A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,560
Currently Running With Scissors:
745 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 107
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "_____ in a box" gift ideas.  (Read 210043 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kylieultra
hippopotophile

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 17, 2004 09:44:30 AM »

Ok, so my dad and I have a running thing going as my nickname for him is 'Monkey' or 'Monkeyhead'. So, as a half joke gift, I'm gonna give him a monkey in the box.

What should I put in a 'monkey in a box' gift!!?

So far I have decided:

A nice monkey statue with an engraved message
Banana lollies
A fine tooth comb for monkey nit-picking Tongue
A monkey mix CD Cheesy

Can you think of anything else!?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2004 09:48:56 AM by kylieultra » THIS ROCKS   Logged
crazy_bc_jen
« Reply #101 on: December 17, 2004 12:23:28 PM »

Okay.. monkeys..

- Monkeys in a barrel game - that one where you have to pick up monkeys with other monkeys and make a chain.  I've seen it at my local dollar store, so you can get it cheap.
- The bananas out of a package of Runts?
- A cheezy framed photo of a monkey 'grinning' - perhaps a girlfriend monkey?
- A stuffed monkey made of felt - they're super easy to make
- A CD case for the monkey mix CD with a monkey on the cover
- A book on monkeys
- A blank book with a monkey on the cover (make it yourself)
- If you have access to clay and a kiln, a ceramic monkey made of pinch pots is super easy - I made one for a friend once - an upside down pinchpot for the body, a sideways pinch pot for a big mouth (rim makes lips), another upside down pinch pot to form the rest of the head, two tiny pinch pots for ears, and a coil tail
- banana bread or banana muffins, if you bake
- a bottle of shampoo relabeled to be monkey shampoo?

Okay, maybe I'm starting to grasp at straws... hope this helps
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cowgirl

I get lazy sometimes...

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 17, 2004 04:34:27 PM »

Ok, so my dad and I have a running thing going as my nickname for him is 'Monkey' or 'Monkeyhead'. So, as a half joke gift, I'm gonna give him a monkey in the box.

What should I put in a 'monkey in a box' gift!!?

So far I have decided:

A nice monkey statue with an engraved message
Banana lollies
A fine tooth comb for monkey nit-picking Tongue
A monkey mix CD Cheesy

Can you think of anything else!?

I've bought my brother an air freshener that had a picture of a smoking monkey on it. You could buy a normal air freshner and glue a picture of a smoking monkey on it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
edge_of_heaven
« Reply #103 on: December 18, 2004 03:31:07 PM »

Wow....I guess my gift problems have finally been solved!  Cheesy

Even though we've been best friends for... *counts* 5 years, I never know exactly what to buy/make for my friend. She's really into basketball though (on the varsity team...... woo!  Tongue Grin) so I might make her a "B-Ball Star in a Box."

It could include:

+  Basketball-shaped chocolate balls
+  A book about basketball or famous players
+  Gatorade
+  Basketball-shaped pillow
+  Gift certificate towards Foot Locker
+  Basketball charm/pendant
+  CD with "pumping-up" beats to listen to before games
+    Huh Undecided Huh  any other ideas??  Undecided Huh Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
superXfiction
« Reply #104 on: December 18, 2004 06:06:47 PM »

My best friend is going to study to be a vet tech...AND I thought it would be awesome as hell to make a "Vet-tech in a box" number for her.

Ideas so far:
-Simplicity pattern scrubs..awesome fabric
-stenciled tank with red cross and kitty
-stethiscope(sp)
-stuffed kitty with bandage or something..
any ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thecatspajamas18
« Reply #105 on: December 18, 2004 07:35:30 PM »

What about Pet-In-a-Box? Create some little creature, maybe a rock with google eyes and some yarn fur..? Decide what this creature must eat- a little container of M&M's, or Cheerios? Then a little teeny bed for the "pet", and a booklet of how to care for it and information about it, and whatever else your imagination may dream up for this "pet".
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CaptainRiley
Dirty Pirate

Methinks it is like a woozle.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: December 18, 2004 08:23:29 PM »

Vet-tech in a box:

You could make a bag, line it with more of the cool scrubs fabric, and stencil the same design as on the tank: voila, she's got a bag that matches her work outfit and her dayclothes!  Also, you could go for some jewelry with a pet theme: I stick "cat bead" into www.firemountaingem s.com and I get... well, actually, a lot of cat's eye type beads, but a good number of beads with a cat theme (and I've still got a good many pages of "cat bead" results to flip through).  Bird bead pulls up more, dog bead... doesn't, but I'm not really looking in-depth.

Almost every time I've worked with animals (rescue work, not vet), I've needed band aids.  Perhaps a more experienced vet would be better at avoiding scratches from panicked animals and the like, but she's only a vet in training.  Smiley  Maybe a little first aid kit (in an altoids tin or a MnM's minis tube) would be cute?

As for the basketball one, it might be cool to make her a purse or bag of some sort in the shape of a basketball (or her team colors) to hold all the rest of the stuff.   You could even try cutting up an old, deflated basketball for the cause, though you'd need an industrial-type machine to sew it.  Hmm.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thecatspajamas18
« Reply #107 on: December 18, 2004 09:18:46 PM »

yeah, good idea for putting the bandaids in the vet tech in a box. i work at a vets office, and i get scratched a lot by nervous kitties!  Maybe u could even put some catnip or dogtreats in there, for her to give to the patients? Oh- and a cat ear hat never goes wrong! Or a bottle of candies, but put a fake label over i that says pills for "Cat Scratch Fever". hehe
THIS ROCKS   Logged
superXfiction
« Reply #108 on: December 18, 2004 09:29:02 PM »

wow. thanks all those ideas are great for my vet tech box, if she one day decides not to be a vet tech, I'm stealing this box back...never know when you'll need medicine for cat scratch fever Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
recyclednew
« Reply #109 on: December 19, 2004 08:14:08 AM »

What would you put in a "girlfriend in a box"?
A photo of someone famous (like britany Spears, if they have a crush on her), a lillte bottle of perfume (or spray the box so it smells pretty), some love letters and poems, a velentine, a mixed CD with love songs, maybe some hair things and make up (so they can be left out on the dresser or in the bathroom), a cute little pink pillow...anything that would give the appearance of a girlfriend being there...and a movie like Jerry Mcguire! (I love that movie!) And some napkins (most girls use napkins!) and some wine glasses! A silk rose would be a nice touch! And some cute panties to leave on the floor! (yes, my girlfriend always leaves such a mess...and she never picks up he panties from the night before!)  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

art is a drug in which i cannot live without!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 107 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Finish the Whipped Potatoes
Beginning Meatloaf Gravy
Cutting and Cooking Whipped Potatoes
Adding Tomato Glaze to the Meatloaf
How to make Tomato Glaze
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...