A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 302,602
Currently Running With Scissors:
729 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 107
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "_____ in a box" gift ideas.  (Read 210230 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

vintageoceaner

you and i misbehaving

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2004 07:13:49 AM »

these 'in a box' ideas are so fab!!! I am at a loss on what to make my cousin and my best friend though... My best friend loves Minnesota, Football, 80's music... So I think I am going to do possibly 80's in a box?? As for my cousin, I have no clue whatsoever.
Aha! I also conjured up this idea last night, so pardon me if its stupid, it was however 2am so my brain was like pshhht dead. ok... "breakup in a box" or something like that, filled with:
*tissues
*a chic flick (or a gift card to blockbuster)
*chocolate
*voodoo doll (to ensure the boyfriend doesnt go unharmed)
etc etc.
Now I must go and use all these lovely ideas and get my darned christmas presents done!
 Wink peace
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seagull

Soylent Green is People!

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 12, 2004 11:55:59 AM »

Hi everyone!

This is my first post here and I'm glad I discovered this board. Those "in a box" ideas are fantastic!

Here's my question: Any ideas for Teen Angst in a box? I really want to give The Catcher in the Rye to my 15 years old sister, but it looks lonely in the box all by itself. What would spruce it up and remain thematic?

Alternatively, I could give her a Snowboard in a Box or Winter in a Box since she loves both, but then I'm at a complete loss as to WHAT these would contain... She already has all the snowboard gear...

Any suggestions?

By the way, all of your icons are GREAT! The dancing pill, Paul McCartney, the yellow headbanger, the seagulls... How cool can you get?!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Beck.the.Speck
« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2004 12:17:06 PM »

oooh!!! teen angst in a box!! i love it!  and the catcher in the rye....brilliant thing to put in there.  Smiley
here are some things you may want to add:

emo music (or maybe alanis morisette)  make your own mix if you feel so inclined
cuddly sweatshirt/pj pants
black eyeliner, maybe fake piercings?
those disposable heating pad things (thermacare, i believe) for cramps  (tee hee)
LiveJournal account, lol.....waaaay too many angsty kids on there
Hot Topic gift certificate
a "keep out!" sign for her bedroom doorknob
headphones to listen to angsty music waaaaay too loud
notebook, pens
coffee (and/or snacks, enough that one can hole oneself into one's bedroom for long periods of time without starving to death)
poetry books (emily dickinson, perhaps), maybe an edward gorey calendar
coming of age movies
voodoo doll!  (i see a lot of voodoo dolls in many of the boxes people have been suggesting)
black nail polish

hmmm...looks like i kind of edged over into the "goth" realm but oh well....what a fab idea for a box!
and if you do the "winter/snowboarding in a box," you should line the bottom with fake snow.  but be careful of what kind you use; some has shards of glass in it.  i'm thinking it would be all about colors for that "_in a box" project; y'know  lots of cool tones.  put in some giant paper fake snowflakes for decoration.  maybe they have some bath products with wintery scents?  (i know i've seen holiday cookie and gingerbread scents, at least...)  whip up, using cocoa powder and sugar and stuff, a big jar of homemade hot chocolate mix (the recipe is somewhere on gurl.com) and put it in there with a mug.  dvds/videos about snowboarding?  a book about climbing everest?  or perhaps even (tee hee) a tourist book to the alps Smiley  or a map for her wall of good snowboarding places.  can you personalize a jacket or snowboarding-type piece of clothing with her name?  candles in wintery scents and/or colors.  actually, nail polish and eye shadow/eye glitters in blue and white hues.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Beck.the.Speck
« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2004 02:47:14 PM »

instaredneck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xxXXkindelXXxx
highway robber

i want to be the girl with the most cake.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: December 12, 2004 03:07:45 PM »

wha would one put in the insta hippster kit? an ipod cozie and something vintage? i live in a really hippster-y neighborhood but i wouldnt know what to give them... any ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

< let's get something done, too much idle time is wasted. Let's cut to the chase, and don't be afraid!> A.O.M.
rabid.dustbunny
« Reply #75 on: December 12, 2004 05:25:29 PM »

snowboard wax
SPF 35 chapstick
snowboard tool
hand warmers (in a package, sold in sporting goods stores)
good snowboarding socks
good polarized sunglasses
mp3 Player (budget permitting!)
roxy scarf, beanie, stickers...Roxy anything
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The mighty oak was once a little nut that stood it's ground.
Beck.the.Speck
« Reply #76 on: December 12, 2004 06:50:39 PM »

wha would one put in the insta hippster kit? an ipod cozie and something vintage? i live in a really hippster-y neighborhood but i wouldnt know what to give them... any ideas?

sushi accoutrements?  i am assuming that hipster means trendy person.  if so, sushi accoutrements.  and big sunglasse like people wear now...y'know.....faux80's...like h&m style stuff
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mthompson828

Don't forget to bring a towel!

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 12, 2004 07:03:44 PM »

For a container for all these in-a-box ideas, I just saw a cool thing in my mom's Woman's World magazine...they took an empty, clear plastic soda bottle (size could vary depending on contents).  Take the label off, then cut a long slit down one side.  Using the slit, you can pack all sorts of goodies into the bottle.  Probably something soft (like a scarf or towel or something) to fill in the space, with presents tucked in around it.  When it was full, they just ran a strip of clear packing tape along the slit. 

I think they actually mailed theirs (!) although if you weren't planning to send it in the mail you could also decorate the bottle.  Hmm, maybe you could even stick the label back on!  Then watch their faces while they try to figure out how you got all that stuff in there!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elissamichelle

i'm happy just because.

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 12, 2004 08:25:25 PM »

"indie/emo in a box."

-mixed cd with dcfc, bright eyes, riloe kiley, etc
-journal
-vegan food
-black eye liner
-uhhhhhh
-fake plugs
-sweaters from a thrfit store
-black rimmed glasses
-converse with writing on them
-wrist band
-that's all i have

i'm trying to think of a "_______in a box" that would work for my boyfriend...somethi ng that he'd find ridiculously funny....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RachOfTheJungle
« Reply #79 on: December 12, 2004 08:50:18 PM »

Man, you guys have the BEST ideas!

Let me just say: Craftster rocks. It's the only place I can excitedly babble about making stuff without getting odd looks from friends and family members.

Plus, everyone is SOOOO creative!

ANYWAY!

Last year for my family's "White Elephant" gift exchange (I'd explain that if you don't know what it means but I am lazy to the max right now) I made a

Menstruation Survival Pack.

*Hot water bottle
 *Midol
 *Giant nasty pads
 *a huge chocolate bar
 *cheesey chick-flick from CVS bargin bin
 *box of tissues (for mood swings)
 *sweatpants (for bloaty days)

And some other stuff I forget now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rockin' knitting shirts I designed:

http://www.cafepress.com/stitchnsnitch
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 107 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Importance of a Sprit Leveled Tripod
How to Harmonize colors in an Image
Understand the Difference Between Formal and Informal Symmetry
How to Photograph landscapes with a Telephoto Lens
How to Take a Trees Portrait
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...