A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 298,712
Currently Running With Scissors:
600 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 107
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "_____ in a box" gift ideas.  (Read 215779 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

NynaeveAS

I'm pretty enough for both of us.

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 16, 2005 04:42:52 PM »

Any ideas for Kitchen in a Box for someone who already has the basics?  I'm not thinking pick a recipe and get the stuff to make it but more along the lines of kitchen gadgets that you wouldn't normally buy for yourself but once you have them, you can't live without them.  I picked up a cheese grated like the waiters in Italian restuarants often use and made a funky apron from a sun dress pattern.  Any other ideas to go with?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
moonshire

if you're going to san francisco...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #251 on: May 16, 2005 08:39:06 PM »

chef'n makes some cool stuff i couldnt live without... such as the pepper/salt grinders.. i have the dual one.. and love it.. something a little differnt.. but still useful for most people i think.. and really easy to use..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Would you not like to be?  -DMB
http://seaddlebags.blogspot.com/
fcukluva
« Reply #252 on: May 17, 2005 12:09:06 PM »

Heyyy
Well i haven't read ALL of the threads so i'm not sure whether something like this has been posted before.. Sorry if it has.
Right well i have this extremely cool friend of mine. She's 15 (nearly 16) and she's really nice and basically just a really good best friend. And I wanna let her know how much i appreciate her. So I decided to make her one of these boxes. Thing is she's not really into pampering that much or anything, so bubble bath is out of the question really. However she's not a tomboy, she likes girlie stuff just not really pampering stuff. And she has a serious boyfriend as well, so it can't be anything to do with night outs after guys or anything!! So any ideas on that would be fab!!!
And also; i have a really cool emo/punk/rock friend (a girl) and i wanna make her one too, does anyone have any ideas on what to include in that either??
Thanks very much Cheesy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GreenWhimsy

My hosiery is bunching!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #253 on: May 17, 2005 02:55:01 PM »

highschool in a box!

I have a friend who's graduation is coming up and I think this might be a cool idea for a gift and a token of our time togrther at school.

the box could be covered with an old text book cover and made to look authentic.

the inside would be covered in higschool photo and would include:
1. some junky snacks from the school commons area.
2. some loose tacks to remind her of our treacherous hallways (we go to an arts school, with tacks and other sharp objects all over the place).
3. stationary made from over-doodled geometry papers, passes to the library.
that's all I've got, so far.

Any ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sedrasmom
« Reply #254 on: May 17, 2005 11:47:28 PM »

I'm putting together a "box in a box" gift for my feminist friend's 40th birthday. I stenciled a "Pussy Power" t-shirt, crocheted a cigarette purse that subtly or maybe not so subtly looks like her crotch (similar to at crochetmycrotch.com but I used a decorative loopy edging pattern for the hair instead of buying blonde-looking eyelash just for this) and I threw in a book that isn't really related but whatever, it's a book she'll like, Anne Lamott.  I'm thinking of also buying or making her some cherry turnovers for the occasion. She is going to pee her pants when she sees this. I get the feeling for some odd reason she thinks I'm tame. 

Monica
« Last Edit: May 17, 2005 11:49:13 PM by sedrasmom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you never did, you should. These things are fun and fun is good!" - Dr. Seuss
brena80

She isn't real... I can't make her real

View Profile WWW
« Reply #255 on: May 18, 2005 12:59:23 PM »

For the high school in a box, maybe something in the school colors or something involving the mascot.   Maybe a fake/funny exam or you could make up some trivia questions about your school.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GreenWhimsy

My hosiery is bunching!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #256 on: May 18, 2005 01:02:06 PM »

For the high school in a box, maybe something in the school colors or something involving the mascot.   Maybe a fake/funny exam or you could make up some trivia questions about your school.

I really like the fake exam idea! Grin
My school isn't really like others, though, in the way that people are aware of things like school colors and teams. I'm pretty sure we don't have a real mascot.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
JaneGtar
« Reply #257 on: May 18, 2005 01:59:31 PM »

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but do any of you have any ideas for um.. "robots" in a box? 

I've decided that I could make a stenciled shirt, and a felt monster type of thing.  Um.. if any of you know of a site where I could find images of robots, that would be much appreciated!

I'm going to do some searching right now too Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i <3 j... and penguins!

my spot on the web: http://www.geocites.com/penguininthesun
lady4feet
« Reply #258 on: May 18, 2005 08:51:51 PM »

I don't know what type of robots you're looking for but what about movie robots? There is the recent cartoon Robots and I-Robot last year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alirocksyouhard
« Reply #259 on: May 28, 2005 12:01:10 AM »

What about Graduation in a Box?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 107 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 Tutorial
What Is White Balance?
What Does THX Mean?
How to Make a Video
Last-Minute Preproduction
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...