A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,042
Currently Running With Scissors:
589 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Magazines / Clippings / Etc  (Read 75198 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cdoggett
« Reply #90 on: January 07, 2006 08:36:13 AM »

make a Swipe File! what  you do is take magazine images that inspire you (be it for your home, life, fashion, whatever)and  crop them nicely. Then you glue them neatly onto some heavy guage paper (both sides), holepunch the paper and either put it all in a binder or make a book out of it. I mounted mine on white paper  organized them by colour which made it look really nice.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
doc*dog

What cute grandkids, they can't be mine!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: March 08, 2006 05:53:05 AM »

I did a box to keep my watches in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kiwisinger
« Reply #92 on: April 22, 2006 11:59:12 AM »

If you find some cool patterns that you like (on clothes, walls, advertisements, etc) or even tiny pictures, you can use the small, flat, clear glass stones to make magnets or tacks! Just cut it out, glue it on, trim around the stone and attatch a small magnet (ones out of shower curtains are perfect!) I've become addidcted and even make sets of them! you can also decoupage small tins with mag clippings to store them in and give as gifts!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
doc*dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: April 29, 2006 03:52:08 AM »

I found the coolest pic of a winning soccer team, running across the field without their pants to celebrate their victory. A shot from "behind" it was. I decoupaged it onto a square ashtray and call it my "butt" tray. Had it for years and people keep trying to steal it! Grin I hope the pic isn't offensive.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2006 03:53:42 AM by doc*dog » THIS ROCKS   Logged

mcc
« Reply #94 on: April 29, 2006 03:58:58 AM »

I found the coolest pic of a winning soccer team, running across the field without their pants to celebrate their victory. A shot from "behind" it was. I decoupaged it onto a square ashtray and call it my "butt" tray. Had it for years and people keep trying to steal it! Grin I hope the pic isn't offensive.

That is tooooooo funny!!! I have not decoupaged before.. how did you do it to the ashtray??? from the underside??? BTW, what is the best way to decoupage??? I am about to attempt a decoupage project... Thanks.

mcc
« Last Edit: April 29, 2006 04:30:35 AM by mcc » THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #95 on: April 29, 2006 05:58:42 AM »

Cheesy Now that I have snorted coffee through my nose laughing so hard...great ashtray...where did you say you live?  Do you lock your doors at night? Do you have a guard dog? hee hee Guess I will have to make my own!! Thanks for posting--it made my morning!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 101/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
doc*dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: April 29, 2006 04:14:23 PM »

I'm glad no one was offended.
Here's a link to some decoupage tutes.
http://www.hometalkentertainment.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17055
If you dampen paper first, it works better and won't bubble or wrinkle bad. Just the opposite with wallpaper. Better on that with somewhat thicker glue (just don't water it down as much) and dry paper. I use plain old school glue, not the decoupage meduim. I'm cheap and have had better luck with regular glue. Water it down for any paper that's not wallpaper. With practice, you learn how to cut "darts" around corners and surfaces that aren't flat. Just takes practice. Grab an old glass bottle or a round plastic ball to practice with scrap paper. I still screw up the first rounded edge on every project I do!
I hope this helps. Check out my message board (in my sig) and register as a member. We have some cool stuff there.
Again, if anyone is offended by the pic, please let me know and I'll remove it. Thanks bunches!
And, sorry I forgot to answer your question. Yep, I deco'd it from underneath and after it dried, I sprayed with about 10 coats (thin) of clear "spray paint", Wal Mart cheapie kind. I give it maybe 2 additional coats a year. I run it thru the dishwasher all the time and it has held up fine.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2006 08:07:41 AM by doc*dog » THIS ROCKS   Logged

firzenma

Do you want furi kuri?

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 29, 2006 06:32:08 PM »

well for my friend's birthdays I usually make them collages from magazine clippings that describe their personalities and if they have a serious boy friend you could put his face on there or make a seperate on of him...in case they break up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

700 and growing.....
cpnoi
« Reply #98 on: April 29, 2006 08:17:22 PM »

i found this on a japanise site. http://www.eotoday.com/fashion/diy/bag/index.html

That's actually Thai. Just saying. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
babymates
« Reply #99 on: May 31, 2006 11:18:00 AM »

i hope no one suggested this yet but...
paper dolls anyone?
or what I like to do is combind my clippings with pictures of my friends and make a really awesome scrap/memory book.
My grandma used Mod Podge to decorate her sewing cabinet. (Flamingo theme  Cheesy)  It looked splendid I must say.

Hundreds of magazines equal hours of fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Little Mary Jane Booties Part 9/19
How to Crochet Little Mary Jane Booties Part 8/19
How to Crochet Little Mary Jane Booties Part 6/19
How to Crochet Little Mary Jane Booties Part 5/19
How to Crochet Little Mary Jane Booties Part 7/19
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...