A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,222
Currently Running With Scissors:
478 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 107
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "_____ in a box" gift ideas.  (Read 211691 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

justxlove
« Reply #180 on: March 18, 2005 05:18:28 PM »

Yeah, that was just the first thing I thought of.  Maybe a manicure set complete with a bottle of black nail polish?  To keep the nails appropriately groomed for the guitar while keeping some gothic flare.

Since she's turning sixteen, she'll probably be driving soon?  Maybe a gas card or something related?

Or...some sketchbooks or journals, since quiet people need to express themselves, too!

I was thinking nail polish too. I don't know if she's really into journaling or anything...could be I just don't know it. She has a car already but I don't think she'll be driving soon since she failed drivers ed, lol. Yeah, sad I know.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sure shes got everything ive got gadgets and gizmos  of plenty ive got whozits and whatzits galore you want thingamabobs ive got twenty but who cares no big deal i want more
Dragonmaid
« Reply #181 on: March 20, 2005 10:36:35 AM »

80's in a Box:
an 80's compilation cd, or burned cd of 80's music
legwarmers
a poster of Madonna (how she looked in the 80's) or another 80's icon
the dvd 13 going on 30 or Clueless

Valley Girl in a box
the dvd of Clueless
a hair ribbon
a pack of gum
a mini skirt
platinum blonde hair dye

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When life gives you lemons...throw them at people!"
"When life gives you lemons, hey, free lemons!"
"When life gives you lemon, make sour lemonade"
lucid501
« Reply #182 on: March 20, 2005 11:22:11 AM »

I have a friend who is moving to Florida in a few weeks (we live in Ohio) and I think something like this would be perfect for her! I don't really know what theme would work best yet, but I am thinking filling it with stuff to remind her of home for when she gets homesick might be nice...Maybe I should go on a scavenger hunt getting little trinkets from around town or something...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dragonmaid
« Reply #183 on: March 20, 2005 11:39:13 AM »

I have a friend who is moving to Florida in a few weeks (we live in Ohio) and I think something like this would be perfect for her! I don't really know what theme would work best yet, but I am thinking filling it with stuff to remind her of home for when she gets homesick might be nice...Maybe I should go on a scavenger hunt getting little trinkets from around town or something...

Burn a cd of songs by the ohio players, or songs that have to do with ohio such as Ohio by crosby stills and nash, or that song Get your Ass to Cleaveland, some rocks from Lake Eerie,

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When life gives you lemons...throw them at people!"
"When life gives you lemons, hey, free lemons!"
"When life gives you lemon, make sour lemonade"
miffy
« Reply #184 on: March 20, 2005 12:27:54 PM »

Those are great suggestions.   In your case, did it make it seem like you cared more than you should?  I don't want her to give him the impression that she misses him, just that he sucks.  Wink

He kinda knew that I didn't miss him. There was a lot of hostility around that time between us (while we were going out, I was sick for a week and didn't go to school and he started spreading lovely rumors about me while I was gone) and I broke up with him for my current boyfriend. The whole thing was a "let's-eliminate-you-from-my-life-entirely-and-move-on-to-better-things" box. If you wanted, you could even include like... a letter saying "hey, thanks for the awful time but now that we're done, stuff's been great and I'm better off now than I was before." or something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
adultramblings
« Reply #185 on: March 20, 2005 01:54:19 PM »

I love this idea!  I think I'm going to do the road trip/vacation in a box idea for my parents.  I also thought of Maine in a box (they love to go to Maine, we live in MA):

Maine map, guidebooks, books about Maine or novels taking place in Maine
a guidebook to the lighthouses of Maine
Maine postcards
GC to the Maine diner
GC to several antique stores that they like

And I thought of making some lighthousey things to add to the box, not really sure what but I still have time....

We usually do a theme for my parents every year, usually a holiday other than Christmas or any other we've done in the past.  We include hand made items, stuff we've bought at antique stores/yard sales/auctions, new stuff, etc etc.  Last year we did patriotic stuff...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
weaselfeet
Wretched arthritis seems to be starting - unless you can get carpal tunnel symptoms in your fingers.

Can I PLEASE take it with me?

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 20, 2005 08:50:54 PM »

Hey guys, thanks for all the FANTASTIC ideas on here!  Wow, has this saved me a TON of money!  But I've still got a problem.  I've got a veeerry politically minded friend, and I want to make him a "President in a box"
But I need ideas!  I'm thinking of making him a bumper sticker that says "Stich '08"  (his last name)  but I'm not sure what else to add to it.  I'm not sure if he likes any past presidents, but I do know that he dislikes Bush.  A lot.  Sorry all you republicans!   So I'm thinking of a Bushisms calendar and stuff.  Not sure.  Any help is appreciated. 
    Also, I've got a friend whose redneck.  To the max.  I mean, Carrhart, Blue Collar Comedy Tour, living on a farm, the whooole bit.  And I wanna get her something in a box.  I'm thinking Blue Collar in a box, or else something for her 1989 TAHOE!  Which she bought with money she earned milking cows.    Hah, shes the best.  So I need some other ideas for that box.   If anyone wants to add more about anymore in the box ideas, go for it! 
Thanks ya'll

Definitely the Jeff Foxworthy "You Might Be a Redneck..." books and albums, probably on tape for her truck since it's an 89. Maybe a Dukes of Hazzard DVD set, like a certain season or something...a pair of Daisy Dukes, a straw hat, plaid button down t-shirt.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In the fight between you and the world, back the world. ~ Frank Zappa

How can I phrase this diplomatically without a lawsuit coming... ah screw it. ~Stein
FarAboveRubies

Proverbs 31:10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: March 21, 2005 06:57:07 AM »

dumb question - what kind of box do you use, and where do you get it?
I've been looking for a "gift box" type box.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies...
she seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.'

visit my knitblog: www.faraboverubies31.blogspot.com
crazy_bc_jen
« Reply #188 on: March 21, 2005 12:14:31 PM »

I've mainly used shoe boxes and similar for these type of gifts.  They are easy to decorate, and they are a nice size.

Don't want to go buy shoes?  I stopped by my local shoe store and asked, and they gave me as many empty shoe boxes as I could carry.  Apparently lots of people leave them behind, and the shoe store doesn't have anything to do with them, so they just save them up waiting for crafty folks like us to come ask.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
miffy
« Reply #189 on: March 21, 2005 07:21:14 PM »

dumb question - what kind of box do you use, and where do you get it?
I've been looking for a "gift box" type box.

containerstore.com = love.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 107 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Light a Portrait
How to Light a Still Life
How to Choose Your Virtual Film Speed
How to Choose Your Shutter Speed
Recipe Photo Shoot
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...