A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,067
Currently Running With Scissors:
523 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 107
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "_____ in a box" gift ideas.  (Read 224792 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Caitak
« Reply #670 on: September 05, 2006 08:27:05 AM »

The book idea just sort of came to me. It'd be great to see what you do with it.

Yesterday I bought a bunch of green crepe paper and scrapbooking sheets for decorating the box. I'm going to buy a nice blank journal which I can decorate for the 'In My Day' book. I did see some yesterday but I had so many other things on my mind that I completely forgot to go back and pick one up.

I will definitely post a picture once I'm all done. I'm having a great time thinking up things to go into it, and I'm planning a 'Girlfriend in a Box' for my boyfriend's Christmas.

From now on ALL gifts will come in a box!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PimpernelSmith
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm sooo over due to get over an ocean...*waves at far away places*

Jack of all Crafts -- Master of None

View Profile
« Reply #671 on: September 06, 2006 03:18:27 PM »

Caitak - the use of the word "crisps" makes me wonder if you are in Britian/Europe? If so, you could include some pre-EU coins in the mix....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.Dave Barry
Caitak
« Reply #672 on: September 07, 2006 03:16:55 AM »

You guessed right, though we're in the UK so we're not on the Euro yet, but you did give me the idea to include a couple of the 'old fashioned' fifty pence and five pence pieces... I'm pretty sure I have a couple left in my coin box.

I got some really funky scrapbooking paper that I'm going to use to make labels for everything explaining why she needs it now she's OLD Cheesy

Also we're getting a delivery today so I'm holding out hope for a decent sixed box.

I'm just hoping that with the post office's new way of doing things it doesn't turn out too expensive to post!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TweeSparkle
« Reply #673 on: September 11, 2006 10:50:43 PM »

Rockstar in a box

I saw mention of that in a much earlier post and though it would be a great idea for my friend's bithday. That's what he really wants to do with his life, so... I'm gonna ponder this and write down a few ideas and whatnot, but do you guys have any other ideas? His fav. band right now is megadeath, he plays guitar, basicly he just wants to be a musician. I always have so much trouble shopping for boys, girls are way easier, some yummy lotion and they're happy. lol
So, any ideas you have would be wonderful. Thank you! ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dreamergirl
« Reply #674 on: September 12, 2006 07:32:45 AM »

How about

"CLASSIC in a box":
1. DVD with an old classic movie, like Citizen Kane
2. CD with classical music or classic rock, etc.
3. a strand of pearls (a classic accesory) - for girls
4. Chanel style cardigan (a classic garment) - for girls
5. a tie (a classic accesory) - for guys
6. Chocolate Chip Cookies (a classic snack) lol

Thanks to this thread I already picked a Christmas present for my mom, and it's only September!
She can't live without tea, so I think I'll make her a "Five O'Clock in a box" filled with different flavoured teas, cookies, sugar cubes, and of course a pretty mug (she likes to collect them).

What else do you think could go in these boxes?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PimpernelSmith

View Profile
« Reply #675 on: September 12, 2006 11:12:37 AM »

She can't live without tea, so I think I'll make her a "Five O'Clock in a box" filled with different flavoured teas, cookies, sugar cubes, and of course a pretty mug (she likes to collect them).

What else do you think could go in these boxes?

Tea cozy?
A favorite novel to curl up with...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.Dave Barry
gingembre
« Reply #676 on: September 12, 2006 12:06:58 PM »

Ooooh this is SUCH a great thread!! I am so excited now thinking of themes. What I have so far:

My sister Connie: "Blogger in a Box" (similar to the Geek/LAN party ideas, with an "I'm Blogging This" T-shirt a must, and maybe some cool usb gadget) and the "Menstruation Survival Pack" mentioned earlier - she has a difficult time of month and this should help! (Really a gift for the rest of us LOL)

My mom: not sure yet. She crochets all the time BUT that means she has tons of stuff already. I am already in the process of making her a crochet-hook roll, though, so maybe something related to crochet anyway. Or possibly a gardening theme.

My somewhat-ex husband Deme: also not sure, though I have some ideas.

Cindy: Bellydance in a Box! I know there are tons of things I can make for this (like a hip scarf, etc.), I just need to do some web research. I figure, costume items and backstage-emergency-kit items. I really wanna do a Boyfriend in a Box for her too...really, a Happy Single Box lol.

Afua: Musician in a Box. She's a singer, so I'm thinking sheet music from some of her favorite artists, throat lozenges (maybe in a nicely decorated Altoids tin...) and some stuff to help her with her learning to play bass (have to research that)

Asa: maybe a comic book artist in a box kit (some ideas from Deme were: hand cuff in it to chain him to his art desk and clock that counts down to a deadline)

Irshad: I'm stealing the Homofabulous in a box idea LOL, it's perfect for my bisexual friend currently exploring his gay side more.

Jay: Maybe a Hangover Remedy in a Box, not really sure...

On the toddler side of things, one of my daughter's friends is turning 3 a week and a half from now. I was already planning to get her a magnifying glass (oh so cheap, and OH SO ADORED by the toddler set lol), now however I think I will turn it into a little "Super Spy *or* Scientist in a Box" gift (not sure which yet!) And the 5yo girly girl Deniz may well get a Princess in a Box... My own daughter I'm not sure about yet! Maybe a pirate theme...

Well, I will keep you all updated with photos when I complete some boxes - and any and all suggestions are welcome! :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LJ
MySpace
Swap Partner Info
Just started a wist: (coming soon)

***Personal Swap Friendly!***
McJulie-O
« Reply #677 on: September 12, 2006 07:54:55 PM »

An older toddler would love a flashlight all her own, to go in her scientist in a box. They make some really cute squeezable fish flashlights that she would really go for.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PimpernelSmith

View Profile
« Reply #678 on: September 12, 2006 08:41:15 PM »

On the toddler side of things, one of my daughter's friends is turning 3 a week and a half from now. I was already planning to get her a magnifying glass (oh so cheap, and OH SO ADORED by the toddler set lol), now however I think I will turn it into a little "Super Spy *or* Scientist in a Box" gift (not sure which yet!)

I love this site for science supplies on the cheap:

http://www.sciplus.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ansleah
« Reply #679 on: September 13, 2006 09:16:01 PM »

Hi all...

I have a friend whose birthday is coming up and she is really into figure skating. She collects fiigure skating ornaments, she skates 6 days a week and every saturday for most of the year she is at the rink by 7:30 am to practice.
For "Figure skating in a box"...? Ideas? I tried making a little list:
- Some really nice foot cream or scrub (She has NASTY feet!)
-"Safe" hot chocolate mix (She's allergic to nuts)
-gift certificate for the coffee shop she goes to a lot after practise
-personalized laces or skate guards

thats all I could come up with! any ideas would be appreciated!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 107 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Roasted Butternut Squash Panzanella
New Football Stadium Foods Include a 40% Bacon, 60% Beef Burger
How to Make Short Ribs and Whipped Potatoes
How to Make an Open-Faced Grilled Cheese Sandwich
How to Make a Garlic Chicken BLT
Latest Blog Articles
April 17, 2015 Featured Projects
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Mini-Cabinet
Laundry Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...