A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,168
Currently Running With Scissors:
599 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 107
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "_____ in a box" gift ideas.  (Read 211541 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sarcasmik
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2004 09:23:01 AM »

I've only actually been hungover twice but V-8 juice & a couple tylenol  worked quite well.  =)

i've heard honey and walnuts are good for hangovers, too.  apparently they both have alot of some chemical that helps make this stuff go away.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"we are the music makers,
          and we are the dreamers of the dreams."
dani24

I am so smart! S-M-R-T....oops! I mean S-M-A-R-T

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2004 10:08:29 AM »

Ooh, great ideas. I really like the indulgence in a box. The other idea I had was "ROAD TRIP" in a box because she is going to be driving cross country. But I could only think of a few things to put in there (gift certificates to cracker barrel and road trip bingo). Any ideas?

If she knits, you can get her that Knitting on the Road book.  It's all about knitting socks, but they are great projects for travelling because they're small and portable, and quick to make.

You could also throw in the movie "Road Trip" (if she likes it & doesn't already have it).

Maybe add The Bad Girl's Guide to the Open Road, which is a very cool book.

You could get her a really nice vacuum sealed, leak proof thermos (there's one by Oxo that is really good) for holding coffee or tea.  It'll keep the beverage cold for quite a long time, so she can enjoy it for hours, on the road.

Little garbage bags, for stowing trash.

Wet wipes, paper towels, hand sanitizer, toilet paper, etc.  Especially since a lot of rest stop, gas station, and some restroom bathrooms are low on amenities.

A gas card, for refueling.

Snacks, such as granola bars, trail mix, cheese & crackers, candies, chips, dried fruits, beef jerky, etc.

Items for an emergency: flashlight, first aid kit, blanket, flares, tire iron/jack (she should already have this in her car, though), jumper cables, etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mollypitcher
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2004 12:32:09 PM »

These are some great ideas! I'd love to get her the female urinal... I'm totally going to make the "ROAD TRIP IN A BOX" for her birthday gift. I also thought a "MILE HIGH" box would be fun, but she is driving cross country, not flying. Imagine the fun sexy goodies in a "MILE HIGH" box. Plus, I was going to find a cool vintage piece of luggage to put it in.

Now that I am set on the birthday gift, I just need to think of a Holiday gift. I was thinking "SECRET SPY IN A BOX" because I want to get her one of those IZONE sticker picture camera's. Or maybe it could be a "VOYER BOX"... any ideas of fun and useful things for either of thise "____ in a box" gifts, or another theme gift that could go with a izone sticker camera?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dorkabrain
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2004 12:39:10 PM »

Secret spy in a box, you could get her a pair of binoculars, magnifying glass...

OR you could make it Fashionista in a box, like maybe the camera is for taking pictures of all the new clothes she buys..you could put a top in there and maybe some earrings.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dani24

I am so smart! S-M-R-T....oops! I mean S-M-A-R-T

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2004 12:49:46 PM »

These are some great ideas! I'd love to get her the female urinal... I'm totally going to make the "ROAD TRIP IN A BOX" for her birthday gift.

That's what else I was going to add to my list!  I had forgotten, and it's been bugging me for the past couple of hours.

There is this device called the Travel Mate http://www.travelmateinfo.com/.  It's a device that fits over the urethra (kind of looks like a cough syrup spoon/dispenser) and you pee into it, so that you can pee standing up.  You can also attach a tube to the device to pee off the side of a boat, out a car window, into a bucket, write your name in the snow, etc.  Or, you can also attach a special bag to it to collect the urine, and then dispose of it later when you get to a bathroom.  I actually have one of these things for when I go fishing/camping/hiking, and I love it!  It's such a cool little device.  Plus, it's pretty inexpensive.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mollypitcher
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2004 02:09:27 PM »

Thanks for the travelmate information! How funny.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2004 02:39:16 PM »

That's what else I was going to add to my list! I had forgotten, and it's been bugging me for the past couple of hours.

There is this device called the Travel Mate
That is TOO freakin awesome! YES!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
auntiem
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2004 02:05:03 PM »

for the spy in a box - www.sciplus.com has all kinds of random military stuff. They had awesome scarves left over from WWII - the kind with a map on them for when you got dropped behind enemy lines.
How 'bout Paradise in a Box - big fake hibuscus for her hair, luau music, sunscreen (the kind that smells like coconuts), one of those surfers for the dashboard, a colorful saraong, seashell or fake flower lei, coconut bra if you can find one - might be able to find one left over from Halloween real cheap.
Or - White Trash in a Box - you could knit a beer cozy, throw in some Daisy-dukes and a halter top, cheese wiz, a copy of White Trash cookbook (most definatly skip if she is a vegetarian), bail bond refrigerator magnets, TV guide......
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NynaeveAS

I'm pretty enough for both of us.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2004 05:16:20 PM »

Actually, you could do the university in a box thing if she 1) went to college and 2) still likes her school.  You could make a coin purse with her school letters stencilled on it; pencils and a planner would go with a school theme; a bottle opener ...

What about Vegas in a Box?  Dice, cards, a how-to-play craps, poker or such book, a hand held slot machine game, and so forth.

What about England in a Box? A British magazine, British tea, British cookies, a British flag, British  beer, a Beatles album ...

What about New Oreleans in a Box? Beans and rice from the grocery, beads, hurricane mix with glass, voodoo doll, canned crawfish, gumbo recipe ...
« Last Edit: November 12, 2004 07:31:44 AM by NynaeveAS » THIS ROCKS   Logged
sarcasmik
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2004 07:59:56 PM »

that england in a box is genius, and it couldn't have come at a better time for me - a friend of mine is moving to london next semester, and i wanted a really cool gift to send her away with.  any more ideas for what could go in it?  i was thinking about putting a plastic fish in with a bag of doritos.  get it?  fish n chips?  lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"we are the music makers,
          and we are the dreamers of the dreams."
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 107 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Diamond Cable Stitch Part 1/9
How to Crochet a Diamond Cable Stitch Part 5/9
How to Crochet a Christmas Wreath Part 6/8
How to Crochet a Christmas Wreath Part 8/8
How to Crochet a Christmas Wreath Part 4/8
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...