A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: **Entry period extended to May 20!** From concerts to musicals and more, what events inspire YOU?  Craft and enter for a chance to win a chunk of over $500 in prizes from Ticketmaster this month!  Enter now through MAY 20.  Good luck, Craftsters!!
Total Members: 309,592
Currently Running With Scissors:
415 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Magazines / Clippings / Etc  (Read 79792 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

oldladygrady

i am a lineman for the county...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2004 04:16:29 PM »

That idea sounds like it would make stupendous outsider art.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If a woman who sleeps with other women is smashing patriarchy, then a woman who sleeps with whomever she wants is just plain anarchy."
                                                          -Unknown

http://www.crumbsandcompany.blogspot.com/
whereiwastommorow
« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2004 07:22:50 PM »

i have bunches and bunches of old magazines lying around, and im tired of making collages, is there any other way to use them?
id really like to use them as journals, but i dont want to write directly on the pages.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xMNxGURLx
« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2004 11:40:16 AM »

I don't know if this is any help, but me and my friends started this thing with magazine clippings. its a binder full of pix of clothes, make up, hairstyles, guyz, etc. we cut pix out and glued them onto paper then we make notes all over it like "cute skirt", "hes butt-ugly" "that colors looks bad on her" and stuff. we pass it around to our friends all the time and get new pplz to sign it. its really fun. just an idea!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mreld
« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2004 05:00:02 PM »

stupid typos Tongue ok. i fixed the link....it should work now

http://theory.csail.mit.edu/classes/bookbuild/

these were made out of books, but i don't see why you couldn't use magazines......
« Last Edit: November 20, 2004 07:46:37 AM by mreld » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My little corner of the internet: http://theknacksofnic.blogspot.com/
spurtiic
Jennorific

I made BEST OF 2007 for my frozen bird nest pic!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2005 09:24:58 AM »

I have *no idea* how this was done, but it's soooooo cool looking and made of newspaper - so presumably mags would work too.
http://www.recycledplanetstore.com/home%20accents%202.htm
also check out pages 2 & 3 on the handbags section.

Anyone have any clue about this stuff?

No but I am willing to try--that's just too cool.  I especially like the bottle cap lamp.  What an easy way to make a cool and interesting light!  I wanted artificial fruit to put in these weird wire bowls my boyfriend's mom gave to me.  They're really cool but real fruit I put in the fridge to keep it fresh longer--plus I have dogs and they'll eat anything I put on the coffee table... so the paper fruit thing, i'm willing to try.  If anyone knows how, start a thread!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life isn't complete 'til you crochet a uterus for a friend.  Just make sure your fallopian tubes point down and not up! No one needs to lose an eye this way! Wink

I love personal swaps for small stuff (including Hershey Kisses!)! PM me for happy fun rockin' good times!
xMNxGURLx
« Reply #75 on: February 05, 2005 12:50:22 PM »

I have *no idea* how this was done, but it's soooooo cool looking and made of newspaper - so presumably mags would work too.
http://www.recycledplanetstore.com/home%20accents%202.htm
also check out pages 2 & 3 on the handbags section.

Anyone have any clue about this stuff?
those handbags are totally awsome. i was curious so i googled it and i found this...
http://www.globalmarketplace.org/hanrecnewhan1.html

it says that they cut newpaper into long strips, twist them, and weave them like baskets. sounds a bit to time consuming for me tho!! Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Afosofa
« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2005 01:37:22 PM »

Cheesy well i have a collage notebook where i just put many pictures on each side of paper...sometimes i even have a category like COUPLES or YOUNG & HOT. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
e
« Reply #77 on: March 02, 2005 02:07:38 PM »

I decorate lighters with  magazine clippings. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Helcura
« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2005 11:42:11 AM »

You can make furniture out of corrugated cardboard, and then decoupage two or three layers of magazine pages over the top to get a sturdy, smooth surface.

The key to making cardboard furniture is to use at least four layers and turn the pieces so the corrugations of each new layer are at right angles to the previous layer.  Regular all purpose glue works fine both between the layers and to glue down magazine pages.  Cover the whole thing with a clear coat of laquer, spray acrylic or whatever.

You can make surprizingly sturdy tables, chairs, cupboards and other things with cardboard.  The finished furniture looks really heavy, with thick components since it's so many layers of cardboard, but it's very lightweight.

The easiest way to start is to make some simple stacking cubes or end tables.  Once you've worked with simple shapes, you can expand into very complex things and do faux finishes if you like.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lady4feet
« Reply #79 on: April 06, 2005 10:20:25 AM »

I've used the cool pictures as wrapping paper before. My favorite was for my friends B-day I used all hot guy pictures.
I love making cards but I'm cheap too so I don't like buying all the scrapbook stuff or card embelishments. My catalogs/magazines have been shredded over and over again it seems.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Nutella-Banana Crepe Recipe
Easy Dark Chocolate and Raspberry Truffles
How to Make Chocolate Truffles for Two
How to Make an Amored Baymax Gingerbread Cookie
How to Make a Treacle Pudding
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decorative Bulletin Board
Rain, rain, you don't have to go away...
Tute Tuesday: Latch Hooked Rag Rug

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...