A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 300,932
Currently Running With Scissors:
634 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 107
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "_____ in a box" gift ideas.  (Read 218938 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

roses are red
crafty mccraft pants

dark is the way | light is a place

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #770 on: January 18, 2007 11:44:25 PM »

so im graduating from high school this year and moving half way across the country (from N texas to Chicago).. and i want to give my parents something like ME in a box....  but im not sure what to put in it....   they dont need any more pictures or frames, but thats the only thing i can think of.

well you could always do like a lil care package sorta thing..
i mean you could put some postcards from home in it... some stamps.. so they know you wanna talk to them still.... a phone card or something... obviously (or maybe not so obviously) you're a crafter so why not try to craft them something small... something they'd like but they know it would be from you so as to remind them of you... whatever your hobbies are maybe include things of them.. like if youre into soccer put a soccer ball keychain or something of the sort. or if you're feeling really ambitious you could make a small journal/scrapbook kinda thing and take pictures from photo albums to show how you have grown over the years... into what you have become today. then leave the last page blank and send them a picture of you in chicago... all grown up. so they can put it in there. yknow??? or make a nice frame or buy a nice frame and put it in there so you can send them a picture of you as soon as you get there! Smiley i dunno....

these are just ideas? okay bye! haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

|| dismantle.repair ||

pinterest | craftstock | adelaide arts

<3 personal swaps
purevitality
« Reply #771 on: January 30, 2007 12:43:56 PM »

All seventy eight pages. I swear to you. I read every every EVERY single post. In one sitting.

(I'm home sick! yay free time.) I'm gonna say it now. I deserve a standing ovation.

Now that that's taken care of, another unbelievable bit of news. I haven't found an idea to fit my needs! I've found about a hundred ideas that I don't need but will make use of... but none for what I'm looking for.

Ok: Boyfriend. Turning 19.  We've been dating about... 15 months. He's three years older, so me taking him some place is... kind of hard. Plays guitar and piano but not seriously. Avid, avid reader. Acts. Writes. Sings. Likes the Giants. Very smart, sweet guy. Loves movies and music.

I'd like to make it more specific but I can't think of ANYTHING. So for now it's "Mike-in-a-box"

*I-Pod cozy
*A book of poetry from Bukowski (he loves poetry)
*A cook book (i force him to cook for me. a gift that gives back!)
*voo doo rachael (the poor boy has to put up with my taunting)
*personalized "cootie catchers" (he has horrible luck, the worst of anyone i know)
*19 hershey kisses (with the papers exchanged for things i love about him)

Possibly "19-in a box" (19 things?) or "Reader-in-a-box"

I want to spoil him!

Oh. Side note! Four of my friends and I are going to scotland/london this summer for a theater competition any ideas for "scotland" in a box?

THANKS ALL! It's been a blast (a bloody long one but a blast all the same) reading thes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

everybody here is out of sight
they dont bark and they dont bite
they keep things loose they keep it tight
everybodys dancing in the moonlight
bloomeenee
« Reply #772 on: February 03, 2007 01:55:48 AM »

Hey just discovered this thread... how cool!
Anyway, this is to be my theme for the next three presents I need to send...

So, Quilter in a box: fat quarters, thread, pins, a notebook... need more ideas.

Rebel in a box... I'm thinking 50's rebel theme here: I bought her a 'Cry Baby' tee, because we both love that movie, and I've bought her a leather cuff, but I need help with some more ideas please?

finally, I  have a freind with a really stressful job, and I'm thinking either the obvious relaxation thing, or maybe some sort of XXX-rated box, with handcuffs, a suitable (or should that be unsuitable Embarrassed Shocked) novel, etc.
Can anyone give me some more ideas? Especially for the rebel box!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tipsy_toes
« Reply #773 on: February 03, 2007 11:59:49 PM »

All seventy eight pages. I swear to you. I read every every EVERY single post. In one sitting.

(I'm home sick! yay free time.) I'm gonna say it now. I deserve a standing ovation.

Now that that's taken care of, another unbelievable bit of news. I haven't found an idea to fit my needs! I've found about a hundred ideas that I don't need but will make use of... but none for what I'm looking for.

Ok: Boyfriend. Turning 19.  We've been dating about... 15 months. He's three years older, so me taking him some place is... kind of hard. Plays guitar and piano but not seriously. Avid, avid reader. Acts. Writes. Sings. Likes the Giants. Very smart, sweet guy. Loves movies and music.

I'd like to make it more specific but I can't think of ANYTHING. So for now it's "Mike-in-a-box"

*I-Pod cozy
*A book of poetry from Bukowski (he loves poetry)
*A cook book (i force him to cook for me. a gift that gives back!)
*voo doo rachael (the poor boy has to put up with my taunting)
*personalized "cootie catchers" (he has horrible luck, the worst of anyone i know)
*19 hershey kisses (with the papers exchanged for things i love about him)

Possibly "19-in a box" (19 things?) or "Reader-in-a-box"

I want to spoil him!

Oh. Side note! Four of my friends and I are going to scotland/london this summer for a theater competition any ideas for "scotland" in a box?

THANKS ALL! It's been a blast (a bloody long one but a blast all the same) reading thes!

You could purchase him a notebook, and decorate it, and decorate a pen, make it all fancy. And give the both of them to him.

As for your friends, grab a photo of them (you could do this either on the computer or cut up a photo.....) and place a scrapbook (or photoshop) kilt on them!
Maybe make a clay, palm sized castle?
If any are female, a plaid ribbon or plaid skirt.
Some reading material for the trip, with maybe a bookmark that is related to scottland in someway?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sancrea
« Reply #774 on: February 04, 2007 04:37:55 PM »

Yes, yes, yes! 78 pages. After all that, I have so many ideas.  Cheesy

I would like some suggestions, though.
My boyfriend and I are having our own
Valentine's Day on our 5 month "anniversary"
since I will be gone for Valentine's Day.
Even though it's only been 5 months, it's
been wonderful. I'd like to do "V-Day in a box"
or "Love in a box" as a surprise gift, since I'm
broke and he won't be expecting anything
from me.

Sorry, I ramble...

I want it to be sort of a "While I'm gone" and
"For when I come back" thing...
...Mixed with "Happy Five Months!" and
"Happy Valentine's Day!" thing.

Complicated? I wouldn't be surprised. If anyone
can help, I'd appreciate it.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Caroline8
« Reply #775 on: February 07, 2007 09:01:28 AM »

lol i wish i was that dedicated, or indeed had that much time.

Ok, so its my friend's birthday next week, and I was very stuck for a present for her, but seeing this thread, and remembering that she wants to be a doctor, gave me the idea of "Doctor in a box" (sorry if this has already been done, i have tried to search in the thread but the searching server thingie is down at the moment).

I already have some shrek plasters which were too cool to resist, and I'm thinking about buying her a white t-shirt and making it look like a doctor's coat, but I'm stuck for what else to get. Any ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
whatzudoin
« Reply #776 on: February 10, 2007 08:04:19 PM »

mmmk, so i was looking at all the posts on this post and i was wondering if anyone can think of one for my 17yr old boyfriend... hes into hippie stuff and like the whole nature thing (yoga, insence...) please help me out!

thanks
ashley

hippy in a box: 
     +  incense sticks/burner
     +  fake flower (probably a daisy would work best)
     +  cd or record by marley, the doors, etc.
     +  little buddha figurine or candle (i know alot of hippy types who are buddhist)
     +  yoga mat/intructional video/booklet
     +  random patches for jeans or backpack (if he uses one)
     +  circle sunglasses (a la ringo)

you could rename this if he doesn't want to be called a hippy, like "peace & love in a box."  i'll look up some more ideas online, i really like this theme for some reason.

You could do a tie dye t-shirt in the box or something that is tie-dyed or you could do like a magnet or something with a lava lamp on it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to do personal swaps if anyones interested. If your interested please write me!
penguin91
« Reply #777 on: February 11, 2007 07:36:30 AM »

For my friend for valentine's day I was thinking of doing a sort of "get the valentine of your dreams" kit type of thing.  Like a box full of things for snagging whatever boy she's interested in.  I don't want to spend a ton of money on this either.  So far my only ideas are some lipgloss, mints, and a dollar bill.  There's this store at the mall with 99 cent underwear bins she goes to... Roll Eyes  I was also thinking of putting together a booklet of good looking actors, models, etc. for her to admire if there are no guys in her real life worthy of her interest.  Does my idea make sense?  I could use a few more suggestions.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GrandTheftUno
« Reply #778 on: February 11, 2007 09:51:24 AM »

What about a little pocket book notebook, the first page filled with cheezy pickup lines?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
penguin91
« Reply #779 on: February 14, 2007 01:39:28 PM »

That's great!  She loves cheesy pickup lines!  Do you know of any good ones?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 107 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Using Preview Modes
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Placing Guides on Multiple Pages
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Customizing Guide Colors
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Using Control Palette Calculations
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Understanding Guides as Objects
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...