A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,717
Currently Running With Scissors:
710 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 107
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "_____ in a box" gift ideas.  (Read 210801 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

caffeine_fiend
« Reply #630 on: July 14, 2006 11:50:55 AM »

Fantastic idea! My dad brought me a large wooden box yesterday that used to hold wine bottles, and I've been going nuts trying to figure out what to do with it, but this is the perfect idea! I'm going to create a SENIORS-in-a-box (maybe 07-in-a-box) kit for my girlfriend for when we go back to school in August (that gives me plenty of time to make everything!)

I was planning on making her a pencil case anyways, but now I'll include it in the box. What else should I include?

Ideas:
 - pencils / pens
 - maybe a seniors 07 t-shirt

I dunno, help me out!

Awesome Idea, I just graduated a couple weeks ago. My friend gave everyone in my group a box (wrapped up pretty in each of our favorite colors!) with a white t-shirt, fabric pens, rhinestones, sequins, ribbons, spray paint, a silver metalic sharpie, etc. Then we all got together and made fancy Senior's 06 shirts personalized just for our group. You could always do something like that.

If you and your friend are planning a senior trip (just you two or your class) you could put plans for the nights out or something in there.

Maybe a bottle of sparkling cider (not to be opened until after graduation of course)
Streamers and horns (so your prepared at the rallys and such)
a day planner (so you dont forget to do your homework--between the social events)
a fancy pen for autographs at yearbook signing
a disposable cam (for taking a million pix)
A scrapbook and supplies to document senior year

thats all i got right now. im sure i could think of more later. I will let you know. hope it helps
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ChickenWings
« Reply #631 on: July 14, 2006 01:02:05 PM »

My best friend Jarred is a potentially someday designer.  He's amazing - he's been recruited by Gucci among other companies.  He designs dresses and wants to do purses.  I want to do him a "future fashion designer in a box."  Well any kind craftster souls help me? =)

So far the only thing I can think of is labels that say "Designed by Jarred" or something like that... I'm still not sure where the best priced one from online are.  But I obviously need other stuff.. Ideas?

A barbie dress! ^^ haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kboue
« Reply #632 on: July 14, 2006 01:58:44 PM »

Thanks caffeine_fiend, those ideas were all awesome! I really like the shirt boxes that your friend made for graduation (hooray ideas for when I finally graduate!) Here's what my updated list includes:

1. Wine Box - painted white with blue pawprints "walking" all over the box and "SENIORS 07" on the front (the O's are paw prints also, we're the Palmetto Panthers..)
2. Personalized pencil case
3. Disposable camera (our group of friends really don't have any pictures of eachother, so this is a GREAT idea.)
4. Mini pom poms (in blue and white of course)
5. School-spirited picture frame for the pictures we're going to take with the camera.
6. Book Cover (keeping with the back-to-school theme)
7. Pocket Dictionary
8. Decorated composition book for her to keep all her doodles in
9. Appropriate pens and markers for doodling.

All that I actually have/made so far are the book cover, pocket dictionary, and the wine box, which only has one coat of white paint on it so far. I've got exactly a month to get this all together, but I'm sure I'll finish by then.

She leaves her car unlocked so I think I'm going to leave it in there on the first day of school for her to be surprised with. Hooray!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
McJulie-O
« Reply #633 on: July 14, 2006 02:26:23 PM »

Thanks caffeine_fiend, those ideas were all awesome! I really like the shirt boxes that your friend made for graduation (hooray ideas for when I finally graduate!) Here's what my updated list includes:

1. Wine Box - painted white with blue pawprints "walking" all over the box and "SENIORS 07" on the front (the O's are paw prints also, we're the Palmetto Panthers..)
2. Personalized pencil case
3. Disposable camera (our group of friends really don't have any pictures of eachother, so this is a GREAT idea.)
4. Mini pom poms (in blue and white of course)
5. School-spirited picture frame for the pictures we're going to take with the camera.
6. Book Cover (keeping with the back-to-school theme)
7. Pocket Dictionary
8. Decorated composition book for her to keep all her doodles in
9. Appropriate pens and markers for doodling.

All that I actually have/made so far are the book cover, pocket dictionary, and the wine box, which only has one coat of white paint on it so far. I've got exactly a month to get this all together, but I'm sure I'll finish by then.

She leaves her car unlocked so I think I'm going to leave it in there on the first day of school for her to be surprised with. Hooray!

In reading this, I thought of Homecoming Mums.....you know, those corsages with the school colors streaming down in ribbons and so forth.......and I thought how neat it would be to have a Homecoming Mum Corsage headband you could wear all the time, silk chrysanthemums glued across  a plastic headband with the ribbons trailing down and blowing as you walk?

Good idea? Or totally lame?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kboue
« Reply #634 on: July 14, 2006 08:42:16 PM »

That's the damn cutest idea I've ever heard McJulie-O! Unfortunately, she's a little too boyish to ever wear a headband. I'm totally going to try that out though! (I'm going to use a sunflower and bright red and yellow and orange colors instead of my ugly school colors!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RecycleMicol
Phasing out my swaps for now. I'll swap again later!

Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do or do without!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #635 on: July 16, 2006 01:37:31 PM »

First Post Ever:

I made one of these for my daughter...and they're great for the little toddler gifts that we're obliged to give now and again.

It's not a box exactly, but close enough...start with something like a Pringles or SlimJim Jerky can. (Any slim, tall can that doesn't smell bad, with a good lid)

Cut the cover of a coloring book to fit around the can, securing with glue or tape...either one works.  Alternatively, you can cover the can with ribbon, paints, fabric, any pretty or cool papers you have...just maybe put clear contact paper around the finished can so it won't get soiled.

Cut the coloring pages out neatly from the spine of the book and roll them up whichever way they fit best in the can.  (I rolled mine starting at the short side of the page since it was a full sized coloring book.)  For the jerky cans, I got one of those really thick half-page size coloring and activity books at the dollar store...the can is smallish, so those smaller pages work great for that.  You should leave enough room in the center of the can for the following:

Take new crayons out of a box and put them in the center hole.  You may also want to add some stickers for added interest!  (You can buy a bunch of crayons on sale before school starts and keep them for these projects...you KNOW you'll have to make at least three or four of these for your friend's munchkins for birthdays, baby showers, etc.)

The can went in my daughter's diaper bag and saved the day many times when we needed to keep her busy!  You could lable your can "Artist in a Can"...or "Contentment in a Can"...or just put the kid's name on the outside.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For my Free Knitting Pattern for Hand Springs Fingerless Mitts:

View My Craft Blog

I'm finally on RAVELRY!  User ID RecycleMicol
RBrandt87
« Reply #636 on: July 25, 2006 11:10:35 AM »

Yes, Cheesy I know but it's my year and a half anniversary coming up in august, I want to make him a box full of love stuff, but I don't know what all to put in there. He's 19. He's kind of geeky. and very romantic.
What I have so far...
1:   coupon book
   a.   One movie, on me
   b.   Lunch, on me
   c.   1 pound of chicken wings, on me
   d.   1 day of thrift store shopping
   e.   1 nice long nap
   f.   1 batch of semi-home made cookies
   g.   1 homemade meal
   h.   1 nice long walk
   i.   1 movie marathon day
2:   Love song mix cd
3:   Framed picture
4:   National Treasure
5:   A card
6:   Word search (custom)

What else can I put in it? What other coupons could I make? I'm sort of at a loss. Any ideas would be appreciated!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006 03:31:47 PM by RBrandt87 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
jane dough
« Reply #637 on: July 28, 2006 08:35:32 AM »

I am trying to put together a last-minute gift for a friend who is turning 38 on Sunday.  He is not the easiest person to shop for...He loves music and knows more about it than anyone else that I know.  I would do a "music in a box" kind of thing, but he already has pretty much everything I could think of to put in it.  (He is a music reviewer so he gets tons of Cd's and things free.) 

I was thinking of trying to put together a "Pop Culture in a Box" gift, but I'm not sure what to put in it besides some trivia questions on note cards, and an issue of Entertainment Weekly.  Any ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The dreams of youth are the regrets of maturity.
lovestocraft
I love crafting! Im new to the more advanced kinds but Im excited of all the things I plan on creating. As a young kid at summer camps, I always chose craft time over dodgeball :]

View Profile
« Reply #638 on: July 28, 2006 12:26:31 PM »

Wow there are 65 pages to this post and Im sure I will get to reading all of them but I came up with an idea for my friend who surfs (we live in CA) and shes moving to the East Coast for college. Any ideas for surfer in a box? I really have no idea what to put since I dont surf myself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seinfeld quotes rule me!
lovestocraft
I love crafting! Im new to the more advanced kinds but Im excited of all the things I plan on creating. As a young kid at summer camps, I always chose craft time over dodgeball :]

View Profile
« Reply #639 on: July 28, 2006 02:41:40 PM »

for my friend's birthday, i'm making her a 'Seinfeld in a Box' gift. she a completely devoted seinfeld fan, has the DVDs and and has seen every episode, all that jazz. i was just wondering if y'all could help me think of some cool things to put in here Smiley thanks!

Well if you've watched the show you can put a whole bunch of ransom things in there, and believe me I LOVE seinfeld so theres alot of things to put in there and for a devoted Seinfeld fan, none of them are going to need explanation. Hopefullly you watched seinfeld too or else some of these might not make sense to you, you can look it up on the internet. Id be happy to explain the meaning behind them if you want :]

Heres a list of things I came up with that are kind of jokes within the show: A puffy shirt (pirate looking shirt), junior mint, anything superman related, twix, Oh, Henry bar, pez (with the dispenser), ovaltine, puerto rican flag, an aluminum pole (to celebrate festivus of course!), anything Yankees related, maybe can of soup with the note "i conquered the soup nazi today" or something like that, there are so much more but I cant think of any right now

You can also get books about the show, books of him. He is still doing stand up so maybe you can get her ticket to his next show.

I think it would be fun for her to look through these and try to figure out the meaning of them if she doesnt figure them out right away. Have fun I hope Im not too late!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seinfeld quotes rule me!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 107 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Valentine’s Jewelry Bag
How to Make Scrapbooks with Leeza Gibbons
Martha Stewart Makes Candlesticks with Josh Duhamel
How to Create Monster Salt Crystals
How to Make Homemade Snow Globes
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...