper...it makes more sense...i had to do it after reading the tute. anyways, if you have more questions feel free ta ask! i hope i didn't confuse the hell outta ya either...

I am going to make one for a swap. I have a question Huh i want to make one with more than one pocket. Do I sew the bottom one first and then the next and sew on? and when I do that does it affect the other pockets? I am so confussed and I haven't found one with the best pic tut. I check all of them out too! Thank for any help!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

annamhudson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2007 11:54:41 PM »

did you sew the pockets seperately then add them together or did you sew them on top of each other?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CrochetAdikt

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2007 05:33:30 PM »

i sewed them at different heights onto the inside fabric. the only pocket of mine thats even with the bottom of the roll is the bottom pocket. the second one is about an inch and a half above and the 3rd is 2 inches above the bottom. but since the last part is to sew on the outside fabric, you won't see any of the lines going across. i also made my roll a little taller than the needle roll to end all needle rolls which is why i staggered the pockets the way i did.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007 07:55:34 PM by CrochetAdikt » THIS ROCKS   Logged

annamhudson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2007 10:16:34 AM »

Ok that makes sense. Maybe you could post a few pics for us!! I am visual person!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CrochetAdikt

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2007 04:30:08 PM »

i will be working on them tonight so i will try and take pics w/ each step. i won't be able to get them posted until tomorrow however if thats ok.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Dangerous Chemicals Hidden in Your Makeup
Celebrity Makeup Tips: Plastic Surgery Without a Knife
Does That Beauty Product Really Do What It Says?
3 Easy Eyeliner Tips
Football Themed Manicures
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decorative Bulletin Board
Rain, rain, you don't have to go away...
Tute Tuesday: Latch Hooked Rag Rug

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...