A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,692
Currently Running With Scissors:
449 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Magazines / Clippings / Etc  (Read 75707 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ournew
« Reply #120 on: September 21, 2007 07:38:47 PM »

I don't know if someone has posted it, but I found it yesterday and began to make them inmediately!

Curly magazine ribbons
http://dannyseo.typepad.com/my_weblog/2007/09/curly-magazine-.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

heeheeitsme463
« Reply #121 on: December 10, 2007 06:14:18 PM »

I thought that this was really cute...

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp;jsessionid=760316E79C16EF966B28F0C6D2215F6D.app11-node6?itemdescription=true&itemCount=60&id=13952718&parentid=A_FURN_PRETTY&sortProperties=&navCount=143&navAction=poppush&color=

or...

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp;jsessionid=AFF579595BE26BFF1DE87A9B6B183D4D.app11-node6?itemdescription=true&itemCount=60&id=13076880&parentid=A_FURN_WALL&sortProperties=+product.marketingPriority,-product.startDate&navCount=5&navAction=poppush&color=

the second is my favorite..i might try to figure out how to make it (it looks like little magazine squares rolled up)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pigs are friends, not food.
cat2007
« Reply #122 on: January 05, 2008 12:02:02 PM »

this comes from my thrifty nannie:   'tell her to make some trash cans"  her instructions are:
several magazines with pages cut out
elmers glue (it's what she used but i know there are better glues out there)
circular cardboard  (ice cream container from fast food resturants work real well) or small to medium box (i prefer boxes)
rubberbands (large to hold the pages onto the container of your choice until the glue dries)
beginning with one corner of the page roll it tightly into a tight tube use a small amount of glue to hold the roll in place. she would spend a day or so making the tubes then about an hour tweaking the rolls in place on the container.  after you apply the glue to the outer section she used a sharp knife to cut the points off the top and bottom so it would set flat. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lethal_Lollipop
« Reply #123 on: February 10, 2008 03:20:21 PM »

I did this for my friend's birthday. Sorry I don't have pictures, my camera is retarded.

Anywho, here's what you do:

Take a spiral. You know, the ones you get at walmart for like, 50 cents. Pick a theme for the back. I used perfume bottles. Tape them onto the back on the journal. The front is a bit more complicated. Basically, you weave strips of magazine ads and tape them in place on the front of the spiral. It looked really cool, I'll try and get some pics later.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swaps would be awesome.
Random PMs are encouraged as well.

"It's the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more."

"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live, Harry."

-Albus Dumbledore
littlefawnpug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Formally known as missmoppet

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #124 on: February 12, 2008 11:25:49 AM »

You can use the paper to make some pretty spectacular 3d origami projects.  Course patience is key.  As, its take alot of time.  I have a book that shows how to make 3d dogs, cats, squirrels & all kinds of critters.   I spend hours making them because each animal over 300 pieces of paper.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-I give up on making TOL pendants.  If anyone would like to have my stone chips, wire and ect.  I would gladly trade it all for some knitting/crochet stuff.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
TheCandyWrapperKing
« Reply #125 on: March 25, 2008 11:17:21 PM »

I cut up about half a mag and folded and wove it into a purse. It was so awesome when I finally figured out how they make em in Mexico! haha  Anyway, the magazine pages make a good practice run before moving on to the candy wrappers.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2008 11:18:53 PM by TheCandyWrapperKing » THIS ROCKS   Logged

KMOM13
« Reply #126 on: April 04, 2008 05:06:51 AM »

I made this no-cost paper bead necklace using Orange Juice Ads out of magazines that were lying around and a piece of leftover orange ribbon.

I made the paper beads by cutting the strips, applyed glue with a glue stick, rolled each bead up tightly then strung on the orange ribbon and tied the ribbon in a bow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Robocluck
« Reply #127 on: April 20, 2008 04:06:36 PM »

I'm not sure if it has been suggested allready, but if you're interested in origami, there's always 'lucky stars'
you can buy 'lucky star paper' online and in asian/craft stores,.. but its really just a fancy way to say 'we've pre-cut strips of paper approx. 1cm wide' Wink

I've marked and cut a bunch of pages at a time from a magazine i no longer had use for and made really pretty stars that had great colours/visual texture to them. Sort by colour, and bottle/bag. they make cute presents for those who are into them... I guess you could also thread them and make a mobile or garland of sorts...

THIS ROCKS   Logged
pink_princess
« Reply #128 on: June 26, 2008 01:38:29 AM »

I just read the entire thread (phew!) and i dont think ive seen anyone suggest this...
I have used a paste called 'image maker' in the past. its made by dylon and it transfers photocopies onto fabric and it apparently also works for magazines (please note i have only used photocopies in the past so i dont know how well magazines work) I think im going to try it with magazines....if i ever find my tub of image maker again!!!
here's a link if you're curious....
http://www.fredaldous.co.uk/shop-online/dylon-image-maker.htm
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ducky go down the hooooole!
star69

Summer swappin' fever and writing inspiration!

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 15, 2008 12:23:03 PM »

ahh, i'm so into the scrapbooking with the pages but what to do with the rest of it i don't like! i'm gonna make me one of those magazine bags. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sexy Lingerie For Every Body Type
Anti-Aging Clothing Repairs Skin, While It Sucks It In
5 Ways to Wear a Maxi Skirt for Any Occasion
Kendall And Kylie Jenner Prefer Natural Makeup Over Kardashian Glam
7 New Ways to Wear Your Black Pencil Skirt
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup
@Home This Weekend: Bee Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...