A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,603
Currently Running With Scissors:
663 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Home away from Home - crafty camping - 2009  (Read 699 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

espressogal
« on: December 16, 2008 04:32:45 AM »

This might only be in season in the southern hemisphere but I'm really excited about crafting up some snazzy camping gear and furnishings for our new camper-trailer (trailer tent). To us, it is the Taj Mahal and very, very exciting. I know I have to do something to make it more comfy though (and brighten up the stretches of utilarian brown/tan).

Here are some of my ideas (some so overly ambitious it's not funny):
 - Utensil roll/bag
 - Food Safe (I'll post picture/plan later) for keeping insects/fur kids out of food
 - Dilly bags & Duffle bags for packing loose cookware/gear etc
 - Dish cloths
 - Tea towels
 - Camp Kitchen furniture (eg folding/hanging cupboards)
 - Quillow/Quilt
 - Travel pillows
 - Rag rug
 - Lounging chairs/pillows
 - Water bottle cosy/carriers
 - Waterproof ponchos
 - Back pack for short hikes
 - Music stools/stands
 - Journal (for all the amazing & not so amazing places to stay/explore)
 - Cookbook for camp recipes

All of these would need to be able to packed/stored in a fairly limited space but not as limited as a backpack...

Anyone else interested? It could be fun Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
feelix

I love Crazy!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008 03:20:08 PM »

I would be interested.. but not in making items for me... for my in-laws... they love to camp but I have no idea what one needs or does when camping.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm back from a long break. WOOT!
selkie

Duct tape and zipties will fix EVERYTHING!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008 06:11:29 AM »

We have a 1985 camper - decorated in the browns of the 80's. My husband is pretty hard-core. We're in the USA and going camping for New Year's Eve.
I need to finish the new curtains, 23 year-old rubber or whatever lined curtains are really disgusting. I bought two nylon shower curtains and need to hem them. That's been a UFO for close to a year.
I also want to make new covers for the foam pads from denim. I have most of the necessary fabric. I'll take the old ones off and use them for a pattern and hopefully I can reuse the zippers. I was hoping to repurpose jeans, but that is more work than I want to bother with.
DH wants to paint the interior and put in laminate flooring to replace the ugly tiles.
If your camper has an icebox ( I don't know how old it is) that's what we use for our food.
We're trying to do the journal, more to record campsites we like and would like to reserve the next time we go to the same place.
In the US there is a National Park Stamp program, everytime you camp at one, you can get a stamp to put in your journal.

Selkie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Power is strength and the ability to see yourself through your own eyes and not through the eyes of another. It is being able to place a circle of power at your own feet and not take power from someone else's circle.

Agnes Whistling Elk
espressogal
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2008 04:22:27 AM »

selkie - I'd love to see your curtains & cushions when you get done. We're going camping for new years also - its summer in oz though and so we're hoping our camp site is not too crazy busy with other campers. We're stuck in the dome tent because delivery of the taj mahal was delayed. It should be good fun still though and I can see what gets bumped to the top of the must-do crafting list with the first outing of some of our new gear.
feelix - I'm going to try and post tutes with a few of my projects because I've not had a lot of luck googling for instructions for some ideas - or at least some good photos/plans if the instructions are pretty obvious. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Organized and Scary Halloween Workstation
How to Make Spooky Halloween Eyes
How to Make Reflective Candy Bags for Halloween
How to Make Glue Stick Spiderwebs for Halloween
How to Make Halloween Costumes from Everyday Items
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...