A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 305,035
Currently Running With Scissors:
438 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 107
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "_____ in a box" gift ideas.  (Read 213556 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

euphemasaurus

Librarian-in-Training, Sarcastic Cross-Stitcher

View Profile WWW
« Reply #750 on: December 13, 2006 11:37:08 PM »

So I made "in a box" gifts for my three roommates for Christmas. 
   For my one roommate (who, ahem, is no stranger to a good time) I made "Night Out in a box." I put in travel size Band-aids, Tylenol, and Shout wipes, a shot glass, a "hottie whistle," the movie Mean Girls, mints, a little clutch I made, a card with her address (for the nights when she has a little too much Jungle Juice), and two other cards- one with cheesy pick-up lines, and one with even cheesier rejection lines.

For my roommate who was REALLY stressed out this semester, I made "Relaxation in a box."  I put in a stuffed animal, a Jack Johnson cd, a Peter Pan coloring book (I had to, her name is Wendy and her brother's name is Michael, and her sorority nickname is Nana, lol), crayons, soothing sleepytime tea, aromatherapy socks (they smell like peppermint), a doorhanger I made that says "I'm either sleeping, studying or avoiding you," and a scented candle.

For my roommate who is living in the wrong generation, I made "80's Child in a box."  I put in crazy socks, white sparkly sunglasses, pixie sticks, Top Gun (an essential 80's movie and the only time either of us can stand Tom Cruise), earrings I made (with lips, padlocks, and keys charms), two shot glasses-only one's in the picture, crazy eyeshadow, a felt clutch I made, and one of those expanding towels with a flamingo on it.

In each box I put in buttons and a card that I made. (Oh how I love my button maker.) I had a lot of fun finding and making the stuff for the boxes. So I just wanted to say thanks to all the people on this post that I got ideas from.  And sorry this is so long and wordy, lol. Thanks again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

clacksou13
« Reply #751 on: December 17, 2006 12:15:45 PM »

Just wanted to thank everyone for posting their "________ in a box" ideas here.  They inspired me to make a "Starving Artist Survival Kit" (manufactured by the fictional company Stick It To the Man, Inc.) for a friend who is destined to live under a bridge one day.  It consisted of (no pictures, but it wasn't very pretty anyway)...

-A pair of fingerless gloves ($1.99 gloves from CVS with the fingers cut off)
-A tea light for "warmth and illumination in your home"
-A package of gourmet Ramen noodles
-A 2" by 3" notebook for sketching, composing, or writing bad stirring, thoughtful, world-changing poetry
-The Starving Artist's Recipe Book, containing recipes for ketchup soup, rice cake sandwiches, and 100 ways to prepare Ramen

He loved it and took the teasing in stride!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
penguin91
« Reply #752 on: December 17, 2006 01:55:58 PM »

That sounds great!  I especially love the idea of the recipie book.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GrandTheftUno
« Reply #753 on: December 17, 2006 06:29:01 PM »

This year, I've gotten on the "in a box" bandwagon. For my brothers christmas gift, I did "rez movie night in a box" for my brother. He's living in residence this year, and he's in a film studies program.

Heres whats in his:

-made him pajama pants
-a pillow with film reels and cameras and such on it (also homemade)
-The 40 Year Old Virgin
-candy (king size mike and ikes, 2 bags of M&Ms)
-cyclops rockets dispenser
-microwave popcorn packages and a container.

I'm going to cover the box with pictures from his favourite movies

I taught his girlfriend to sew this summer, and she's getting her own machine for christmas, so I made her a sewing box with all kinds of notions, some flanellette and a whole wack of patterns. She's going to have a lot to keep her busy.

I also did "hocky night in canada" for my cousin, his wife, and their 2 year old son. I wanted to make the gift really personal, because I copped out and didnt make any of it myself. I did the same thing with the popcorn as in my brothers, and also got a toronto maple leafs blanket and a t shirt for their son, its in a blue bucket with some NHL stickers on it.

I've always loved the "in a box" theme because its great to tailor a gift to someones personality
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cleverbek
« Reply #754 on: December 19, 2006 07:49:45 PM »

I did a fun "screenplay in a box" for a writer friend who was thinking of trying her hand at a screenplay- I included a couple of script boxes (for submissions of course!), brass brads, paper, a list of screenwriting resources and a book, a highlighter, and pens in all colors, a pencil, and index cards...
She loved it..

THIS ROCKS   Logged

hayz
« Reply #755 on: December 24, 2006 06:27:40 AM »

heylooo
merry christmas!
just thought id pop our xmas prezzie to my nan & grandad on here.
theyre going to oz in january to visit my aunt who emigrated there last year...so its kinda like "Oz in a basket" lol

inside:
flight socks x2 pairs
guide to melbourne book
australian phrase book (best bit!)
bill bryson book-down under
sun lotion high factor!
high factor sun stick
after sun lotion
coolit spray
50 oz dollar bill

we think its very cool! x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

handmade ballet flats

my etsy - http://www.footloosefancyflats.etsy.com
my web - www.footlooseandfancyflats.com (under construction)
myspace -
oceanlane
movie ending romance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #756 on: December 25, 2006 05:11:59 PM »

suggestions for:
~ harry potter in a box
~ photography in a box
~ DDR (dance dance revolution) in a box
~ anime/manga in a box

particularly the photography & ddr one. ;_; so lost. please help <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ironic
« Reply #757 on: December 25, 2006 07:55:22 PM »

if you dont find fast food completely taboo, burger king is having ddr toys right now. my sibbs came home with them from lunch a couple days ago.. the toys look preety good. i hope it helps
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amor,amor
*Formerly Known as tinxerb377*

SWAP ADDICT!

View Profile
« Reply #758 on: December 31, 2006 09:17:23 AM »

I made my friend, who's a DDR addict, a shirt that says "Im a DDR QUEEN!" . She loves it and wears it a lot , specially when we go to the arcade and she plays it. I was thinking of making her another shirt that says "Lets Dance!" on the front and the DDR official logo thing on the back.

fro the photography box... well my dad is a photographer and I stencil him shirts , like he asked me to make him a "LEICA" T-shirt. I dont think you should get him-her any camara stuff because that stuff is expensive and maybe he-she prefers a sertain brand,.....
Also you could get photography magazines or books.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Some of my art:
http://mariaisabel.deviantart.com/

**Lemonadelemonade is my homegirl**
dilly-dali
« Reply #759 on: December 31, 2006 03:30:29 PM »

Im trying to make a friend of mine classy in a box. Its kind of strange buts its this joke we have that hes classy and Im, well, not.
but because of my lack of class, I dont know what to put in the box. help!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 107 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Cirque Du Soleil Show Dralion Performers
Art Showcase: Messerschmitt ME 109 G
Building a German U-Boat
Art Showcase: Spitfire Mk IX
Art Showcase: Avro Arrow Mailbox
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Thrifty Dog Bed
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...