A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,380
Currently Running With Scissors:
550 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 107
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "_____ in a box" gift ideas.  (Read 209888 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

milesapart714

i make things.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #700 on: October 16, 2006 04:17:46 PM »

soo one of my best friends [who's now my room mate at college, we requested each other] is really into CSI: Las Vegas. These are the ideas of what I have so far:

- a magnifying glass keychain [i have little magnifying glass charms]
- something relating to caution tape
- anything to do with palm trees, martini glasses, stars
- i just bought a camera charm off of ebay for a necklace [she likes photography, too]
- dice earring studs
- jewelry made out of poker chips [earrings, probably]
- a small deck of round playing cards.

any other ideas?? :]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #701 on: October 16, 2006 05:31:40 PM »

soo one of my best friends [who's now my room mate at college, we requested each other] is really into CSI: Las Vegas. These are the ideas of what I have so far:

- i just bought a camera charm off of ebay for a necklace [she likes photography, too]
- dice earring studs

Well there's a lot of Vegas and not as much CSI there! Check out the CSI craftalong (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=81883.0) & someone who posted about CSI in a box... http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=119354.0 it didn't get THAT many replies, but hopefully something will inspire! (the caution tape scarf they're talking about is TOO cool...)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

milesapart714

i make things.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #702 on: October 16, 2006 06:35:12 PM »

- dice earring studs

Well there's a lot of Vegas and not as much CSI there! Check out the CSI craftalong (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=81883.0) & someone who posted about CSI in a box... http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=119354.0 it didn't get THAT many replies, but hopefully something will inspire! (the caution tape scarf they're talking about is TOO cool...)

haha yeah, I dont really watch CSI so I cant really think of anything good to put into the box! Tongue but thanks so much for that link! hmm i wish i could knit ... then i'd so make that scarf. but i might do the pillowcase idea.

some other ideas i came up with:

- cover the box with caution tape.
- name tag on it with her name and birthdate/height/etc. in that dectective-y typewriter type font.
- i found a "Crime Scene investigation Las Vegas patch" on ebay.
- a little atache chase filled with..who knows what yet. i found tiny cute atache cases. [on ebay, of course] which im planning to buy soon.

I'll be sure to post any more ideas i have and show pictures of the finished gift as well.

..i'm getting way to excited just thinking about it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KraftyKT
FeMailler, and proud of it!

Say no!

« Reply #703 on: October 28, 2006 10:20:17 PM »

wow, what a long thread. but still, can't figure out what to put in my sisters 16th birthday in a box. Shes a rather odd character. She likes:
Hockey
CSI
EMT/Doctor stuff
Punk Rock
Baking cookies
Writing fanfic
Reading
Monkeys
RENT
Karate
Avenue Q
Wicked
Drums (which she doesn't play, but so desperatly wants to)
Chocolate
Coffee

Her tastes are too ecclectic, and I have NO IDEA what to get for her. Anybody?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.facebook.com/KraftybyKT - See and Buy Chainmaille!

etsy.com/kraftybykt - Steampunk supplies!

How I pay for my craft supplies (in amazon giftcards) - http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/BewareTheThinker
bubbletea
« Reply #704 on: October 28, 2006 10:42:48 PM »

Sorry if this has been talked about already, but I read up to page 12 before getting bored. My best friend's birthday is coming up in about a month, and we've been best friend for about 6 years now, and usually my presents are crap-tastic so this year I want to get her something nice... She's really into Lost and Sawyer, so I thought Lost In A Box would be cool. So far I've got:

- a tshirt with a  stencilled quote from Lost.. I'm thinking something from the whole "You taste like strawberries, you taste like fish biscuits" scene.
- a CD with the soundtrack of Lost (does Lost have a soundtrack??) since she's into music..
- the book "Unlock the meaning of Lost: An unauthorized guide"... I don't know if it's any good but I guess she'd enjoy it..
- maybe a cutesy heart-ish picture frame with a picture of Sawyer in it Wink

I don't watch Lost so I'm at a loss here.. it would be so easy just to buy her the season dvds but she has them all! Any suggestions?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

[ a d d i c t e d  t o  b u b b l e  t e a ]
zazu20
« Reply #705 on: October 29, 2006 01:33:17 AM »

For my in the box idea I wanted to go with "Sweet Dreams" because he always says without me near him he can't sleep! 

you could add a nice decorated mug (with quotes from love songs or a drawing of a starry sky..)with different types of calming/soothing herbal teas to drink at bed time (like camomile tea..), i did it for a friend of mine once and he loved it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Irish_Belle
I put my hands among the flames. Nothing burns.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #706 on: October 29, 2006 03:28:40 AM »

Sorry if this has been talked about already, but I read up to page 12 before getting bored. My best friend's birthday is coming up in about a month, and we've been best friend for about 6 years now, and usually my presents are crap-tastic so this year I want to get her something nice... She's really into Lost and Sawyer, so I thought Lost In A Box would be cool. So far I've got:

- a tshirt with a  stencilled quote from Lost.. I'm thinking something from the whole "You taste like strawberries, you taste like fish biscuits" scene.
- a CD with the soundtrack of Lost (does Lost have a soundtrack??) since she's into music..
- the book "Unlock the meaning of Lost: An unauthorized guide"... I don't know if it's any good but I guess she'd enjoy it..

I don't watch Lost so I'm at a loss here.. it would be so easy just to buy her the season dvds but she has them all! Any suggestions?

Inot a fan of the Lost guides, i have one and I thought it was a waste of money.. maybe it more expensive over here though. It cost me 11ish. Maybe you could throw in some of the books that sawyer was reading throughout the series.. if you google it im sure you'll find out what they are. I know that 'The third Policeman' was one.. i know that because it was by an Irish author ^_^ Flann O'Brien, you see the books he's reading are meant to have clues to help you figure out whats going on.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

« Reply #707 on: October 29, 2006 03:52:18 AM »

Polar bear stuffie! Since you don't watch, believe me, it makes sense. Other than that... I'm at a bit of a loss Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bubbletea
« Reply #708 on: October 29, 2006 02:02:58 PM »

Thanks for all the ideas! I will definitely get her a polar bear stuffie and one of the books Sawyer was reading... also I'm thinking of sticking a compass in there so she doesn't get lost herself  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

[ a d d i c t e d  t o  b u b b l e  t e a ]
mrs_cunningham
« Reply #709 on: October 29, 2006 05:23:19 PM »

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME FAST Smiley
my dad's 43rd bday is tmrw and hes coming over after work (3:30) so i have until then to create a hillarious gift for him. i have no clue what he likes..exept..he likes funny stuff,redneck,or i was thinking things for his age..so if you could help me fast i would appreciate it Smiley
if nobody can think of anything good..i'll use the hobo in a box Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Can't wait to meet my little man! 10-11-10! <3
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 107 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Who Rocked The Frock: Paula Patton Vs. Julie Bowen
2012 Halloween Costume Looks
Tim Gunn With Marlo Thomas
5 Boots You Need in Your Closet Now
The Five Items Every Woman Should Have In Her Closet, from Tim Gunn
Latest Blog Articles
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats
July is National Blueberry Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...