A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 300,907
Currently Running With Scissors:
559 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Magazines / Clippings / Etc  (Read 77575 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

123shopaholic
« Reply #100 on: June 06, 2006 08:51:18 PM »

once a year i take all of my old magazine clippings and i buy a cheap notebook and lay them out. i call them "megazines" (dorky, i know) it's my practice for being a magazine editor... Roll Eyes

i've been doing it for 9 years now, so i'm on volume 8. i looked at volume one the other day, and i laughed at all the stupid crap i filled that book up with hehehe.

but people are catching on. i got my old roomate to do the same. she;s such a cutie

lol thats actually a cute idea... its almost like a diary in away because you can look back at it years later and see what its like, thats with me and my old diarys haha i never use them but i always would take one on my trips with me{i had like 5} and i had a diary whan i was like 5 and i could not spell at all lol i was reading and im like "what the heck was i trying to say?" haha
so for your "magazine" what would you write in it? like would you only cut out pictures and write an article about it  or would you just put in articles from magaines and then right about?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knittingal

The Phantom of the Opera is there...*ooh, where?*

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 07, 2006 02:15:19 AM »

what a great idea! i love at the moment how big hair is in - like backcombed quiffs and messy chignons - at the moment i've contented myself with decorated the inside of my files for college - it is a bit distracting though - ie i should be working but i'm too busy longing after an outfit/ being able to do a hairstyle etc Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knit, knit, knit, knit, knit, knit,
knit a lil scarf for me!
Cheesy
lanfear32
« Reply #102 on: August 30, 2006 08:51:14 AM »

I found the coolest pic of a winning soccer team, running across the field without their pants to celebrate their victory. A shot from "behind" it was. I decoupaged it onto a square ashtray and call it my "butt" tray. Had it for years and people keep trying to steal it! Grin I hope the pic isn't offensive.

I WANT a butt tray!!!!!   Wink  I will have to look for a good "behind" picture for it...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I used to be Snow White, but I drifted..."
              --Mae West
coexist_love
« Reply #103 on: November 16, 2006 11:37:11 AM »

once a year i take all of my old magazine clippings and i buy a cheap notebook and lay them out. i call them "megazines" (dorky, i know) it's my practice for being a magazine editor... Roll Eyes

i've been doing it for 9 years now, so i'm on volume 8. i looked at volume one the other day, and i laughed at all the stupid crap i filled that book up with hehehe.

but people are catching on. i got my old roomate to do the same. she;s such a cutie

I like this idea!

I' recently cleaned out my magazines and I cut up a punch of stuff to make paper beads.  They come out really interesting if you cut them in triangle, wrap them around a wooden kabob skewer (with glue) and then cover with clear nailpolish.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

123shopaholic
« Reply #104 on: November 16, 2006 08:24:13 PM »

I like this idea!

I' recently cleaned out my magazines and I cut up a punch of stuff to make paper beads.  They come out really interesting if you cut them in triangle, wrap them around a wooden kabob skewer (with glue) and then cover with clear nailpolish.

clear nail polish? i didn't know that! i tried the paper bead things once and it turned out really baaad... like the glue made the bead sticky and would come apart and everything so the nailpolish would really seal it, thanks for the idea!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
fionahamstern
« Reply #105 on: November 17, 2006 02:44:25 PM »

my cubemate and i made origami cranes from the tons of old magazines from work. we hung them with thread and taped them to the ceiling. they sway gently in the a/c breeze.

http://photobucket.com/albums/m138/fionahamstern/th_FlapExhibit_03.jpg
THIS ROCKS   Logged
coexist_love
« Reply #106 on: November 19, 2006 09:39:53 PM »

I like this idea!

clear nail polish? i didn't know that! i tried the paper bead things once and it turned out really baaad... like the glue made the bead sticky and would come apart and everything so the nailpolish would really seal it, thanks for the idea!

Yeah that's been my experience.  I used regular Elmer's glue to make my beads, and after some trial and error of putting too much on I found that if I put enough glue to hold the bead together with a little extra to make sure the ends stuck down then covered it in clear nailpolish the bead held up pretty well.

My beads turned out pretty hard and seem pretty sturdy so I guess the method I used worked.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovelyxmalia
« Reply #107 on: December 03, 2006 10:56:22 AM »

I just read every post in here (I have no life I know!) and let me tell ya...I love all these ideas.  I have 4 totes of mags that I've been sifting through.  I ended up getting those huge photo albums (with the peel back pages) and taking all articles I wanted and posting them in there.  It got so bad, I ended up with 6 3-ring binders with clear page protectors and 2 more albums.  Then I went on an ebay binge and I just received 70 vintage mags from the 70's and over 200 Cosmo, Scrapbooking, Paper Craft, Self, Marie Claire, and tons of wedding mags.

What I'm tentatively planning is an "inspiration wall"  I want to take pictures and clippings to just post all over one of my walls (the one that isn't covered by wall hangers/windows/doors/shelves).  So far, I have tons of stuff.  I already have shoe boxes filled with cute pics and quotes that I haven't gone through for my wall but I'm hoping to get that done after the holidays.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

She sees shooting stars...
              & comet's tail
She's got heaven in her eyes.
tad1uk
« Reply #108 on: December 09, 2006 05:44:11 PM »

i just read all 11 pages of this thread. it was exciting! haha. ive made collages with my mags. I made color themed ones (8 i think) then i made a hot girls, hot guys, sex themed, and one with mostly words that are negative cuz i was sooo angry at something and it made me feel alot better afterwards. now i keep picture clipping from mags in an acordian file and the articles and whatnot in just a folder. i havent gone thoroughly through all my mags but i have quite a few. i mostly get pictures of women outta them because i like to draw and they make good references for poses and lighting and whatnot.
im digging the envelope idea though! i think after im done reading on this site time going to make a bunch and send xmas cards or random letters to people.
and i definitely want to try that decoupaged shoe idea. there werent many replies to that but it would be super cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rozekitten

Glue, buttons, and a wall. Hmmm...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #109 on: January 07, 2007 10:23:19 PM »

I have to say I am new to Craftster and I am completely amazed at all of the great ideas that are out there.  It can be a little oerwhelming, exciting, but overwhelming.  I'm still excited over the pattern idea on the first post.  I certainly get in my nitches and have bought the same pattern before.  Hooray!  And thank you to eeryone for all of your wonderful ideas and tips.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
David Johnson by Sean Messer
Author Andrew Solomon on Strengths in Difference
Monday the Bullfrog and October the Octopus
Emma Chase Reveals All with XOXO After Dark
Tour Berlin After WWII with Author Joseph Kanon
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...