A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 300,901
Currently Running With Scissors:
511 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 107
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "_____ in a box" gift ideas.  (Read 218889 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

elvissatx
Bad Girl Upset By The Truth

Ruby, my smart fortwo cabriolet

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #740 on: November 27, 2006 06:51:09 PM »

How about the classic-- mani/pedi stuff?

My best friend and I have kind of lost touch.  We see eachother in the halls at school, but we never really get a chance to talk or hangout like we used to.  So, for Christmas I was thinking of making her a 'Sleepover in a Box', complete with everything we need to have an awesome all-nighter together.  Do you think that sounds lame?  I was thinking of including...

-popcorn
-tons of sugar and caffine filled things to keep us up all night!
-possibly a blockbuster giftcard.  Either that, or right before the night I'll just to go to blockbuster and rent as many Johnny Depp movies as I can find for a Johnny movie marathon!  Cheesy  I'm sure she would appreciate that.
-either a pillow or blanket that I'll sew for her.  I'm leaning towards a pillow.
-a bunch of mix CDs to listen to.
-a package of instant brownies or something similar for when we get hungry late in the night
-maybe some sort of simple crafty type thing to do that we can remember the night by.  She has one of those printers to hook up her camera to, so maybe I could bring scrapbooking stuff.  I don't know  Ideas?

I'd appreciate some more ideas for this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cool!  I made the Best of 2009 twice!   Check 'em out! 

Yo-Yo Dress of Doom http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=299010.0

Smart Santa Hat http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=330595.0
aaron19
« Reply #741 on: November 28, 2006 01:50:28 PM »

I was thinking for my parents for christmas I would do a "date night in a box". I thought of picking a romantic comedy such as There's something about mary and centering my theme around that. Any ideas?

So far for my date night in a box I have:

Fake champange glasses
Candle sticks
One of those plastic red checkered table cloths
A box of spagetthi
Pasta Sauce
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mento_bug
« Reply #742 on: November 28, 2006 02:16:21 PM »

love the dat night box, i might do that for mine too! maybe you could also include a mix cd of; fav songs, love songs, or just plain old oldies that they like. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cursive_queen
« Reply #743 on: November 30, 2006 11:27:49 AM »

I dont know that anyone checks up on this thread regularly, but I need some ideas for "france in a box".  We're doing secret santa at work, but I dont know this girl well.  She said she wanted either french tapes or a french word a day calendar, so I thought I could build around that.  Its has to be under $20 total
SO far I have

~Perrier water
~Amiele Soundtrack
~cheese and crackers
THIS ROCKS   Logged
EricaDawn
« Reply #744 on: November 30, 2006 08:14:21 PM »

Sorry if this has been talked about already and I hope people still read this thread Smiley

Anways, my sister who lives across country, her husband is in the Navy. He is going away in January for 6 months. It will be their first time apart as a married couple and she is really struggling with this right now. I want to do something VERY special for her to get through it in hopes that it will go by quicker than she thinks.

So pretty much I wanna make her "surviving with your husband...or something like that" in a box.

Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated.

A little about my sister: She is your typical barbie doll, in a good way, she loves pink, she loves shopping and girlie girl type stuff. She has an awesome career and is currently going to school as well. Thanks everyone, I know you'll help me get through this! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ness_71
« Reply #745 on: December 01, 2006 12:57:03 AM »

So my best friend lives kinda far, and she's a bit of a wild one, while I'm a bit of a goody two shoes. Always trying to watch over her is pretty difficult. So for xmas I'm thinking about making her a "Be Safe" in a box. Kind of a combination between safe sex, clubbing, and drinking. So far some ideas I've come up with:
- Condoms
- A calling card
- A taxi card/gift certificate type thing
- Hand sanitizer
- Pepper spray
- Water
- Asprin
- I would like to include a vibrator because, of course thats the safest sex  Wink but that might be akward haha

Anymore ideas?
Thanks guys!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
itscute
Blimy

I live like a hermit in my own head.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #746 on: December 03, 2006 05:55:23 AM »

i love this in a box idea... this is what my friends are going to get for christmas!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

adoptasong

Once upon a time there were two little girls...

View Profile
« Reply #747 on: December 04, 2006 03:30:10 PM »

So.  Last night we found out our friend has colon cancer.  This has us totally stunned, since he's the healthiest person we know, and he's only 27 years old--too young even to be screened for this, without a family history of cancer.  I find it cruelly ironic that the only person I know who has never had alcohol, smoked, or done other drugs, and even avoids caffeine (!), will soon be pumped so full of poisons all his hair will fall out. (And hopefully it'll also make him better, of course!)   

Anyway... Since he's in St. Louis, and we're in South Carolina and I can't even visit... I'm making him a "kicking cancer's ass" care-box.  The only thing I'm sure I'm making is a shirt that says
"I'M KICKING CANCER'S ASS. WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY?" 

I think he'll like that.  I would like that saying/slogan to go on the back of a shirt, and I'd like ideas for what to do on the front.  I was thinking something on the left breast/pocket area would be cool.  Any ideas are welcome.

Any ideas for other things to include in this box would be greatly appreciated.
i dont know if you are still looking for ideas, but when my grandad went through chemo, it made all his hair fall out (the fact that he was about 70 and still had a full head of hair made it even sadder.) but when he was in the hospital, we made him a "mr. Disguise-o" kit with things like a cigar (daddy warbucks) and a gold earring (mr. clean) to make him feel better.
best wishes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elainajune
« Reply #748 on: December 04, 2006 08:41:18 PM »

This is such a great idea!!! I love it.
I am also going to use it I think for my Channukah gifts this year.
Purple Hippo you can also add CHannukah Candles or even make your own to put in.  You can really easily make Channukiahs (menorahs) to put in also.  You can check these out http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=137471.0
The road trip emergency box idea is great for your friend.  Also ofcocurse mixtapes and maps and sight seeing suggestions are great reminds me of Elizabeth town.  Wasnt such a fan of that movie but the stuff she gave him for the roadtrip was magnificent.

So here are some ideas I have:
Pirate in a box
Summer in a box
Winter in a box
Or even have a 4 season set
With different apparel ie hats, sunglasses, scarves etc.. for the different seasons
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elainajune
« Reply #749 on: December 05, 2006 08:25:19 AM »

I forgot I had one other idea...
Greenhouse In A Box
include:
1) potting soil
2) seeds
3) a small pot (you can also include paints to decorate the pot if it is just a plain terra cotta pot)  or you can use a chinese food take out box tp put everything in, or i guess really an box that you use could be used to lant the seeds in.
4) small water bottle ( to water the plant)
5) you could even included a small already potted plant
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 107 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do an Upside-Down French Braid Bun
Must Try Curling Irons
Ways To Make Your Hair Grow Faster
How to Get Great Poolside Hair-Dos
How to Do a Nicole Scherzinger Updo
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...