A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 304,878
Currently Running With Scissors:
647 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 107
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "_____ in a box" gift ideas.  (Read 213296 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

insertusername
« Reply #730 on: November 20, 2006 04:15:31 PM »

so i completed my Elvis in a box for my friend moving to memphis it includes: Elvis glasses, Elvis xmas cd, Elvis stickers, a cute little elvis book i got for 5 bucks at barnes and noble  a lei and some of the kings fav recipes (fried catfish, Memphis BBQ, peanut butter and banana sandwich, ect.).  I also painted a photo box with the kings profile.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hayz
« Reply #731 on: November 22, 2006 07:39:51 AM »

Sorry if this has been talked about already, but I read up to page 12 before getting bored. My best friend's birthday is coming up in about a month, and we've been best friend for about 6 years now, and usually my presents are crap-tastic so this year I want to get her something nice... She's really into Lost and Sawyer, so I thought Lost In A Box would be cool. So far I've got:

- a tshirt with a  stencilled quote from Lost.. I'm thinking something from the whole "You taste like strawberries, you taste like fish biscuits" scene.
- a CD with the soundtrack of Lost (does Lost have a soundtrack??) since she's into music..
- the book "Unlock the meaning of Lost: An unauthorized guide"... I don't know if it's any good but I guess she'd enjoy it..
- maybe a cutesy heart-ish picture frame with a picture of Sawyer in it Wink

I don't watch Lost so I'm at a loss here.. it would be so easy just to buy her the season dvds but she has them all! Any suggestions?

Polar bear stuffie! Since you don't watch, believe me, it makes sense. Other than that... I'm at a bit of a loss Wink

the tshirt idea is cute
u could do her a journal/log book like the freaky log books from the pearl that shoot out of the pipe into the middle of the jungle...
oooor
something with the numbers-a bracelet or necklace with 4815162342
god i love lost
THIS ROCKS   Logged

handmade ballet flats

my etsy - http://www.footloosefancyflats.etsy.com
my web - www.footlooseandfancyflats.com (under construction)
myspace -
kabOOm

i'm bringin' crafty back...yeah!

View Profile
« Reply #732 on: November 22, 2006 10:32:08 AM »

For Christmas this year I'm gonna make my Dad a "Peace of Mind in a box"
So far, I'm gonna put in
- peace of mind scented oil
- peace of mind incense
- a book on how to obtain peace of mind
- a puzzle piece made to look like a piece of a brain (piece of mind haha)
- a peace of mind cd
any other ideas?

Also any ideas for a skater in a box? My cousin is a skateboarder, so I want to do something along those lines for him (he's also a gamer and a dancer, so I might do something like that).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hayz
« Reply #733 on: November 22, 2006 11:17:57 AM »

ive just finished my friends birthday gift
ive done "girly night in - in a box"
its supposed to be like a pamper yourself evening type thing lol

included is-

big bar chocolate
sachets of hot chocolate and bag of mini marshmallows
'lush' bath bomb
'lush' bath bubble bar (bubbles up)
2 bottles of mini wine-rose and white
3 mini scented candles
2 face packs

THIS ROCKS   Logged

handmade ballet flats

my etsy - http://www.footloosefancyflats.etsy.com
my web - www.footlooseandfancyflats.com (under construction)
myspace -
juuuiice
« Reply #734 on: November 24, 2006 05:56:41 PM »

i've been lurking around the in-a-box thread for a while, and decided it's going to be my theme this year. does anyone have any ideas for "cop in a box" (my dad takes a lot of pride in his job)? thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
whitters
« Reply #735 on: November 24, 2006 08:52:55 PM »

I totally forgot to take a photo of my Birthday in a Box...

My friend was turning 20 and lives a good 2 or so hours away from me- so in the box, I included:

microwaveable cake (one of those desert delights or something)
musical birthday candle
noise maker (the bottle you pull the string on)
confettie
and half blown balloons-

the card said "Since I can't throw you a party, here's your's in a box" or something similar to that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Raaspberry
« Reply #736 on: November 25, 2006 10:07:14 AM »

Any ideas for "Metalhead in a box"? My best friend plays guitar for his band, and he's insanely passionate about it. He's against drugs and drinking, so some of the Rockstar in a Box ideas are out. His favorite band is Emperor, but he already owns a ton of DVDs and shirts and all that, so I'm not sure what else to do. He's also into writing, ancient ruins and all that sort of stuff, Halloween, anything black, etc.
So far, I was thinking doing a "Fisher in a Box" (I call him Fisher) and including a black journal and maybe decorating random pages with lyrics that I know he likes, writings of mine (he always bugs me to show him some of the random things I write), a little picture of this ruin that means "strength", and maybe making him a necklace with a sword because he wears a bunch of meaningful necklaces and collects all sorts of old battle stuff.
Any other ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
diy4life

"Great northern beans!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #737 on: November 26, 2006 01:36:09 PM »

Maybe a 'Happy Day in a Box'? Like with spa stuff or a good movie and popcorn.... something happy?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"i've been dying to tell you anything you want to hear, cuz thats just who i am this week..."
grammar_gremlin
« Reply #738 on: November 27, 2006 11:10:35 AM »

I made up a couple of "Whole Self Health" baskets as door prizes for an inservice at work.  The items are grouped into three categories:

Body
-Slippers
-Multigrain crackers
-Granola bars

Mind
-Mini sudoku electronic game
-Stress ball
-Wooden puzzle

Soul
-Relaxing CD
-Scented candles
-Incense sticks & burner

I know there were a couple more items, but I can't remember them all.  All of it is wrapped in colored cellophane and packed into plastic baskets.  Most of the items were purchased at Dollar Tree.  I wanted to include a journal under "soul" too, but I ran out of space and time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
penguin91
« Reply #739 on: November 27, 2006 04:47:26 PM »

My best friend and I have kind of lost touch.  We see eachother in the halls at school, but we never really get a chance to talk or hangout like we used to.  So, for Christmas I was thinking of making her a 'Sleepover in a Box', complete with everything we need to have an awesome all-nighter together.  Do you think that sounds lame?  I was thinking of including...

-popcorn
-tons of sugar and caffine filled things to keep us up all night!
-possibly a blockbuster giftcard.  Either that, or right before the night I'll just to go to blockbuster and rent as many Johnny Depp movies as I can find for a Johnny movie marathon!  Cheesy  I'm sure she would appreciate that.
-either a pillow or blanket that I'll sew for her.  I'm leaning towards a pillow.
-a bunch of mix CDs to listen to.
-a package of instant brownies or something similar for when we get hungry late in the night
-maybe some sort of simple crafty type thing to do that we can remember the night by.  She has one of those printers to hook up her camera to, so maybe I could bring scrapbooking stuff.  I don't know  Ideas?

I'd appreciate some more ideas for this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 107 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Beyoncé’s Luminous Glow
Our Friend Courtney Bingham Sixx Knows A Lot About Self Tanning
Is Professional Teeth Whitening Worth It?
Pro Surfer Quincy Davis on the Best Sunscreen and Her Beauty Secrets
5 Most Unforgivable Style Mistakes
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...