A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 303,162
Currently Running With Scissors:
599 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Magazines / Clippings / Etc  (Read 81683 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2004 01:52:16 PM »

really cool stuff. i'm not sure about alot of it, but on the handbags page there is a multicolored tote, and it looks like it is just pieces of soda can cut in squares with a small jump ring at each corner and then bigger jump rings holding each square together. the bag also appears to have a lining. i would think this would be fairly simple - tho VERY time consuming - to do. my only concern would be the jump rings - i have a hard time making them stay together sometimes and i would worry that the integrity of the bag would be compromised... and who on earth would want to solder each ring!!

second hand smoke: Recycle-Remix-Refresh
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2004 02:02:12 PM »

old magazines are great for tripping over as they sit in piles on your floor! Grin other than that, make some wallets out of em, fold them into envelopes to have cool stationery or something like that

Hey! You can't do that on the Internet!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2004 02:49:50 PM »

u could do what i did. i took some old teen magizines from 99 that i had and tore out some pages of men or whatever and used the pages as tissuse paper to stuff a gift bag for a friend or you could uses a fashion magizine and rip out the good stuff and wrap gifts.

Other then that, i dont know, im still trying to figure out what to do w/ my magizines too. Right now im just tearing words and letters out and posting ransom looking phrases all over my walls.

"Women are meant to Obscene and not Heard" -Groucho Marx
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2004 03:50:00 PM »

cut em into triangular strips to make paper beads!!!  that's what i'm doing with my old magazines.  not sure what i'll use the beads for, though ... maybe a curtain or something
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2004 08:32:07 PM »

I saw a cute tote bag made from old Rolling Stone magazines (and some made from sheets of newspaper) in a store here a few days ago. It looked like the outside sheet on each side was laminated and then stacked with maybe 6 sheets of magazine pages and then sewed together with a zig zag stitch to make a bag.

Edit: Whoops, I didn't realize there was a thread about it.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2004 08:41:39 PM by vestarita » THIS ROCKS   Logged

making it up as we go

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2004 02:18:47 PM »

i'm not sure what you mean about making furniture.  Huh

are you talking about decoupaging?  if you just want to decoupage magazine pictures onto a piece of furniture, say a table, paint a layer of modpodge on, put the picture down, and paint over it again.  keep doing that until you feel like you're done.  you can also add glitter.

if you are talking about actually making furniture from magazines - i have never heard of that, but now i want to know how, too!
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2004 08:12:23 PM »

Maybe this will help....it uses newspapers....

We're all one of a kind, baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2004 01:43:24 PM »

I have a ton of photo boxes...  plain white photo boxes.   I used to keep my photos in them (duh) until I could sort through them for scrapbooks and whatnot.

I keep clippings from magazines in those.   I have one for an inspiration book I'm making (I'm a writer, and studying to be a Creative Writing teacher...  inspiration book = good) and the others are filling with magazine and newspaper clippings, stickers, and whatever else I find that can be useful.   They're all decoupaged and pretty, so they make a good decoration, even though they're stacked in a corner of my room.

I find that with hanging files, the magazine pages tend to curl and then they're just not as pretty.   Yes, I realize that with glue they uncurl, but I'm insane.

It's late, and I've been wondering...  How I can stay awake so long and miss so much...

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2004 01:50:44 PM »

The scanning is a good idea-r.

I keep a little box in my purse so that I can put scraps and things that strike my fancy in there, it works well, just as long as you empty out the box every once and a while.

Yes, I state the obvious.

Sometimes the most positive thing you can be in a boring society is absolutely negative.
Maker of Things.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2004 02:09:26 PM »

I have a couple of shoeboxes with mag clippings, tags, etc.  For ideas from websites, I print the instructions out and use a 3-hole punch and put them in my DIY binder!  Pictures are all in a box until I get them in albums.  Craft supplies have a home in plastic bins...

I can do personal swaps!  ^_^

Pinterest!  http://pinterest.com/dmlinc2179/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How Mayonnaise Can Help Your Hair
Nifty Beauty Tip: Use Dry Shampoo to Refresh Your Hair On the Go
Some Hair Dressing Tips from Brad Graham
Sienna Miller’s Signature Beachy Waves
Get Beyoncé’s Sleek & Sparkling Grammy Hairdo: Celebrity Secret Weapon
Latest Blog Articles
Craftster Quickies: How to Make Spooky Halloween Decorations
Craft Challenge #110 Announced - Halloween Costume Contest!
Tute Tuesday: Witch Hat Fascinator

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...