A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 298,100
Currently Running With Scissors:
671 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 107
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "_____ in a box" gift ideas.  (Read 213205 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

that13 gurl13

I Love My Teddy!!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1000 on: August 17, 2008 12:52:55 PM »

So my mom is turnign forty in about a month and I want to make a forty in a box. I was thinking about goignt o spencer's and buying like the 40 over the hill stuff.. like the mug that says 40 and a shot glass that says "F*ck 40" and happy pills and this book called what you didn't know about turnign forty or something liek that... anyone else have any ideas of what to put in it. thansk!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"'Oh sweet Jesus, a boob! She's making a BOOB!!!'" --InkFaery
"...with every good bye you learn"

"as long as Im alive, imma live illegal" ~ Sublime
Tickle_Me_Pink
« Reply #1001 on: October 17, 2008 07:19:56 AM »

For my mom, I'm making Reading in a Box. So far I have these as ideas:

- homemade bookmarks
- giftcard to Barnes Noble/ books

I can't think of anything else though!? Help, please Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3
PimpernelSmith
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm sooo over due to get over an ocean...*waves at far away places*

Jack of all Crafts -- Master of None

View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: October 17, 2008 09:52:54 PM »

For my mom, I'm making Reading in a Box. So far I have these as ideas:

- homemade bookmarks
- giftcard to Barnes Noble/ books

I can't think of anything else though!? Help, please Smiley

-- A book light
--A special throw blanket to keep her warm as she reads
--If she likes a particular genre or authors, go to The Internet Booklist and print out complete lists of series and present them as a small booklet so she can keep track of what she wants.

http://www.iblist.com/

-- Fingerless gloves to keep hands warm while allowing her to turn pages.
-- Record her a special voice mail/machine message to use while reading so that she does not have to answer the phone....

(  Smiley You appear to be post number 1001, btw! I like that for some reason... Wink)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.Dave Barry
maddymoiselle
« Reply #1003 on: October 30, 2008 09:33:30 PM »

After my sister graduated high school I compiled a College in a Box gift for her before she moved out. I got a big make-up organizer box and stuck little gifts into each of the drawers.
-first aid kit for little accidents
-ear plugs for noisy roommates
-hangover pills for wild nights
-socks for cold winters
-condoms for... condoms
-a precision screwdriver set for fixing her laptop
-a little flashlight for dark paths
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cloudy.day
« Reply #1004 on: November 04, 2008 10:29:05 AM »

So I read through 73 pages of this thread, but I haven't quite found what I'm looking for...  Undecided

My best guy friend is turning 17 soon, and I want to make him a "_____ in a box." I just have no idea as to a theme or what to put in it.

He's a Boy Scout
His favorite colors are green and blue
He's into sports (I know he plays football and soccer, but I think he likes most of them)
He likes:
books (Eragon is his favorite)

movies (comedies, war movies, and "good" movies)

video games

camping

music (any kind but country)

I posted another thread http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=276815.0 a few days ago (it may provide you with a little more info). I wasn't getting a response, so I figured I would try here.

Any ideas?

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Smileawaythethunder
« Reply #1005 on: November 11, 2008 04:01:37 AM »

Don't have time to look through the whole thread, so apologies if this has been done before, but phantom in a box? (stocking)

My friend is especially into Gerard Butler ( Wink) so i figured maybe a stuffie of him...
She has all the various soundtracks and dvds, so that's out...

I'm not a massive phantom fan, so... yeah. A bit stuck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cheesedip

Llama? Hmmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: November 15, 2008 10:32:57 AM »

Smileawaythethunder, how about a mask? you could make one out of paper mache, or cut one of those plain white ones for decorating in half. you could put in a rose.. anything costumey or to do with the opera, i suppose!

i'm here for ideas for my Mum in a box. she's been so wonderful and supportive while i've moved away, and i want to show her how grateful i am. so far i've thought of/bought:

perfect skin - Lloyd Cole and the Commotions CD.
cooking - no idea. possibly something funny like a garlic card.
wine - no idea, again. tiny wine-lover gift? she is not a wineglass-charm or decorated glass sort of lady.   
reading - a book, though i need to choose one.
coffee - chocolate coated coffee beans. 
Newcastle Upon Tyne - hm. i'm thinking a little book of photographs, or some postcards.
elegance (i'm a suck-up) - no idea. maybe earrings, but people buy her earrings for every occasion.
teaching - maybe some 'well done' stickers.
us! - thinking a dorky little family photo with me, my bro, and my stepdad.

it would help if the items were small, since i'll have to take all my presents home in a suitcase. and they need to fit in the box, of course. she doesn't really do decorative or gaudy, so it'd be great if they were edible or practical. any help would be great. thankyou!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts."
- G. B. Burgin
manta.panda
« Reply #1007 on: November 15, 2008 10:58:56 AM »

I tried reading through all these post but only got to page 24 so not sure if this is already posted or not but I thought I would really like to make a Box for my boyfried for Christmas.

He is into 80's music, Ratt, Skid Row, Quite Riot,

He loves the Books: Outsiders, Tex and all those by S.E. Hinton

I think he wishes he was back in the day he wears a leather jacket and wants to get a jean jacket to cut the sleves off to wear over top of it. I was going to try to find one to include in the box.

So basicly I wanted to do something that had to do with that

Maybe "
"Gresser in a Box"
"80's in a Box" I saw they posted this but it was mostly girly things
"Hair Band in a Box"?

I need help on what to call it and what to put inside hope you guys can help me out.  Grin

I will add some more things If I can think of anything else he likes..

Ok I decided I really wanted to go witht he greaser in a box idea! To be honest I don't really remeber alot about the book "The Outsiders" so if anyone does remember it and has idea please let me know.

This I have came up with
-Comb
-Pomade (Or Hair Product)
-Favorite Model Car (Because Greasers like cars)
-Fake Tatoos
-Knife

I was also thinking of dressing up like one of the characters and giving him a photo of me or dress as a girl greaser not sure how to do this though..

So please help me out if you guys have anymore ideas!  Grin
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008 12:12:21 PM by manta.panda » THIS ROCKS   Logged
elvissatx
Bad Girl Upset By The Truth

Ruby, my smart fortwo cabriolet

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1008 on: November 15, 2008 11:30:57 AM »

perfect skin - Lloyd Cole and the Commotions CD.
cooking - no idea. possibly something funny like a garlic card.
wine - no idea, again. tiny wine-lover gift? she is not a wineglass-charm or decorated glass sort of lady.   
[/quote

For cooking, perhaps some super-cool utensil?  If she's into garlic, maybe a garlic press?  Or one year I bought my father, who is a big cook, several different gourmet salts-- pink from the Himalayas, orange from Hawaii, French Fleur de Sel.  That present was a big hit.

For wine, a wine journal so she can keep track of what she's enjoyed drinking?  Or if she travels, a small corkscrew to keep in her suitcase?  I have one in every suitcase that I own so I never have to remember to pack one.  Or if you want to spend a little more money, maybe a gift subscription to some wine magazine.

And I just wanted to compliment you on your choice of music.  Lloyd Cole is one of my all time favorite artists (oh dear-- I'm probably as old as your mother.  I bought Rattlesnakes the day it got released in the U.S.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cool!  I made the Best of 2009 twice!   Check 'em out! 

Yo-Yo Dress of Doom http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=299010.0

Smart Santa Hat http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=330595.0
cheesedip

Llama? Hmmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: November 15, 2008 01:29:04 PM »

For cooking, perhaps some super-cool utensil?  If she's into garlic, maybe a garlic press?  Or one year I bought my father, who is a big cook, several different gourmet salts-- pink from the Himalayas, orange from Hawaii, French Fleur de Sel.  That present was a big hit.

For wine, a wine journal so she can keep track of what she's enjoyed drinking?  Or if she travels, a small corkscrew to keep in her suitcase?  I have one in every suitcase that I own so I never have to remember to pack one.  Or if you want to spend a little more money, maybe a gift subscription to some wine magazine.

And I just wanted to compliment you on your choice of music.  Lloyd Cole is one of my all time favorite artists (oh dear-- I'm probably as old as your mother.  I bought Rattlesnakes the day it got released in the U.S.)

thankyou for the suggestions, elvissatx! i like the idea of different salts. my mum and dad both love lloyd cole, and i've just discovered him too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts."
- G. B. Burgin
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 107 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hairapy Ep 102: Sandy
Hairapy Ep 101: Betsy
The New Pompadour Bridal Hairstyle
The Hunger Games Inspired Dutch Braid
Nicole Pearl, The Beauty Girl; At-Home Hair Color Review
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...