A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 302,560
Currently Running With Scissors:
711 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dios de Los Muertos Swap  (Read 7100 times)
Tags for this thread: day_of_the_dead , dia_de_los_muertos  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

serendipity_sarah
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2007 08:58:49 AM »

No package yet Serendipity_Sarah?  Sad  My husband fessed up he didn't send it when I asked and waited a few days.....darn him!  I told him I NEEDED it out on that day and he said he forgot about it on the backseat.  Darn men!  But it should already be there......I gotta get that DC number and find out where it's at.....

No, sorry.  Nothing yet.  Maybe somebody at the post office is enjoying the stuff you made.  Wink   Boo...unreliable snail mail.  Roll Eyes
I'll let you know as soon as it gets here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2007 11:46:22 AM »

Oh I am such a plonker! I was hanging out on the other day of the dead swap gallery! Fortunately someone alerted me to the fact before I posted pictures of the amazing stuff that ammasmama sent me.
I got back from London late last night to a tantalising note from the postman telling me that there was a box for me, but I couldnt get it until after work today...it was a long long long day but I got the best craft swap package that I have ever got!

prepare to be very jealous.

This is the whole package, all of the stuff, I was so spoilt, she sent so much! Lucky me

in more detail, the fabulous fabulous bag, my almost 13 year old daughter wanted it, but its all mine!! It is perfect for work, it'll hold all my folders, books etc etc, with some great skull and crossbones pencils and a notebook, in the pockets under the front flap.

Lined with great pink skull fabric, ammasmama sent me some fabric too, including some of the same lining fabric, I did relent and let my daughter have that (and the great skull pez),

more fabulous fabric, in the background of this pic, is the inside of the red box from the first pic, decorated with felt and an adorable sugar skull. Also a fabulous sugar skull all glitter and sequins

two brilliant frames with skulls and loteria images, and a great purse, it is a wonderful tattoo fabric with some skulls sewn on and a skull on the ribbon on the zip (I love it soooooo much) and fridge magnets, which are proudly adorning my fridge as we speak.

ammasmama is truly a fabulous crafter and very generous and I feel so so spoilt! Thank you so much!

« Last Edit: November 05, 2007 11:48:05 AM by edel » THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2007 11:53:50 AM »

Hmm I am not sure I like that thumbnail view of the stuff, but I guess since the images are large it makes them easier to see, but they are worth clicking on as they dont really do ammasmama's work justice.

To answer your questions, yes the magnets are painted and hand drawn as is the pendant and t-shirt, I am sooo glad it fits as it was a stab in the dark as to your size! I am really pleased with how the t-shirt turned out as it was my first attempt at bleach painting.

I simply used a thick bleach and a paintbrush, I didnt realise that there were lots of little splatters until they showed up but I liked them so much that I added more. It was painted free-hand and its rather challenging to paint with bleach as you dont see right away how the lines are coming out, I added in the flowers with fabric paint. I have to say I was really pleased with how it turned out

The fabric for the bag came from a different craft swap which I pieced together in large strips, the skulls are felt and hand sewn. I really enjoyed making those skulls, they are so fast and easy that I have made more.....um...quite a few more in fact!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007 03:22:24 PM by edel » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ammasmama

LuCkY Me, LuCkY MuD

« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2007 12:16:37 PM »

yeaaa for the arrival of mail!

i have bigger pics of edel's things, well you can click on them and make them huge, at flickr, it's the 1st 11 pics, i think-
http://flickr.com/photos/9473004@N08/

the thing i loved making the most was making the skull... i just took the Styrofoam (or "paper" as they're called at wal-mart) 1$ skulls and layered them in plaster of paris i had sitting around left over from my belly casts when i was preggo. and decorated them with different things. they were alot of fun.

edel got the one on the left, they're super easy, and they're not heavy, because they're hollow, not cast!
  i have some life sized skulls in progress too!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

serendipity_sarah
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2007 12:54:30 PM »

I got my package from MnkyMama today!  Grin

Three small plastic sugar skull candy buckets, 2 skull erasers, blue sugar skull w/ roses shrinky dink pendant,  2 pairs skully earrings, shrinky dink skully bow on silver chain necklace, 2 polymer clay sugar skull beads, silvery rhinestone skull & crossbones pendant on beaded silver chain necklace, decoupaged bangle bracelet and stripey arm warmers that MnkyMama made for my niece.

THANKS MnkyMama!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008 07:08:12 PM by serendipity_sarah - Reason: broken picture links » THIS ROCKS   Logged
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2007 03:25:19 PM »

Oh and ammasmama, I hope you dont mind me posting a chunk of the pm you sent me, because I thought it was very funny (though obviously not for the chipmunk!). My daughter thought it was hilarious!

i was making a cigar box alter for the skull using some of the other things i sent, but it got attacked... i put it outside overnight for the paint to dry, with the top open, and a chipmunk got stuck in it and clawed holes in one side trying to get out!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007 03:26:43 PM by edel » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ammasmama

LuCkY Me, LuCkY MuD

« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2007 03:33:34 PM »

lol, i thought i had photographed it, but i can't find it on my computer with the 9,999,999 baby pictures!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sheep_need_sweaters2

Dancin' with my Gnomies

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2007 05:22:46 PM »

Yay for pictures! Tiffie sent me some wonderful goodies!

A rockin' jewelry box that now lives on my dresser!

a sweet painting that hangs out next to my gnomes on my desk and some awesome jewelry!

and an awesome clutch that is perfect for the bars!

All in all I'm really impressed, she has some wicked painting skills!

(p.s. I think some of the photos might be wonky, flickr has eaten the messenger bag picture  Huh)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Arthur: Ford?
Ford: Yeah?
Arthur: I think I'm a sofa...
Ford: [pause] I know how you feel...
ammasmama

LuCkY Me, LuCkY MuD

« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2007 07:57:12 PM »

i am now inspired to knit arm warmers again. and it takes a lot to get me to knit!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gothmom
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2007 03:15:41 PM »

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nd_lryCA8IM"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nd_lryCA8IM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

Okay so I got my shrine yesterday and it is so frikkin flyy!  I got teary over the skeletons of my mom and dad especially and nosey looks so cute!  Thanks so much!  Everybody at work is asking all about this and I totally sold a total stranger on craftster when she saw me unpacking the box!

Wow - you did a super job on your very first swap!

Gothmom
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007 03:17:07 PM by gothmom » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Knit with Knitting Needles Part 2/4
How to Knit with Knitting Needles Part 4/4
How to Loom Knit a Holiday Stocking Part 1/12
How to Loom Knit a Holiday Stocking Part 12/12
How to Loom Knit a Holiday Stocking Part 2/12
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...