A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 306,093
Currently Running With Scissors:
405 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 107
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "_____ in a box" gift ideas.  (Read 251761 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

NJcrafter
« Reply #430 on: November 28, 2005 07:45:07 PM »

OMG I need some help... But this post is soooooooooooo  great.  Ok i need some ideas for..
Hubby in a box.
Dungeons and dragons in a box
Football fan in a box
Step-dad in a box
Alice in wonderland in a box
and
Daddy in a box.....  from our 4 month old to my husband
THIS ROCKS   Logged
korenie
« Reply #431 on: November 29, 2005 08:24:51 AM »

There are some awesome ideas here, I now find myself searching out boxes wherever I can!
I am making one for my younger sister (she's 16) and I was thinking about doing a "Small Town Survival Kit"
I am kinda drawing a blank outside of a map to all the places she wants to visit... any help would be greatly appreciated!  Smiley
Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pink_princess
« Reply #432 on: November 29, 2005 03:04:16 PM »

There are some awesome ideas here, I now find myself searching out boxes wherever I can!

Me too! I HATE throwing things out, I drive my mum mad by pestering for boxes and jars etc!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ducky go down the hooooole!
IvyClimbing
« Reply #433 on: December 02, 2005 05:46:03 PM »

These are just such great ideas, i'm incredibly inspiered. I want to make one of those for my friend this Christmas. Since we've gone into highschool she's turned into such a girly girl but in the cutest way ever, you just awnt to pinch her cheeks. It's going to be, "I'm a hot princess diva and i know it in a box". Well, you get the gist. I was thinking:

-Lipgloss
-Mirror
-Tiny hairbrush
-Big sunglasses
-Nailpolish

And that's all I have because I'm a loser and very uncreative. Any ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftnovice
« Reply #434 on: December 03, 2005 09:20:36 AM »

IvyClimbing - what a cute idea! Maybe some aromatherapy candles, fave sweeties (in case she gets Diva-esque demands!!), something princesssy like a mini-tiara charm or keyring?

I am wanting to make ___in a box  -es for my friends this Christmas. Thought maybe somebody might have some inspiration for me! 

All good friends from school, all gals.

Friend 1: 21, quirky type, very political/environmental/anti-bush type, very into her causes you might say, veggie, likes tudors(!), tv shows like Veronica Mars (yeah!), animals, a bit lonely at Uni thanks to loser housemates so something to reminder her she is loved. I like the 'veggie in a box' idea though!

Friend 2: 20, just passed her drivers test, likes to party, drink, flirt etc. but very down to earth type, just likes to have a good time! was going to get her a small wind up pink car, maybe a mini-bottle of alcohol.

Friend 3: 20, likes outdoors/sports/etc., but has been injured lately, travel related gift? studies Geography and French, likes music and gigs.

Friend 4: 21, likes tennis (wathcing, more than playing!), going through a rough time with ill mother, into scif-fi/fantasy movies and trashy crime novels in a big way. studying history/law.

So, a mixed bunch really! Im going to put in sweets and small christmassy things for all of them, but any good ideas for little personal things for these interests? Might also bake cookies for them all, but i want to personalise the boxes.

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
owalkerjillo

Ve**ns rule :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #435 on: December 03, 2005 04:25:37 PM »

what about for the geogoraphy/french liking friend something along the lines of France in a box? maybe like a little eiffle tower and a book of sights to see in France and a little pocket French Dictionary with some recipie cards made out with some French foods
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftnovice
« Reply #436 on: December 04, 2005 11:36:49 AM »

owalkerjillo - i like that idea a lot, not sure what part I'll use but def something French/travelly! I was thinking of doing some kind of map-related craft...*goes off to search*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
todiexisgain
« Reply #437 on: December 05, 2005 11:59:04 AM »

My best friend recently discovered Rent (the movie.. sadly, she's never seen the musical).. what would be good for a "rent in a box" theme?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cowgirl

I get lazy sometimes...

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: December 05, 2005 04:37:16 PM »

My best friend recently discovered Rent (the movie.. sadly, she's never seen the musical).. what would be good for a "rent in a box" theme?

if it think about it i'll think of a lot more, but of course
~the soundtrack to either the movie or the broadway show although she probaly already has one
~something like MAC Viva la Glam that donates the money to aids orginizations. This donates half to charity, but is pricey. http://www.saleshound.com/saleshound/listing_detail.asp?ListingID=-2096116485&OfferID=&StoreID=2361581
« Last Edit: December 05, 2005 04:46:06 PM by cowgirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged
cowgirl

I get lazy sometimes...

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: December 05, 2005 04:41:32 PM »

I did a "Ninja in a box" for my sister. Although I guess it is actually "out of the box". In it I put a shirt that says, "Have you noticed I'm a NINJA", a little plastic ninja that she "adopted" with information about it which says
Thank you for adopting a ninja!
You ninja has special needs and needs to be taken care of! Learn about it from the info below.
Name: Yoichiro Sakamoto
Sex: Male
Age: Old enough to be a very wise ninja. You do the math.
Weight: Light enough to be agile, but heavy enough to be strong.
Ninja move of choice: not telling
Likes: Being talked to, learning new ninja moves, birthday parties in which he gets to smack pinatas shaped as Samaires, travel, mystery
Dislikes: Being taken out of his bubble, light colors, being mistaken for just another plastic toy, having his window in his ninja room being scratched, having his ninja room fall over
Biggest wish: Getting to travel the world with a ninja loving companion
Biggest fear: Being left behind at security when traveling if they think ninjas are not trustworthy on airplanes
and also a Ninja Capult from Archie Mcphee. Excuse the unicorn card and figurines, she is also into unicorns.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011 12:15:53 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 107 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Mixed Media Fun
July 27, 2016 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Making Pom Poms

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...