A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,542
Currently Running With Scissors:
658 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: (cross)DRESSES v. 2.0  (Read 2936 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Leesah
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2007 01:04:23 PM »

That is absolutely darling!  You really need to have a little girl LOL  I love love love having a daughter and I'm 20 wks pg right now.. I'm hoping this one is a girl too because making dresses, skirts and all things girlie is so much fun Cheesy  Plus I wouldn't know what to do with a boy, guess I could try to make as beautiful dresses as you and dress him up in them for photo sessions hahahaha Wink

Great job on the dresses!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheMistressT
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2007 04:12:01 PM »

Those are gorgeous!  The buyer is very lucky that you care so much about the details, because they got very nice dresses!

It's difficult for crafty types to charge, because we often think "I could make that for way less money" when we see something for sale, but you must remember that your time is worth money - especially when you have a skill like sewing well.  Of course you have to consider what X number of people are willing to pay, but you also have decide how much money you want to make an hour.  Multiply that by how many hours it took you to make them (including getting your materials) and then add the cost of materials to get a price.  You can tweak it from there to fit your market, etc.  If you have your own patterns that people can choose from, there is a chance that you'll get much faster at making that limited number of designs and can either charge less or earn more profit or a little of both.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftewoman
Tutorial Contributor

Busy sculpting...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2007 09:18:25 PM »

The dresses and boleros are gorgeous as I knew they would be (from your earlier post of the mock-ups. You can't find that kind of detailing at a store! You are so skilled, and have such an eye for detail. Be proud of them and revel in your success!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KiaraG
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2007 10:29:15 AM »

I love the dress and the bolero! The kiddo is cute, too. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ebonyjade
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2007 03:00:34 PM »

GORGEOUS!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To find what you seek in the road of life, <br />the best proverb of all is that which says:<br />\"Leave no stone unturned.\"
blue engine
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2007 12:52:58 PM »

Wow! Such fun to see how this project turned out! Just wonderful.

I didn't catch the part where you said how much you were charging, but I'd think an arm and leg would be pretty reasonable, considering how much detailed work you did---that quality, in just exactly the right color for the wedding, you can't buy that in a store, it's really special.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Coffy or bouncy, it's all the same at the bottom of the river.
dcuker
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2007 06:09:28 AM »

The dress is beautiful and the details are perfect (so is the little model).  This is so professional and absolutely beautifully constructed.  The little girl who receives this is very lucky. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn About Floaty Pens
maya tuto - verin
ALEXANDEREPAIR
How to Start a Nature Journal
How to Stretch
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...