A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,174
Currently Running With Scissors:
616 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Magazines / Clippings / Etc  (Read 75319 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

wonderwoman1976
I usually have paint on my fingers and on my jeans.

"Believe it or not, I really can draw" -Basquiat

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #140 on: April 21, 2009 08:02:51 AM »

I like to make envelopes out of them.
That's so easy peasy.
Another thing is to save them for collage work.
and you could make paper beads, too.
Paper beads are fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-The Craftaholic
http://www.thecraftaholic.com
--------------------------------------------------------
CraftyDeJa
« Reply #141 on: November 16, 2009 04:58:48 PM »

once a year i take all of my old magazine clippings and i buy a cheap notebook and lay them out. i call them "megazines" (dorky, i know) it's my practice for being a magazine editor... Roll Eyes

i've been doing it for 9 years now, so i'm on volume 8. i looked at volume one the other day, and i laughed at all the stupid crap i filled that book up with hehehe.

but people are catching on. i got my old roomate to do the same. she;s such a cutie

This is an excellent idea!! I like it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The only purpose of the day job is to buy the craft supplies!! Cheesy  Seriously, I LOVE making personalized crafts. I now have a line of hand-crafted fans and notecards using the Zentangle (R) technique. I have also become a Certified Zentangle Teacher and teach other artforms and techniques.
alishamarie

Imagine all the people...living life in peace

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 13, 2010 08:56:02 PM »

I cannot wait to show my mom this....she is continually trying to convince me to throw out the boxes and boxes of magazines I have saved throughout the years...only to find out that I'm not alone in the magazine hoarding business!!!!! Woo hoo! Smiley

After breaking my leg I slowly started going through mine and pulling out the articles I wanted to keep and organized them into a binder...well 4 binders later and a healed leg (aka no more sitting in bed/no attention span!) i need to come up with something new...

love the idea of making envelopes...
did the magnet thing (my friends all make fun of how many I have, yet they all seem to want a set.....haha)
mod podge everything....
love making magazine beads...
still attempting to successfully make a magazine bowl!

i love, love, love that there are others out there like me...  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think everybody should like everybody.
            -andy warhol
MihoSuzuki_com
« Reply #143 on: January 20, 2010 08:28:55 PM »

I normally use it to wrap gifts and weave or layer to make storage boxes.

Some other uses that are fun is to use them to decorate boxes or frames, and even cover novels as book covers.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010 08:30:49 PM by MihoSuzuki_com » THIS ROCKS   Logged
KraftyKitonet
« Reply #144 on: February 02, 2010 09:25:23 AM »

I am so going to start the scanning thing. I have loads of old magazines and clippings. They have just started taking up too much space and hubby says it's time to clear them out. Thanks for the great advice! Now to get my scanner connected to my pc. lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

.::.Wists.::.Etsy.::.
fluttermuffin
« Reply #145 on: February 07, 2010 08:20:54 AM »

my 18 year old daughter has done that with her teen magazines... she has 4"binders... one is completly full and the other is 3/4 full.... and she still thumbs trough them when she is home from college....LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*fruit cake*
« Reply #146 on: May 11, 2010 06:56:15 AM »

have you tried decoupaging furniture?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

poet1butterfly
« Reply #147 on: May 11, 2010 10:37:39 AM »

I am loving this subject.  I have a million magazines and I truly do hate throwing things out. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Take one step at a time, there's no need to rush.  its like learning to fly or falling in love."  Jordan Sparks One Step At A Time
jasminerenee
« Reply #148 on: February 27, 2011 06:56:42 PM »

I'm really happy to know I'm not the only one who clips! Everyone always makes fun of me when I get excited finding new magazines, knowing full well all I want to do is shred them apart. I have a huge box full of clippings, and another box full of pages that need clipped. I then go through every now and then and start to put them in order. I get sidetracked very easily, so I've got like 40 projects all started and none finished. Its pretty pathetic lol. I do keep all the craft ideas separate, and they are now in a little book. Every time I go through the box, I throw away the ideas I no longer feel are relevant or what I'm into now. I did recently find a box I"d clipped back in high school, and I had to laugh out loud at some of the stuff I was into. I did save it, they'll go into a 'memorabilia' album. I also clip pictures of food and such - they go into my recipe scrap box, as I've come up with some killer recipes based solely on what I can decipher from those photos!

I've also used magazine pages to make envelopes. I bought a package of 2x3 white sticker labels at Walmart, and use them for the address labels. I've got some really cute ones that I can't seem to make myself mail out lol!

Jasmine Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mahe Zehra
« Reply #149 on: June 21, 2012 05:07:32 AM »

I use mine to cut out and make altered dolls and things... Here is a picture:

Mahe
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012 12:05:11 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed links to images » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Chicken Curry Sauce Recipe
What Is Chutney
How Tamarind Is Used in Indian Recipes
Chicken Curry with Coconut Milk Recipe
How to Make Channa Masala Sauce
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...